Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

One Exercise You Dread

Replies

• Vyshness8699
    Vyshness8699 Posts: 390 Member
    I hate hate hate LUNGES!!!! GRRRR AND PUSH-UPS ALSO
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    You know, the one that when you hear it, you lose all the air and motivation no matter how many sets and reps.

I without a shadow of a doubt hate and dread burpees.

How bout ya'll?

It's funny but I'll answer this the same way I answer what's your favorite exercise and that's the Deadlift. I don't "dread" the Deadlift per say nor does it de-motivate me but I do have a lot of respect for the lift and how it can completely **** you up if you're careless. I always approach my training seriously but for DL'ing I definitely stay more focused and get my head in the game. I'm a little cautious when I first start but after my 3rd warm-up set I'm usually in the right place for it.
    I love deadlifts, but you're right, you have to respect it. Just picking it up wrong could ruin your world for a few weeks.

For me it was months... Last March I hurt my back DL'ing and I didn't take it too seriously until 2 weeks later I bent over and part of my disc popped out. Three months before I could DL again, 7 months before I could Squat again. DOH!
  • antoniosmooth
    antoniosmooth Posts: 299 Member
    Burpees and Preacher Curls and Leg Curls
  • iamfranniefierce
    iamfranniefierce Posts: 305 Member
    Push-ups!
  • pinthin87
    pinthin87 Posts: 296 Member
    I absolutely HATE side plank! It hurts so bad and I feel like a fat *kitten* because I have trouble lifting my own body weight in that position. :-(
  • You know, the one that when you hear it, you lose all the air and motivation no matter how many sets and reps.

I without a shadow of a doubt hate and dread burpees.

How bout ya'll?

It's funny but I'll answer this the same way I answer what's your favorite exercise and that's the Deadlift. I don't "dread" the Deadlift per say nor does it de-motivate me but I do have a lot of respect for the lift and how it can completely **** you up if you're careless. I always approach my training seriously but for DL'ing I definitely stay more focused and get my head in the game. I'm a little cautious when I first start but after my 3rd warm-up set I'm usually in the right place for it.
    I love deadlifts, but you're right, you have to respect it. Just picking it up wrong could ruin your world for a few weeks.

For me it was months... Last March I hurt my back DL'ing and I didn't take it too seriously until 2 weeks later I bent over and part of my disc popped out. Three months before I could DL again, 7 months before I could Squat again. DOH!

i know im really missing out on gains here.........but i dont do this for this exact reason..........i can just see me now!!! "one more rep" form goes out the window struggling......and pop......snapped my s.h.i.t right up!!!
  • Glasspack
    Glasspack Posts: 105 Member
    Burpees but I still do them as they are a great exercise.
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,226 Member
    lunges and squats, but I do them :grumble:
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Mountain Climbers and Burpees for sure. I actually squeal and moan in pain and distaste when doing them.
  • woopidydoo
    woopidydoo Posts: 79 Member
    Lunges.
  • We should start a burpee hater support group...

I also hate any hip stretching (ie pigeon) but know I NEED it.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    chinups
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,998 Member
    PUSH UPS!!! I hate when my trainer makes me do them because I suck at them. The most I got up to is 3 and I don't have weakling arms, I got some guns going but for some reason I just can't do push ups. Most. Hated. Exercise. Ever.

^^^ this. I'm up to 20 girl push ups after 2 months of work but I hate them and can't do a single real push up. Figure I just need to work harder.
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    chinups

For me, that would fall under the category of "which exercise can you not do more than 2 of"
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Mountain Climbers. I want to punch Mountain Climbers in the face parts. :P
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Dumbbell lunges.
  • Bookers23
    Bookers23 Posts: 187 Member
    Ughhh burpees! My profile pic is of me at the spartan beast race last fall. If you failed at an obstacle the punishment was 20 burpees.
  • ericarae33
    ericarae33 Posts: 211 Member
    Walking lunges with weight...yuck, and I hate burpees as well!
  • Eleisabelle
    Eleisabelle Posts: 365
    For me it's lunges. I hate them with a passion but I do them and do all their stupid variations lol

^^ This. I can't stand lunges. I even prefer burpees over lunges. Bleah.
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Donkey calf raises. Don't get me wrong, they are super fun. It's just that everyone acts all awkward after. I don't get it.