How Long Before Someone Noticed Your Loss??

Options

Replies

• LizDHarris
    LizDHarris Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    34lbs lost and dropped 2 dress sizes, and a whole new wardrobe - still no comments from my Husband! Thankfully I have some great friends who have noticed (all female and I hope no just due to the new wardrobe!). Once I hit goal I went for a professional makeover & photo shoot. the compliments I got from these was amazing.
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I think people don't say anything because they fear offending you.

It is almost as if they say something they are indirectly saying you were fat before..but it would be nice to get that extra compliment. My co-worker is so excited for me she tells me every time she hasn't seen me for a few days. I can't tell when I look in the mirror at all but when I look at my monthly body shot updates I see the change. Doesn't matter, what matters is I am looking/feeling much better! Love my coach Robin, who helps us all out for FREE, thanks beach body! :smile:
  • jennz81
    jennz81 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    My husband and my parents have noticed, and my mom usually comments that many jeans look baggier than normal. Nano one at work has said anything yet, so I don't think I've lost enough for anyone to notice.

I think that when I've lost at least forty to sixty pounds, someone might notice.
  • Rkthach
    Rkthach Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that it takes about 4 weeks to notice it in yourself, 6 weeks for family and friends, and 12 for the rest of the world.
    My fiance (who is also long-distance) says he's noticed a change in my attitude. That I seem happier.
  • davypr86
    davypr86 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Well, my parents always notice it since the beginning, lol.

But I had my first random comment on my weight at 20 lbs.

I get it every now and then. But I expected more comments from people that haven´t seen me in while.

The biggest problem is that I haven´t bought new clothes. I don´t want to waste money buying clothes that will soon be too large.

But by wearing my already large clothing, my weight loss is less noticeable. I don´t know what is your situation or if other people have suggested it, but you might want to buy tighter clothes so the loss is more noticeable.
  • SWink06
    SWink06 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm down 39 pounds and still waiting. lol I guess that's what happens when you start out at 333 pounds!

My husband in the last couple weeks has been noticing, though. He will point out little things that he's noticing, which is a great ego boost. I half believe him and half think he's just trying to be really supportive. :)
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    I've dropped 50+ pounds, yet no one has said a word. I guess at my age people are afraid that I'm "sick" again. I don't worry about it but only enjoy buying new clothes. :flowerforyou:
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Family straight away, just mention you are on a fitness kick and they notice :O but certainly after the first month there was a huge difference (about 6kilo's worth) Work collegues and friends a couple of weeks for obvious weight loss to appear, they (work collegues) noticed that i'd completely changed my eating habits and i mentioned i was tested for high blood pressure immediately.

Didn't see any local friends til around the 3 month mark by which time my weight loss had slowed but the difference i looked almost half the person i was the last time they seen me. Yeah i know friends and not seeing doesn't seem to add up but i'm a solitary person for the most part and not a party animal plus we all work different work hours so it's almost impossible to keep intouch in person.
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I commented earlier that nobody at work is really noticing.

I'm a nurse, I went to work today and no less than 5 people said something to me. They didn't say I'd lost weight, but other compliments such as; you look so fresh and happy, you look pretty today, you're full of good energy.

I loved it, because losing weight is a side effect of my healthy life journey. It's awesome that people are noticing other positive things about me!

I'm just tickled, it felt so good to get compliments and made me realize there's a lot more to me than my weight.
  • mayonie1
    mayonie1 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I lost 2 pounds and everyone noticed me at work and my hubby too. I'm losing inches more than scale, I used to have big tummy I guess that's why.
  • kezzola
    kezzola Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I've lost 10 kilos - 22 pounds - and when I mentioned it to my brother yesterday he wouldn't believe me. Of course that made me feel a bit grumpy with him. After he left I realised that I was wearing a very thick polar fleece hoodie which is probably a size or two too big for me now.
    My weight loss was very well hidden from everyone, so now I can't wait for Spring to start next week and I can get out some smaller sized clothes and maybe look like I've lost weight.
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    probably my issue too i still have "fat" clothes, need to by skinnier clothes to show it off, but you bet soon as i do that they'll be too big again, same thing happened the last 2 lots of clothes i bought over the past 6 months
  • kckBxer396
    kckBxer396 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Well, I've only lost about 18-20 pounds. However, nobody really seemed to notice at first. I joined the site in April,and started losing in May. I visited my family in late July for my birthday,and received zero comments. However, I visited this past week,and they noticed that I was losing. Also, in the last couple of weeks, my s.o. has been "so proud of me" because he can "tell I've lost a lot" and that I am "trying really hard". haha I guess that means...

About 3 months and close to 20 pounds before anyone noticed.

However,I am not noticing. I have looser clothes,but I don't see it in the mirror at all.
  • Iamworthit45
    Options
    I really think people notice but are afraid to comment "just in case" they made a mistake and they upset you.:blushing:
  • guessrs
    guessrs Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    2months minimum if not more

But once they notice its like whoa you've lost weight!!
  • matty4130
    Options
    It was at about 40 lbs for me. However I am a large guy beyond the weight loss.
  • emienne
    emienne Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm down 8 kg (17.5 pounds) now and nobody has noticed. I can't notice any difference so far. But I still have so so far to go - over 59kg (131+ pounds) - so I wouldn't expect anyone to notice. And I haven't told anybody that I'm trying to lose weight. My 16yo son just thinks I've gone extra crazy weighing all my food.
  • janupshaw
    janupshaw Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    The first two people noticed the same day when I was at the 15 pound mark, then a few more at 20 pounds. I wear scrubs to work & they hide a lot! My clothes were fitting a bit better at 7 pounds lost, but I couldn't see it in the mirror until 15 pounds. The heavier you are, the more you need to lose before it's noticeable. I think some people are just uncomfortable mentioning it. One guy said to me, "I don't want you to think I'm checking you out, but I noticed you've lost alot of weight." That was at 30 pounds. Some people think when they say, "You look good" that it implies that you didn't look good before and they don't want to offend you.
  • JL2513
    JL2513 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    18 lbs down and only one person outside of my family has noticed- or has said something about it, at least. One of my colleagues picked up on my weight loss at around the 10 lb mark and has been very supportive. She's on her own weight loss journey as well. I don't mind at all, actually, that people haven't spoken up about it. Interestingly, I have noticed some of my other colleagues giving me long looks as if they're trying to place what's different about me, but aren't sure or don't want to bother mentioning it.
  • Donald_Dozier_50
    Donald_Dozier_50 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I had lost 55 lbs. in 2 months before anyone noticed and that was only one person. It took another 10 lbs. for a total of 65 before more people said anything.

I started at 6'0" and 287 lbs. currently I am 218.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!