Female Weight Training - Roll call!

Options

Replies

• almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I lift 3x a week--currently doing Stage 1 of NROL4W, but checking out Stronglifts 5x5.
  • dedication6
    dedication6 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP.

I'm still in the fat burning process, but can't wait to really get into the weights. I was a rock in high school and into my early 20s, so I know I can do!! Currently doing p90x (day 50). I'm going to need help getting back in the weights again...could I possible remember what I'm doing ;)

I would like to have some friends that are into weight training as well. They'll be more helpful to me then me to them, but I would love to help encourage.
  • katiedid1226
    katiedid1226 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'm a few days into Stage 1 of the NROWL4W, but before that I've incorporated weights into my routine just doing my own thing. I am also on week 6 of C25K, and on Level 1 of 30DS.

I mean business this time! Anyone, feel free to add me as a friend. Peer motivation is what is keeping me strong!
  • BecciJG
    BecciJG Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've recently decided to start concentrating more on weight training than cardio after lots if reading up on it. Be nice to have some friends on here with similar aims, please feel free to add me :)
  • AlexJourneyHall
    AlexJourneyHall Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I strength train 60-90 min 3 days a week
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    look in the groups. there's a bodybuilding group, a weight lifting for women group, and a new rules of lifting for women group. the last 2 inparticular are very popular.
  • lwoods34
    lwoods34 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Raising my hand. I am now working to maintain my weight so of course I am still doing my cardio but I also mostly like to incorporate both cardio and strength training into my workouts. Some days I go heavier with the weights and some days a little lighter. It all depends on the workout.

Feel free to add me!
  • cbear017
    cbear017 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

Friend request sent. I am on stage 7 of the New Rules of Lifting and have one week left. I will be moving on to either Ripptoe's Starting Strength or Lindsay Kaye's 12-week program off Bodybuilding.com.

I love weight training and it is my primary form of exercise.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    New to MFP - looking for other females who primarily weight train.

Would love to keep in touch to share progress, help keep each other motivated, and bounce ideas off each other. I'm planning to compete in figure next year so a lot of my training is in anticipation of that.

Friend me! :)

Your pics were great! Welcome and way to rock it ;)
  • AnarchoGen
    AnarchoGen Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I lift 6x a week, cardio 4x - would like to go pro eventually. Would like more friends who lift, as I'm a newbie at this - with only 2 months under my belt. NROL4W - yeah yeah yeah... I'll get to it eventually - right now, I can only afford the FREE stuff.
  • Zabbie13
    Zabbie13 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Would you be my inspiration to start lifting something?
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Hello people, I'm a beginner, just finished the first month of Chalean Extreme, am going to finish this programme (adding in the 100 push ups challenge from today) and then start a Stronglifts / C25K mixed schedule.

I'd love more weight lifting women on my friends list.
  • HickChick55
    Options
    New...and here!!!
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Lifting 3 to 4 days a week along with just starting a new crossfit routine

Feel free to add and Congrats you look amazing
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    After losing nearly 100 lbs, I started serious weight training this last October for the first time in my life with NROLFW. I missed a few weeks near the beginning of the program, so now I'm on Stage 6. In that amount of time, I have worked my way up to:

lat pulldown - 150 lbs.
    split squat - 145 lbs.
    dumbbell work - 35 and 40 lbs dumbbells for most work.
    No pullups yet, but I am just now starting to do negative chinups in this stage.

Anyone that would knock this program can kiss my f*cking tight *kitten*! :laugh:

Anyway, after finishing this program in the next several weeks, I plan to move to some Crossfit WODs to train for the Tough Mudder.
  • suitcasegatito
    suitcasegatito Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Bump! Used to lift competitively in college. I'm all soft now, but starting back up again.
  • Buffmami
    Buffmami Posts: 1
    Options
    I am doing high reps, at this time, adding some Kettlebell here and there to keep things interesting. I am already muscular, but enjoy lifting more than doing cardio. I a trying to lean out.
  • kikih64
    kikih64 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly new too. Read NROLFW and am trying to ditch the 45 min. treadmill runs in favor of HIITs. It is so scary to give up the cardio, but I'm within 5 pounds of my goal, so it's worth a try. I joined a gym and have started strength training...I've only gone 8 times so far, but I can see some abs and biceps! So far, mostly body weight moves - I moved up from 8 to 10 pounds for the ones that I use weights for. I know, but you gotta start somewhere! I meet with the trainer next week for my redesign. I've seen people mention NR - that was the first one I saw on here - and also Starting Strength and Stronglifts...I've looked at Jamie Eason's LiveFit.....so much information it's overwhelming. Would love advice and friends too!
  • Razkler14
    Razkler14 Posts: 74
    Options
    I am new here as of 2 days ago! I am a crossfitter! So I lift during every workout, varied between heavy and light. I love to lift heavy! My goal is to lean out for summer and I'm training for a 11 mile obstacel course in September that I want to comfortably do with my shirt off! (sports bra of course lol). I am using the next 5 months as an experiment to see what I can get my body to do!