How Long Before Someone Noticed Your Loss??

Options

Replies

• InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 8 and two of my co-workers noticed today :D
  • careyayn22
    Options
    15 lbs for close family who knew what was going on and a few vague "you look happy/healthy/nice" type comments until...

20-25 lbs for comments from others (about 10%). I would say I was around 25/30 down before the actual comments about weight loss were mentioned.

35+ lbs or so I started to get more shocked/excited comments. I've actually had a few people tell me they didn't recognize me (in the last few weeks).
  • Vyshness8699
    Vyshness8699 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    People started to notice after I lost 13lbs .. Im 5ft 6 in , pear shaped , My SW was 183lb and my CW is 145.8lb and this when i got alot compliments on how much i've lost ppl are beginning to say im skinny lol... Still have 22 lbs to go.. I love when ppl notice how much weight ive lost it makes me feel good and that my hard work is paying off
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    It took about 25 lbs and a new wardrobe. No one could be sure while I was wearing my old clothes. :happy:
  • Runningirl7284
    Runningirl7284 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    They say the majority of people won't notice until 15 pounds. At 16 pounds lost I started getting more comments.
  • inmyownskin
    Options
    48906345923278283_sQe70ckQ_b.jpg

My favourtie mantra!! And proven to be true! Although I've only lost 8lbs the inches show! Took 8 weeks before people at work started noticing...
  • PWanks
    PWanks Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Don't forget about how many people may have noticed but feel awkward saying something. For some reason, people feel like it's not a compliment if they ask if you've lost weight. It's like they think you'd think they were calling you fat before or something. If that makes any sense, lol.

I've only lost about 10 lbs - my mom and bf said something when I was like 2-5 lbs down. Others said something when I reached 9 or 10 lbs lost. I started at 149 and now I'm about 138-139.
  • 1_Happy_Camper
    Options
    I've lost 13 pounds and only my friends on MFP have noticed :(

and I don't even have many of those lol.
  • questhaven
    questhaven Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I've lost 24 pounds and the only people that have mentioned it are my Mom and my husband. I feel so much better than I did though - and that's it's own reward! :)
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    It was 30 for me before anyone noticed. I then put 20 back on and have now lost 11 of that and no one noticed.
    I think people get used to seeing us at one size (large) and dont notice the change. Also, my clothes were "big boy" clothes and were baggy so I could hide the belly fat, and when I bought new clothes that's when people started to notice.

Maybe buy a few new clothes that fit better and see if you get the compliments...I bet you do.
  • memcd911
    memcd911 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I've seriously only lost two pounds and people keep saying things. I think they're all smoking crack.
  • asfischer
    asfischer Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    i once read that you personally will start to notice the weight loss in 4 weeks, your spouse will notice in 8 weeks and the general populations will notice in 12 weeks.

keep up the great work!! when he does notice the weight loss, its an awesome pat on the back :)

I heard this too!! think it is really true :-)
  • opal24
    opal24 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I think it partly depends on how much you have to lose to begin with. I''m 5'7", started out at around 230 lbs and have lost 21lbs, but it's barely noticeable except in my face and in my clothes looking baggier, so I'm really not expecting other people to notice for quite a while yet. If I'd started maybe 21lbs over my goal, and lost it, then it would show a heck of a lot more. As long as I know it's happening and I'm getting the support on here, it's all good though!
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Most people didn't really notice until I lost around 40 lbs! I guess it had to be significant to really make people pay attention. Many didn't really say anything until I lost over 60 lbs!
  • brittigno
    brittigno Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Well people in my family have been saying "omg you've lost a lot of weight" within 2 weeks of me consistently working out, so I kind of don't believe their comments anymore. :|
    But no one outside of my family has said anything yet.
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Before when I lost my weight - I had lost 20lbs before anyone noticed.
  • fragilegift
    fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    well..I think it more that people need the b@lls to say something first. A couple of guy friends *know* I'm losing weight, and are very complimentary about it. Yet other people, who don't know, and who don't see me often, haven't said diddly.
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend said he could see a difference even after 10lbs lost (I think he was just being nice). My mom and sister (nope hope for dads and brothers) noticed around 25lbs. At about 35lbs, I had a couple friends say they didn't recognize me and others who were telling me I looked "skinny". Now, at almost 50lbs my friends and family won't shut up about it. :tongue:
    Just make sure you are doing this for yourself in the end. Keep it up! :happy:
  • Tiffaney82690
    Options
    Idk Ive been asking the same thing!! I have lost almost 30 pounds and not one person has said anything :s ... im sure someone will soon enough!
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I lost about 28 pounds since the beginning of the year. Some of my closest friends noticed within a month. My supervisor and people in her office noticed about 20 pounds into it. I don't see them everyday. People I work with everyday started noticing in the last couple of weeks. I think a lot of it is hard to notice that I lost weight because I haven't lost much weight in my waist. That is where I carry a lot of excess weight.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!