Replies

• _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    I can only pick one?
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Static lunges with 50lb dumbbells and step up's on the 2.5ft box with 50lb dumbbells. I feel like I just ran a sprint......

I have never seen my HR shoot up so high after doing those too things.....EVA
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Static lunges with 50lb dumbbells and step up's on the 2.5ft box with 50lb dumbbells. I feel like I just ran a sprint......

I have never seen my HR shoot up so high after doing those too things.....EVA

I've never done them quite this heavy, but yes, they totally jack the heart rate!!
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Push-ups!

smiley-vault-signs-015.gif
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Wall Balls & Thrusters. Burpees also rank pretty high.
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Definitely burpees. Man makers would be second on my list (a close second).

^^^ both of these... especially man makers. I love the results and the feeling afterwards, but I want to shoot myself in the face during them lol :grumble:

I just had to look up what the crap a "man maker" is .... can safely say I will never be doing that. And I'll be happy about it!
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Burpees. Definitely burpees.
    THIS, THIS AND THIS!!! CAN'T STAND BURPEES!!!
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Weighted split squats. They're also the exercise I'm best at, lol. I push hard and it almost, ALMOST scares me to do them.
  • Ladyiianae
    Ladyiianae Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Squats
  • garyobesedeleted
    garyobesedeleted Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    id rather die than do squats
  • PinkiePie07
    PinkiePie07 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Running is the worst for me. Even when I was the most fit I had ever been in my life, running was a nightmare. Then again I'm a bit "gifted" on top, as my mom puts it, so running is like being hit in the lungs with sandbags each step. It's miserable.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I haven't done that many exercises but the one that really gets me worried and/or stressed are ANY exercises that involve my shoulders. Apparently I have super weak shoulders.

Push ups, military presses, those stupid shoulder raises Jillian has one do in the 30 Day Shred... all of these exercises hurt like WOAH and I have such a HARD time completing them... even with my piddly little 3lb weights. It's very discouraging but I'm plodding along and do them when they come along.
  • lucyford22
    lucyford22 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Mountain Climbers.
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    Definitely burpees. Man makers would be second on my list (a close second).

^^^ both of these... especially man makers. I love the results and the feeling afterwards, but I want to shoot myself in the face during them lol :grumble:

I just had to look up what the crap a "man maker" is .... can safely say I will never be doing that. And I'll be happy about it!

Yes, yes everything about that move. LOL!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    You know, the one that when you hear it, you lose all the air and motivation no matter how many sets and reps.

I without a shadow of a doubt hate and dread burpees.

How bout ya'll?

Deadlifts. Mainly because my grip strength is really weak compared to my lower back and hams...but either way, I freakin' hate deadlifts. So I do them twice a week, lol.
  • ygrad2001
    ygrad2001 Posts: 230
    Options
    Squat thrusts
  • amayarnell
    amayarnell Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    i know burpees suck, but what about one-leg burpees? suck even more!
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Squats. **** everything about them.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    walking lunges with weights...ugh...
  • Rjdj3530
    Rjdj3530 Posts: 154
    Options
    You know, the one that when you hear it, you lose all the air and motivation no matter how many sets and reps.

I without a shadow of a doubt hate and dread burpees.

How bout ya'll?

Burpees was already my answer when I read the thread title!! I curse every time he says it in bootcamp.