Female Weight Training - Roll call!

Options
1235»

Replies

• Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Another NRL4W-er here, in stage 2. I'm a cardio hater, so there's no chance of me sabotaging my progress with too much of that...! A brief HIIT here and there will do me thanks. Looking forward to lifting heavier as I go. If i make it thru NR, I will probably move on to Starting strength or Strong lifts 5x5, or maybe make something up.

I work out at home, and try to eat lots of protein (but not meat).

To those of you that have said you'll start lifting once you've lost some weight- why wait? Do it now, it works.

Anyone's welcome to add me.
  • brencamille
    brencamille Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Me too! I'm doing Jamie Eason's livefit trainer, lifting 6 days a week for now.
  • beeka2ked
    beeka2ked Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Im planning to start back lifting. Had stopped to focus on cardio. But now I know its time to hit it again. I would love the support from anyone here and I will support you as well. Feel free to add me. :flowerforyou:
  • MsDreaB
    MsDreaB Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!!
    I just started about a month ago the Live Fit free trainer by Jamie Eason. I love weight training..My arms and back are showing the most improvement. Free free to add me and I def need to talk to more ladies who do weight lifting b/c none of my friends do it.
  • VinaAnderson
    Options
    Strength training all the way for me! I'm not a cardio girl so when I wanted to get in shape I started strength training with a trainer and never stopped. I'm 40 and fit and loving it! I sent you a friend request. Please accept :)
  • schmorla
    schmorla Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Just started NROLFW.

Cardio bores me so much so I'm loving this program so far :)
  • shamah84
    shamah84 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I really want to start weight training... I've been doing the weight training ones by P90X to start out but with the band. I have seen some muscle growth and I love the one legs & back since my legs have definitely started to look better. I want to quit doing cardio in between except maybe for fun like walking while my kids ride bikes or zumba every so often so I will be going shopping for dumbbells to use during the P90X weight lifting workouts. I wanted to know aside from that what else can I do as far as workouts go? Is there a link I can go on maybe? If you think you can offer some advise please add me. I'm currently reading NROLW but I am in just the beginning since I work and have class.. Not much free time to read. I am anxious to get started :D
  • Rickisgirl
    Rickisgirl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love weight training! But those of you who do it every day -- doesn't your body get tired? Or is it just because I'm old!?!
  • suzely0530
    suzely0530 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I love weight training! But those of you who do it every day -- doesn't your body get tired? Or is it just because I'm old!?!

LOL...funny you should post that, because I'm exhausted today after weight training last night (I increased weight). I weight train 3 times per week (with cardio) then cardio only 2 days per week. How often do you work out ? I'm 40.....how old are you ?