Looking for INSANITY friends!! Who is with me??

Options

Replies

• EvolvedDoll
    Options
    Howdy,
    I'm starting Insanity tomorrow, again. I had to stop halfway through the program on my first attempt due to a move but I'm ready to get back into it, it's rough but I loved it. Just wondering how you record the Insanity workout in the exercise portion of the site?
  • bmwauug
    bmwauug Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I finished Insanity today!!!!! 63 days of commitment pain and hardcore workout. No excuses, never missed a single workout, put all my effort!

Great job - how do you feel? Was it worth it???
  • acp1233
    acp1233 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am on week 3 of insanity starting tomorrow, and oddly enough i LOVE it! it has pushed me to great lengths. Anyone doing insanity and wants to friend me go ahead. we can share stories!! :bigsmile:
  • acp1233
    acp1233 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am actually starting the 3rd week of insanity tomorrow... when did you really start seeing results. I am starting to feel stronger but im not seeing anything in the mirror or the scale.
  • max1987xxx
    max1987xxx Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, just started week 2 of insanity. I was wondering for men, when did you start seeing results such as weight loss? I have noticed my body reducing a bit in the core area, but no real weight loss. As a matter of fact I have gained 5 pounds. Please let me know. I am not getting discouraged, just worried.
  • KimInsanityP
    Options
    Hey all, I'm in week 5 of insanity. Is anyone's achilles hurting in month 2. I still love it though! I've got a group on here called Love Beachbody Fitness, feel free to join and add me as a friend!
  • mmarin81
    mmarin81 Posts: 241
    Options
    I am actually starting the 3rd week of insanity tomorrow... when did you really start seeing results. I am starting to feel stronger but im not seeing anything in the mirror or the scale.

I agree. I am at the same point, started week 3. Saw a considerable jump in most of my fit test but other than that not much with the scale or mirror. I'm sure soon it will come.
  • Deanthedog
    Deanthedog Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, just started week 2 of insanity. I was wondering for men, when did you start seeing results such as weight loss? I have noticed my body reducing a bit in the core area, but no real weight loss. As a matter of fact I have gained 5 pounds. Please let me know. I am not getting discouraged, just worried.

this seems to be the case for alot of people and ive heard the real results come in the second month.....for me i was classed as obese body fat 25% BMI over 31 ...took pictures on day 1 and will be taking more on 31 to compare i also took measurements and record them weekly .....starting week 4 im down 6lb and lost around 8inches of my body but i had it to loose ......another factor could be are you drinking enough fluid? and is your body use to 8 glasses a day?....your body could be in shock an storing the fluid
  • MistyBlu88
    MistyBlu88 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'll be starting tomorrow! I would love to have friends who I can share the experience with. Add me if ya like
  • jennifer783
    jennifer783 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My husband has also only lost 4-5 lbs and I think, is getting discouraged. We are starting week 4 today. I am trying to be patient because the same thing happened in p90x (I think the scale actually went backwards at first, gaining muscle) but if that's the case with most men, should I tell him the next couple of weeks should be drastically better scale and measurement-wise?

I know that we both feel stronger and are better at keeping up with the workouts pushing ourselves past our mental barriers, so I know it's not a question of not "digging deeper." We don't have heart rate monitors so are just 'estimating' on calories burned and using MFP for keeping track of calories eaten. Should we go ahead and fork out for the monitors?

Any help or advice would be great!! :)
  • Deanthedog
    Options
    My husband has also only lost 4-5 lbs and I think, is getting discouraged. We are starting week 4 today. I am trying to be patient because the same thing happened in p90x (I think the scale actually went backwards at first, gaining muscle) but if that's the case with most men, should I tell him the next couple of weeks should be drastically better scale and measurement-wise?

I know that we both feel stronger and are better at keeping up with the workouts pushing ourselves past our mental barriers, so I know it's not a question of not "digging deeper." We don't have heart rate monitors so are just 'estimating' on calories burned and using MFP for keeping track of calories eaten. Should we go ahead and fork out for the monitors?

Any help or advice would be great!! :)

its the case with alot of people ...keep at it and keep digging deep i can understand why people get discouraged i would highly recommend HRM's i started week 4 today and burned 995 calories .....what are you both doing insanity for? burn fat? loose a few lbs or just tone? what time are you exercising? how many calories you taking in? have you worked out your BMR ......if you can give me a better idea of whats going on ill do my best to help
  • jennifer783
    Options
    [/quote]

its the case with alot of people ...keep at it and keep digging deep i can understand why people get discouraged i would highly recommend HRM's i started week 4 today and burned 995 calories .....what are you both doing insanity for? burn fat? loose a few lbs or just tone? what time are you exercising? how many calories you taking in? have you worked out your BMR ......if you can give me a better idea of whats going on ill do my best to help
    [/quote]

He is trying to lose @ 30lbs. I'm doing to tone. I calculated both of our BMR's using the formula in the nutrition guide to determine our calorie goals and we are both good at that. He's eating @ 2100 and I'm getting 1600. We are exercising almost the same time every day (an hour to an hour and a half after dinner).

I've seen so many variations on the calories burned for different people from 300-1000 that I know it's hard to estimate what we are doing without monitors. I know we are both pushing ourselves to the limits, though.

I guess we should go ahead and get the monitors to have all the info for the equation :) Just a little frustrating to do so much work and not see anything yet, but I do appreciate your help!! :)
  • Deanthedog
    Options

[/quote]

He is trying to lose @ 30lbs. I'm doing to tone. I calculated both of our BMR's using the formula in the nutrition guide to determine our calorie goals and we are both good at that. He's eating @ 2100 and I'm getting 1600. We are exercising almost the same time every day (an hour to an hour and a half after dinner).

I've seen so many variations on the calories burned for different people from 300-1000 that I know it's hard to estimate what we are doing without monitors. I know we are both pushing ourselves to the limits, though.

I guess we should go ahead and get the monitors to have all the info for the equation :) Just a little frustrating to do so much work and not see anything yet, but I do appreciate your help!! :)
    [/quote]

ok one thing there for your hubby if its possible to do it in the morning?......by doing this he will be burning fat to fuel his body and not burning the calories consumed .......i can understand that its frustrating but tweaking little bits might make all the difference
  • jennifer783
    Options

ok one thing there for your hubby if its possible to do it in the morning?......by doing this he will be burning fat to fuel his body and not burning the calories consumed .......i can understand that its frustrating but tweaking little bits might make all the difference

Hmm...hadn't thought of that! It can't hurt to try, either. Thanks so much! :)
  • Deanthedog
    Options

Hmm...hadn't thought of that! It can't hurt to try, either. Thanks so much! :)

no problem anytime
  • ullrichMEX
    ullrichMEX Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I finished insanity yesterday

my weightloss was nothing spectacular, only 9lb, however measurements are a totally differente story.

In short:

I lost 4 inches of gut. 2 of waist. 3 of chest,

Most of my family and friends have noticed and keep telling me "you lost a LOT of weight" and I say yeah right it was only 9lb. My legs and glutes and core is very strong and my endurance to the roof. (a final improvement in average of 170% in the fit test)

being 38 and obese I gave 150% on each exercise, never skipped a single one and burning some days about 1300 cal per sesion. I took pics and the difference is huge. I am still under the "obese" category but I dont give a crap what BMI charts say. I just want to feel better and continue to workout as a daily routine.

Today was my 1st "after insanity" day and I feel so nostalgic and I am already feeling so lazy, I want to go out and run or anything, but I know I need to give my knees a rest. I was used to eat a lot, because I was burning a lot, but today I am having a REALLY hard time to eat only 1600 cal, (I ate almost 900 during breakfast only :S) but tomorrow (or probably tonnigh) I will start a week of cardio core and balance (I dont want to lose the fitness gained during these last 63 days and become lazy again)

lol

:D
  • Deanthedog
    Options
    I finished insanity yesterday

my weightloss was nothing spectacular, only 9lb, however measurements are a totally differente story.

In short:

I lost 4 inches of gut. 2 of waist. 3 of chest,

Most of my family and friends have noticed and keep telling me "you lost a LOT of weight" and I say yeah right it was only 9lb. My legs and glutes and core is very strong and my endurance to the roof. (a final improvement in average of 170% in the fit test)

being 38 and obese I gave 150% on each exercise, never skipped a single one and burning some days about 1300 cal per sesion. I took pics and the difference is huge. I am still under the "obese" category but I dont give a crap what BMI charts say. I just want to feel better and continue to workout as a daily routine.

Today was my 1st "after insanity" day and I feel so nostalgic and I am already feeling so lazy, I want to go out and run or anything, but I know I need to give my knees a rest. I was used to eat a lot, because I was burning a lot, but today I am having a REALLY hard time to eat only 1600 cal, (I ate almost 900 during breakfast only :S) but tomorrow (or probably tonnigh) I will start a week of cardio core and balance (I dont want to lose the fitness gained during these last 63 days and become lazy again)

lol

:D

good going man thats awesome
  • JSnover
    JSnover Posts: 51
    Options
    finished insanity and p90x have any questions about either or feel free to add/ message me
  • Charlottejogs
    Charlottejogs Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Question to all of you Insanity folks...the program recommends that I take in A LOT more calories than I do; and am willing to for that matter. I do just try to eat when I am actually hungry- I think I am eating about 1400 calories per day and am pretty small. What do you do? Do you feel alright with just eating what it feels like you need rather than an estimate? I am just curious as my goal is to tone up so I am not focused on loosing weight but I thought I would loose a little. ??? Interested in any input- thank you!
  • Deanthedog
    Options
    Question to all of you Insanity folks...the program recommends that I take in A LOT more calories than I do; and am willing to for that matter. I do just try to eat when I am actually hungry- I think I am eating about 1400 calories per day and am pretty small. What do you do? Do you feel alright with just eating what it feels like you need rather than an estimate? I am just curious as my goal is to tone up so I am not focused on loosing weight but I thought I would loose a little. ??? Interested in any input- thank you!

if your not focusing on loosing weight then you need to work out how many calories to take in and stick to that amount other wise you will loose and if you havnt got the fat to loose it will start eating your muscle