One Exercise You Dread

Options

Replies

• gimmewellness
    gimmewellness Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    for me it's jumping jacks!! kill me every time, and they don't ever seem to get easier. Just knocks me on my butt!!!
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    It's stupid, but Jumping Jacks! I get a headache from them!
  • Divagettinfitin2011
    Divagettinfitin2011 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Burpees!!! Yuck
  • Sarahsarahsarahk
    Sarahsarahsarahk Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    PLANKS!!
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    for me it's jumping jacks!! kill me every time, and they don't ever seem to get easier. Just knocks me on my butt!!!

Oh yeah, I freaking hate jumping jacks, too. It's not even because they're hard for me... I just feel like a complete imbecile doing them. They're stupid!
  • JScarbo
    JScarbo Posts: 30
    Options
    My self. When I was in the military we had a similar exercise we called the 8 count pushup. You start standing position count 1 squat down count 2 kick out count 3 4 5 6 = 2 pushups count 7 back the squat position count 8 stand up. That's 1 rep. Do 30 reps and your doing pretty good.
  • stingrayinfl
    stingrayinfl Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Used to be burpees, but i have a love/hate relationship with them now. There are at least 75 ways to do burpees. This morning, I used burpees in my workout. I did 7 sets of 8 burpees. You do a regular burpee, jump up at the end and grab a pullup bar and do as many pullups as you can. I also love to do a set of burpees, sprint 50 yards and do another set. You do this until you barf
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    PLANKS!!

Quoted for emphasis!

I do them frequently to try to get better at them, with the goal of liking them one day...it's not really working, though I am getting much better at them!!
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    My self. When I was in the military we had a similar exercise we called the 8 count pushup. You start standing position count 1 squat down count 2 kick out count 3 4 5 6 = 2 pushups count 7 back the squat position count 8 stand up. That's 1 rep. Do 30 reps and your doing pretty good.

I actually love these. They make EVERYTHING hurt. It's wonderful.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    putting on workout clothes. It's always standing there all stubborn between me and the gym.
  • JScarbo
    Options
    They do work
  • LadyBugLex17
    LadyBugLex17 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Pushups and Pull Ups. but they both have great results.
  • Lisabel
    Lisabel Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    BURPESS!! and I'm not particularly fond of sprints, but I will take them over Burpees any day!!
  • islaybower
    Options
    Squat thrusts. I know that if I just keep doing them every day I'll improve, but my goodness it's rubbish only being able to do half a dozen in a minute!
  • JScarbo
    Options

I actually love these. They make EVERYTHING hurt. It's wonderful.

OH YEAH
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    F****** Mountain Climbers - I HATE this exercise, with a passion.

and reverse lunges.. It's not like forward (standard) lunges are a bundle of fun either, but reverse ones kill my balance, and my knees.. I spend more time worrying about those two to get any substantial workout in my thighs/quads!
  • RichEiler
    RichEiler Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    KETTLE BELLS!!!!!
  • geronimoc13
    Options
    Burpees. Definitely burpees.

I second that. I never. ever. ever. do burpees. I refuse. I'll do anything else. just not those.
  • chrissismone
    chrissismone Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Let' see I don't like jumping jacks since I have 42g boobs and all that bounce can't be healthy. I also don't like the pull up thing I just look at it and walk away. Maybe when I'm 45 more lbs lighter.
  • Miss_Krissy87
    Miss_Krissy87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I hate doing push ups and planks