Those who are not overweight but are still trying to lose

Options

Replies

• bunnylvr
    bunnylvr Posts: 78
    Options
    When I first started losing my goal was to lose 18 pounds. After I lost 13 pounds I quit trying to lose the last 5 for a few reasons.

1. I was already happy with what I saw in the mirror, which matters more than an ideal number to me.
    2. This past weekend I bought 2 pairs of really cute shorts that fit me perfectly, it was the best shorts shopping trip in years. If I lost the last 5 pounds the shorts would be too big and I wouldn't be able to wear them any more :( Plus I would have to go out and buy more shorts.
    3. No one is going to notice 5 pounds but me.
    4. The scale wouldn't move anyway.

Although I think this fall/winter I am going to try to decrease BF% and lose some inches, not sure yet though.
  • SusannaTuttaPanna
    Options
    Try this US Navy body fat calculator thing... I doubt it's very accurate but might give you an idea. It says my body fat percentage is 22% and that sounds about right. I was looking for something like this last night because I also don't want to spend money on some body fat test. Hope this helps. :-)

http://fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
    Stop worrying about weight and cut body fat instead. That is what gives you that flat tummy and a defined look. But follow eric's calorie deficit recommendations and aim to eat 50-75% of your exercise calories as well as lift heavy weights where you fail at 12 or less reps.

BTW, I am working on cutting my body fat by the last 4%. At 12% now, working to get to 8%

Perhaps stupid question: how do we measure body fat short of expensive tests (that I definitely cannot afford)? Just by taking waist/body measurements and have faith that we're losing fat?

I'm really okay with that (theoretically); I'd rather fit into my old pants than have a scale say I weigh. . .whatever.
  • Spence_
    Spence_ Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hey :) I am! I'm about 151 at the moment, try to get down to 140-145. Tis bloomin' difficult as I already eat quite healthily and either swim or run every day... Feel free to add me anyone! Laura

Edit - I'm 5ft 10 :P
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I'm in the healthy range with about 18-23 pounds to go, depending on how my body looks and feels.
  • BaDaSsBrUnEtTe
    BaDaSsBrUnEtTe Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I am in the healthy weight range and have lost 3lbs so far but I have 7lbs to go. Ill add you! And others in this post feel free to add me I need all the motivation I can get!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Start zig zagging.

It makes life easier!
  • widmer3
    widmer3 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm in the healthy range; I'm 5'2" and 125 pounds, but I'm trying to get down to a fit and solid 117.

Good luck on your weight loss/toning journey! =]
  • phoenixoncemore
    phoenixoncemore Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I am on the border but inside the healthy weight range now. At the start I was only just over 25 BMI. It's so frustrating when I see some of my friends complaining that they've only lost a 14lb in 2 months when I've lost 6lb in that time!

Feel free to add me anyone! :flowerforyou:
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Me! I'm 5ft 1 and 130 lbs, That's in the healthy range but I am happier around 124ish...so I've got a six lb weight loss goal-hoping to lose that last bit of body fat and build up the muscle mass/tone. Anyone can feel free to add me!
  • jovz10
    jovz10 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'2 and 129lbs BMI 23.7 took me 5 months to lose 27lbs but this last month, i've been hovering.... i only want to lose 4 more lbs to meet my goal... i'll give it about one more month and then, i'm throwing my scale away...
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and 68.5kg (151lbs, i think). bmi is around 24.

I used to be 58kgs and am aiming to get back down somewhere between 56 and 60. My main goals are fitness/body fat/strength goals though, so not sure how weight will end up. :)

Anyone in a similar boat - feel free to add me. :D I don't know a lot about losing weight, but I know how I used to live to maintain at 58, and I was fit and reasonably fast... not very strong though.
  • CindyBretta
    Options
    I am in the normal weight range for my height, but still have some fat around my mid section I would like to get rid of. I have been exercising more in the past few weeks and am feeling stronger, so maybe the last 5 pounds or so will eventually disappear.
  • dzilobommo
    dzilobommo Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Let me join the club - I'm in the 'healthy' range of BMI (23.7) but every extra pound shows on my 5'2" frame, so I'd really like to get down to about 52kg (115 pounds). Need to lose about 5-6 kgs (11-13 pounds) and it's definitely NOT dropping off me...

My BMR is only about 1350 kcal per day, and I find it hard to stick to 1200 kcals as I'm hungry all the time. On the days I get to exercise properly, it's a lot easier to stay under, but things are so hectic at work that I can't make it to the gym as often as I like (it doesn't help that it takes 2 hours to get to work by train!)

Deep down I know that these are excuses rather than insurmountable obstacles, so it's up to me to do something about them :blushing: In any case, I'm convinced that for me, more regular exercise is going to be the only way to lose those last pounds. Here's to weights, tennis, treadmills, and kickbox classes! :drinker:

Good luck everyone!
  • cmayfield3
    cmayfield3 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I started at the top of the healthy range and my goal is towards the bottom... 5'8", SW 162, CW 150, GW 130.
  • mrsrobinsonlauraj
    mrsrobinsonlauraj Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Eating more calories worked for me too! I was afraid to do it but after much research I tried it and I am losing weight again and feeling more satisfied with what I am eating.
  • kazj17
    kazj17 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am in the normal weight range for my height etc. but am only 5ft 2" & wanted to lose around 14-18lb and generally tone up, as every little gained really shows. I lost 10lb in first few weeks as I really changed my eating habits & started a bit of excercise (which I never did before). I have slowed down now but am going to carry on. Am currently on 1200 calories which MFP gave me, was fine at first but am now starting to feel hungry a lot of the time. Am considering increasing to 1350 but not sure.
    I think more exercise is probably the answer for me.
    Good luck!
  • GCNerd
    GCNerd Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and 126 lbs now. I was 135 lbs before, which is still in the healthy range, but I want to get down to 115. It's definitely a long, frustrating journey, but I'm hoping the patience will pay off!

Feel free to add me :)
  • Skinny100
    Skinny100 Posts: 77
    Options
    Yes! I know what you mean! All the charts say I am on the high-end of normal and I want to be on the low end of what is healthy for my height. It's about 20 lbs. I'm 130 now and I'd love to be 110.
    I still want to be in the healthy range, but I feel like my clothes will fit so much better once I get down to the the lower end.
    Let's do this!!
    I plan on doing this by June 1st!!!! :happy:
  • akitt1207
    akitt1207 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm also in the "healthy" weight range, but would like to lose about 12 more pounds. I completely understand your frustration of the weight coming off very slowly. Feel free to add me!
  • myahennessy
    myahennessy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Me too! Am just borderline according to BMI measurements, but body.measurements are normal. very hard to.keep shifting th weight. Am trying to go by how my clothes feel but want to lower my BMI, another 12 lbs and ill be doing well. Feel free to add me! :)