How Long Before Someone Noticed Your Loss??

Options

Replies

• renkath
    renkath Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I think people don't say anything because they fear offending you.
    Agreed.
  • AviaBatyah
    AviaBatyah Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    At about 20 lbs lost is when one of my husbands crew man thought my husband was talking to another woman and when my husband told him it was his wife the guy was shock and said I looked totally different :) I guess everyone is different but it really feels good when they notice.
  • Aureilie
    Aureilie Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    As of today I'm 10lbs down and no one has noticed.
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    48906345923278283_sQe70ckQ_b.jpg

I want this poster!
  • OpenHeaven
    OpenHeaven Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of starting over, but a couple years ago, I dropped about 45lbs, and almost no one noticed until I hit 40! I could hardly notice (although I dropped 2 pant sizes) either!! I am 5'10" though, so.....???

Now, although it feels good when others notice, I'm doing this FOR ME!!!!
  • Icandoit66
    Icandoit66 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have lost 11 lbs. so far and some people have noticed. I have noticed that I have been getting a few more compliments about my hair, makeup, clothing and etc. and I truly believe it is because they know something is different but not sure exactly what. So take those compliments as a job well done!! Good luck with your weight loss!
  • jching29
    jching29 Posts: 163
    Options
    It only took about 10 pounds for my aunt to notice...but she has an eagle-eye for that sort of thing. My mom started commenting once I'd hit about 20, and I know my girlfriend doesn't really see a difference, except when she complains that my bottom is getting smaller... It took me about three months to really see the difference, especially where I wanted to see it. I usually measure myself fairly constantly, though, and that helps me stay motivated.
  • SilverStormi
    SilverStormi Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I am down 8lbs in 8 weeks of trying. Started at 236lb and i'm 5'9" This past weekend when I was with friends one of them asked if I had lost some weight. Which was nice. I have asked my husband if he noticed but he tells me since he sees me on a daily basis its harder for him to tell. Personally i feel better since I have been seeing some of the weight drop off.
    My real test will be Easter next month. I will see a lot of family and they aren't shy about saying did you loose/gain some weight. I hope to be down about 15lbs by then. So far family wise only my mother knows i'm trying to loose and she keeps going how much are you down now? Which is nice having her encouragement as well
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Except for my husband, I'm still waiting. I can barely tell a difference visually, though, so whatever. I feel better and that's enough for me.
  • Aesto
    Aesto Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    It's so funny that I saw this post. The first person (co-worker) noticed today. I have gone from 155 to 140... so 15 lbs. I think that people notice but don't always say it. Working with 99% women I find myself not sure if I should comment on weight loss. Sometimes it can be a sensative subject. I think some people feel the same way. Don't worry, Im sure you and your clothes notice.
  • esphixiet
    esphixiet Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind a lot of guys are terrified to comment on weight, because of the idea we might interpret it as them calling us fat. There's nothing funnier than a guy trying to compliment a girl on weight loss when he's not quite sure what to say.

My spouse started noticing the loss within the first 2 weeks, and I'd lost almost 10lbs rather fast.
    It took his mother, however, almost 25lbs of loss for her to comment.
  • Carita79
    Carita79 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    6 weeks and 16 lbs..my boss was the first to comment..and she did so yesterday :) felt great!
  • kleighsamboer
    Options
    I lost about 15 pounds in 2 1/2 weeks and hubby noticed but he notices everything :)
  • heathermarie517
    Options
    48906345923278283_sQe70ckQ_b.jpg

This is EXACTLY what I was looking for! Thanks for posting!!
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    30 pounds lost...about 6 months in...
  • jenkinsjerry
    jenkinsjerry Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    This is a hard-to-determine one for me...

I've had a lot of comments, where the passive aggressive ones I wish would stop...

Weight loss, particularly a significant amount, can be intimidating and cause those that also need to lose weight to secretly or overtly resent your success.

What's a great response? "You look great", or, "Great job on your weight loss"... Funny though, I often hear, "Wow, how much weight have you lost?", or, "Man, you're waisting away to nothing."

All of this has taught me that weight mastery should contain a lot of personal and intrinsic benefits that are just for you... e.g. longer life, great example for your kids, gift back to your spouse, self esteem, courage to attempt other life change, etc. Another good one is new clothes. But the list is important for at some point, we may become comfortable with our weight loss and succumb to the temptation to put it all back on. If your list of benefits is lengthy, it can keep you on the right path... Conversely, if you're only goal is to hear the compliments or to turn the eye of that special person, you might run out of motivation to keep the weight off...
  • caroleslaststand
    caroleslaststand Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I started running without the intention of loosing weight I just startd running for stress relief, then eating better foods I cut out fast food and processed foods for the most part I still love a nice Chilli Dog or two. But anyways some one looked at me and said I looked like I was loosing weight I finially stepped on the scale and I had lost 50lbs without even really making a mental effort nor intending too. Boy did that make my wife mad.
    Didn't she notice long before it was 50 pounds? way to go btw
  • caroleslaststand
    Options
    I find it's almost as meaningful when someone who hasn't ever seen me (like an online buddy who exchanges long emails & has known me for awhile) manages to convey some sense of happiness for me ("that's amazing. That's a lot of pounds") but, I've had no feedback yet , even though my total weight loss before I found MFP and the loss shown in my official ticker comes to more than 10% of my starting weight (38 pounds starting from 320).Could it be because I'm a hermit and go for days and weeks without seeing anyone, so that nobody who actually knows me has seen me in MONTHS, other than my neighbors catching a glimpse of me running between car & house when I'm forced to go out. Maybe when I'm really lookin' good, I'll even feel like staying OUTside and spending time with someone human.
  • hanna6774
    hanna6774 Posts: 225
    Options
    I had lost over 50 lbs before anyone started to notice! At first I found it tough to see some people's before and after pics when they had only lost 10 - 20 lbs and have such amazing transformations. Everyone's body is different and now it just makes me more determined so I can post my amazing after pics. I'm hoping by this Christmas my total loss will be just over 100 lbs. People better notice by then or else!!!!!!
  • caroleslaststand
    Options
    I'm down about 10% of my body weight and nobody has said anything. But this is good for me because in the past if someone noticed I stopped losing weight. This time I'm doing it for health, and I can sure tell.

THIS - yes - in the past getting too much attention for weight loss has spelled disaster for me. I think I got cocky and let myself go, because I felt like "well done, Carole...have some ice cream." and it was all downhill from there. Even after I had dropped from 350 to 185, I caved as soon as my head started to swell.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!