i want something that blocks my appetite

Options

Replies

• dmdakd
    dmdakd Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I went to a five meal a day diet. It's pretty tough to be hungry when you eat every three hours or so. Years ago I did a structured diet plan that required a five meal schedule. To be a meal it has to be a minimum 150 calories and contain a protein and I try to limit each meals carbs to less than 25 (I rarely stay this low but it's a target). I have found this plan helps me even out my blood sugars and keeps the cravings away. You would be amazed at how fast they go away.
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Google image search for "cuterebra."

You're welcome.

scared I may lose my job....or my lunch...if I follow this advice LOL

It would be your lunch... trust me! LOL!
  • eriemer
    eriemer Posts: 197
    Options
    I find chewing sugar free gum (cinneman) curves my hunger and keeps my mouth busy. I take fiber suppliments with every meal (2 grms) and eat high protien. Dr Oz had saffron extract on his Friday show as an appetite suppressant. I've never tried it so good luck. I have cravings all the time. I tried the 5-6 mini meal thing. It does NOT work for me. The only way I can stay on any diet is to eat 3 meals a day, no snacking. (I write in snacks but they are usually something I ate with my meal) When I eat those mini meals I'm just always hungry. When I eat 3 meals I feel full for up to 3 hrs after. If it's late in the day and I feel like snacking I drink green tea, diet caffiene free soda, and water. If it after 7pm I brush my teeth put on jammies and go to bed, then the kitchen isn't as tempting.
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    eat small amounts of food every 3 hours, drink water and non caffienated drinks. That will block your appetite the safest way of all and better still, depending on the foods can help you keep your metabolism up.
    Check out my diary if you want examples.

Note: My food plan is specifically designed for my body and blood type as well as my age/sex and weight.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Eating more food tends to make the hunger disappear. I know it sounds crazy, but it works. Now I'm not hungry all the time and steadily losing weight. Crazy how that works.

Eat nutrient dense foods, and eat when you're hungry, until you're satisfied. Boom! It works.
  • LJC44
    LJC44 Posts: 221
    Options
    I really want something that really blocks my appetite. Before there was sibutramine, but they dont sell it anymore. Xenical is buh-uh...
    Anyone has any idea?

It is basically going to come down to eat more throughout the day and drink water. Good advice!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    rent a trio of high school girls to say "ewe' and "that's so gross" every time you start going over on calories.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: best answer ever.....
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Duct tape over your mouth.

^^This
  • angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    protein is the best thing...You never really know what you're getting in "those pills". I certainly wouldn't trust them.

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Sounds good, can anyone give me some suggestions for high protein things for someone who doesn't eat meat. I am lacto ovo so eggs and milk are fine......
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Exercise! I always find I eat less on run days.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Looking at "before pictures" next to either after or goal pictures.
  • azwildcatfan94
    azwildcatfan94 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    For me, healthy fats like avocado helps reduce hunger. Also, eating sugar increases my hunger, so I try to avoid it as best as I can.
  • angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    rent a trio of high school girls to say "ewe' and "that's so gross" every time you start going over on calories.

I love this commercial!!!!
  • gertudejekyl
    gertudejekyl Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    haha great advice :flowerforyou:
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Steaming hot strong black coffee :drinker:

Very few calories and a great appetite suppressant.
  • dawnlgreen
    dawnlgreen Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Eat more protein and tons of water preferrably before and after each meal. Helps me big time! :-)
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    Options
    Sounds good, can anyone give me some suggestions for high protein things for someone who doesn't eat meat. I am lacto ovo so eggs and milk are fine......

go to the veggie/vegan boards, they're a great resource for a specific quesiton such as this.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    Options

I love this commercial!!!!

I know, I about pee myself laughing everytime it comes on.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    Options
    Steaming hot strong black coffee :drinker:

So burn your tongue into submission then?