Looking for INSANITY friends!! Who is with me??

Options

Replies

• Charlottejogs
    Charlottejogs Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Question to all of you Insanity folks...the program recommends that I take in A LOT more calories than I do; and am willing to for that matter. I do just try to eat when I am actually hungry- I think I am eating about 1400 calories per day and am pretty small. What do you do? Do you feel alright with just eating what it feels like you need rather than an estimate? I am just curious as my goal is to tone up so I am not focused on loosing weight but I thought I would loose a little. ??? Interested in any input- thank you!

if your not focusing on loosing weight then you need to work out how many calories to take in and stick to that amount other wise you will loose and if you havnt got the fat to loose it will start eating your muscle

Thanks- that makes sense to me! I am okay with loosing, I think my BMI is 23-24 so it is fine for me to bring that done a few notches. Good luck to everyone in their Insanity work outs!
  • LilSomethin
    LilSomethin Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I've heard the second month is where the craziness really begins! I'm just starting to feel like I'm getting the hang of it (Just finished week 3), lol :)

Yes, month 2 is where "Insanity" comes from cuz it's INSANE!!! I'm in Month 2 Week 3 :D
  • LilSomethin
    Options
    I'm in week 2 of Insanity and really liking the program. I just hate that I can't do the whole workout without stopping to take a break every 5-7 minutes. Plus I hate that I'm not able to do all of the moves yet.

How do you track your calories burned? I've been using a Timex heart rate monitor that calculates calories burned for you but I feel like the numbers are really high.

I use my Body Media Fit (HRM) and my calorie burns are lower than most. It all depends on the person. I'm in Month 2 and only burning 300 calories an hour where some are burning 500-1000. I'd seriously look into a HRM cuz everyones burns are different.
  • LilSomethin
    Options
    I'm really trying to stay motivated at this point. I'm about to start month 2 tomorrow and I've had no weight loss or measurement changes except for losing a half inch off my waist during week two. I've been doing it with my husband and that's about the only reason I've kept going. :(

I just got a new HRM yesterday in hopes of measuring my calories burned so I can try to make sure I'm getting the right amount of calories. I don't know what else to do, but I'm going to stick with it either way. Here's to hoping for some results!

I didn't lose much either the first month. But have noticed a difference in Month 2. Just keep going and u will be happy with the results in Month 2. The HRM will come in very handy so u can see what your burns are. Make sure u are eating enough. With the intensity of Insanity u want to make sure u are fueling your body enough :)
  • LadyJos
    LadyJos Posts: 29
    Options
    Hi, just joined MFP. What is Insanity??!!
  • markb283
    markb283 Posts: 6
    Options
    Day 38! Going strong :)
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I'm an insanity buff. I've been wanting to really get back into it. Insaniacs...add me! :)
  • bedinky1207
    bedinky1207 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi, just joined MFP. What is Insanity??!!

It is a Beachbody Program. It's max interval training. If you would like some more information on it please send me a message or add me as a friend and I can help you out.
  • CRVDiva
    CRVDiva Posts: 104
    Options
    I am also on Day 3 of Insanity. Feel free to add me as a friend or anyone else here that is doing the Insanity together we can get through these DVDs.
  • Codykianbeau
    Codykianbeau Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just waiting for insanity to be delivered , should be starting Monday , any advice or people about to start this , keep in contact , gonna really go for this
  • Katkatkatkat78
    Options
    Looking for some new friends to help push me to my goal..... I struggle doing it alone..
  • Codykianbeau
    Codykianbeau Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Have you started the challenge yet
  • DancingFox
    DancingFox Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I just finished day three. Slowly dying...but it hurts so good. Looking for a few more Insanity friends on here to go about this crazy journey with!
  • normanch
    normanch Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I am new on here. What is INSANITY ?? I have heard lots about it, but not sure what it is or how to get it .. Info would be greatly appreciated , thanks
  • Charlottejogs
    Charlottejogs Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Has anyone considered repeating the first month if it feels like they have a lot to gain still? I feel like I could significantly improve and will be starting month 2 about the same time as final exam prep in grad school. Do you just follow the program? Thanks!
  • sngnyrslp
    sngnyrslp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I'll be doing day 4 tonight. It's SO tough, and my body hurts everywhere, but that's how I know it's working! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • bmwauug
    bmwauug Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Stick with the program - just try your best - the wash, rinse, dry and repeat. :-)
  • bmwauug
    bmwauug Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I had a dip in the 3rd week - but it starts to kick in.
  • jduart
    jduart Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm on day five of insanity too! Yay! I feel grewat and I hope to keep this same level of motivation and energy through out the sixty days. I would like insanity buddies to push me through this cause there are times when I feel like I can't do it or I'm not doing things right.
  • darkenedfalling
    darkenedfalling Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    add me guys i'm starting on monday :D