How Long Before Someone Noticed Your Loss??

Options

Replies

• mimieob
    mimieob Posts: 54
    Options
    my daughter-in-law saw from a picture send by cell phone that I had lost weight and I had only lost 5 lbs.....it just depends who is looking and how much they are paying attention,I would guess.....keep up the hard work, someone will notice, don't let it get you down feel good about what you have, you are the you're trying to impress anyway.....
  • nikkilou1978
    nikkilou1978 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I think the first time someone noticed my loss was at 20 lbs lost.
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Twas 5 pounds for me.
  • racs80
    racs80 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    i have only lost about a stone all together but i workout alot and people are noticing now because im toning up alot i think some people just dont like to say anything x
  • kacbldmm07
    Options
    For people that hadn't seen me in a while it was 20 lbs and they started to notice. People that see me everyday, I actually had to show them a picture of what I used to look like compared to now and they were holy crap never noticed you were that big. Which they knew I was losing weight just didn't know I lost so much!
  • 1953Judith
    1953Judith Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I lost 15" off my waist before anyone outside my immediate family and friends commented. Every inch since then seems to result in positive comments. I have taken off approximately 3" a year over a six year period (Sloooooow, but doable). It takes a lot especially at the beginning for people to notice and, more importantly, to believe that it is off for good and therefore appropriate to comment.
  • jenkinsdeb
    Options
    It has taken 22 pounds or 10 kilos for other's to truly notice, and that is 1 size in my clothes.. ;-) Debs J
  • lynniesue42
    Options
    For me, family noticed around 10lbs, and friends/co-workers closer to 15-20...just remember, YOU know you are losing and that's what matters! =)
  • kizzaii
    kizzaii Posts: 52
    Options
    I'm 18.5 pounds down and a few people have commented. I think sometimes people don't want to comment as it may be construed as rude? As long as the scales going down, who cares if people notice!
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Some things to remember:

People who see you regularly aren't going to notice as readily as someone who hasn't seen you for a while. Gradual changes are harder to see.

Sometimes people are afraid to ask about weight loss or comment on it, because it's a touchy subject for a lot of people.
  • Rikjames
    Rikjames Posts: 8
    Options
    I never worry about other people noticing.
    Let's face it. Some people won't say anything because in their minds it's acknowledgment that you were overweight.
    Do it for yourself. Your the one that has to look in the mirror every day.
    No one will love the changes more than your body itself.
  • SweetJoanne
    SweetJoanne Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    i am in a long distance relationship and spent a week in mexico with my boyfriend when we came back we didn't see each other for 3 weeks but he noticed and kept complementing me on it which makes me want to keep on losing, I lost 10 lbs and want to loose another 10 lb for my birthday april 8th and as long as he keeps complementing me then I will work hard to loose it and if I can loose another 10 lb by May 6th then I will be half way to my goal of 60 lb it makes you feel good when people notice,wear tigher clothes to show off your figure it works.
  • dipobird
    dipobird Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've often read that it takes 2 weeks of continual exercise and diet for you to notice, 4 for close friends and 6 for everyone else. So keep going strong!
  • Bunnybeesweet
    Bunnybeesweet Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    My man doesn't notice ANY of the physical changes I work so hard to create...It used to really hurt me, thinking he's not really paying attention. But the upside is, he doesn't notice my bad hair days, the dark circles under my eyes or wrinkles either. I think he sees my beauty no matter what I "look" like. I decided I could live with that!
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I was over 300 and no one noticed until i lost about 40 lbs. after 90 lbs evryone took notice that i was seriously doing it and now at 158 lbs there are people who don't even recognize me untill i show them my before pic. i have 20 more to go before i am at my goal wt
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I would say between 20-25 lbs.
  • alexro277
    Options
    My family claims they noticed at about 15 pounds 6/7 weeks in... but honestly I barely notice it myself so it's hard to tell.
  • esphixiet
    esphixiet Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I finially stepped on the scale and I had lost 50lbs without even really making a mental effort nor intending too. Boy did that make my wife mad.

Oh this is funny :)
  • TanyaCurtis
    TanyaCurtis Posts: 630
    Options
    2 months, what u lost was mostly water weight!! :)
  • rsmblue
    rsmblue Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I think the first thing anyone will notice is your face... I'm down 26lbs and that's the first thing anyone says to me when they see me...

Also, alot of it has to do with your clothes... My husband always tells me, don't expect anyone to notice you lost x amt of pounds when you are still wearing a tent!

:laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!