i want something that blocks my appetite

Options

Replies

• yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Sounds good, can anyone give me some suggestions for high protein things for someone who doesn't eat meat. I am lacto ovo so eggs and milk are fine......

Low-fat cheese
    Plain greek yogurt
    Nuts
    Eggs
    Protein bars and shakes (watch the sugar)
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Food works great for getting rid of my appetite, for 2-3 hours at least.
    Yep..... Same here. Try lot's of Protein fiber and water. Lean meats like turkey, chicken, eggs, fish, milk, protein shakes. Veggies like carrot or celery sicks with lite or yogart ranch. Eating= Waaaay better then pills (that really don't d ANYTHING good for you) Good luck, hope you make the obvious and wise decision here. :flowerforyou:
  • LJC44
    LJC44 Posts: 221
    Options
    Sounds good, can anyone give me some suggestions for high protein things for someone who doesn't eat meat. I am lacto ovo so eggs and milk are fine......

Whey shakes...Tofu
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Steaming hot strong black coffee :drinker:

So burn your tongue into submission then?

Or.... sip it? K.
  • ashleymichaud
    Options
    I started taking a fiber supplement twice a day and it has helped me immensely. I have tried many times to lose this weight in the last two years but have never had this level of success! I am always within my calorie goal and I never feel like I'm starving. And also protein, like everyone else said. Good luck to you on your journey :)
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Exercise! I always find I eat less on run days.

This. You have less time to get all your other stuff done and not enough time to eat. If you are hungry, part of the reason is you have the luxury of noticing that you're hungry. Make time for your workout, you'll have less time to sit around and eat.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/joel-fuhrman-md/redefining-hunger_b_789980.html

You have to identify the type of hunger. Aritfical or real. Apparently there are two types
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options

I have found the same thing with food. Give it a try!
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options

Very few calories and a great appetite suppressant.

The two eeeeeeens.... protein and caffeine
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    The only way to block your appetite is by eating ... well balance meals will do that for you :)
  • LJC44
    Options
    I started taking a fiber supplement twice a day and it has helped me immensely. I have tried many times to lose this weight in the last two years but have never had this level of success! I am always within my calorie goal and I never feel like I'm starving. And also protein, like everyone else said. Good luck to you on your journey :)

Do you take the fiber supplement along with eating foods with fiber? What is the supplement called?
  • shalinimunjal
    shalinimunjal Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Figure out why you're hungry.

Is it because you're not eating enough calories?
    Is it because it's the wrong type of foods? (simple carbs instead of complex)
    Is it really hunger or could you be thirsty?
  • kreat
    kreat Posts: 136
    Options
    WATER
  • Jbarbo01
    Jbarbo01 Posts: 240 Member
    Options

Very few calories and a great appetite suppressant.

This^ and protein, fiber, and water will help immensely. Eat foods like beans, eggs, brown rice, edamame, cheese, etc.
  • ashleymichaud
    Options
    I take metamucil, the berry one. I do try to get fiber through healthy eating, but it's not always easy, haha. I use the supplement to fill in where I've fallen short.
  • run4yourlife
    run4yourlife Posts: 379 Member
    Options

^^^This
    a stomach virus should do the trick... go find some sick kids and have them wipe their germy hands all over you :-)

^^^And this :laugh:
  • LJC44
    Options
    I take metamucil, the berry one. I do try to get fiber through healthy eating, but it's not always easy, haha. I use the supplement to fill in where I've fallen short.

Is Metamucil a fiber supplement??? I used to take FiberCon and it worked! Thanks for reminding me that I have to start again :)
  • brencamille
    brencamille Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Lipo 6 Black Ultra works great as an appetite supplement. I know alot of people on here promote staying natural but there are times when your appetite just cannot be controlled, especially around that time of the month.:wink:
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I really want something that really blocks my appetite. Before there was sibutramine, but they dont sell it anymore. Xenical is buh-uh...
    Anyone has any idea?

I have never taken any pills to suppress my appetite to be honest. Food-wise, I find protein, lots of it, does it for me though, especially eggs.
  • ashleymichaud
    Options
    I know that different people react differently to different types of fiber, for example metamucil is psyllium fiber and fibercon is inulin I think. I found that personally fibercon made my stomach hurt, but if it works for you then any fiber is good fiber :)