Guide: Properly lose BODY FAT % (For Women)!

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    SO tempted to start doing this. Ive worked out through fat2fit radio that my tdee is 2294 (i go to the gym 4 times a week but have a sit down job.. i work in a call centre) and 20% cut of this is 1835.

IS this right? I can eat this? But then not eat back my exercise calories?

Atm i am on 1lb loss per week at 1410. and eat back my exercise cals. Half the time i am actually eating 1800 cals by the end of the day. So really its the same sort of thing :@ x

So using fat2fit method read the paragraph above the chart - that is goal weight TDEE and NOT current weight, and you do NOT cut 20% off. It already is lower than TDEE. Any further cut and you are back an unwise level for losing bodyfat probably.

So you eat 2300 every day, and exercise is already included in there, no eat back.

And the intent here you can confirm, if you took 2300 minus normal exercise calorie burn, you should end up netting slightly above current BMR that fat2fit told you.

Compared to current method, is the 1410 actually below current BMR by about 200? Actually could see 1 lb loss goal keeping you safe, and if eating back your exercise, you are obtaining this effect already at least.
    Good for you making wise goal.

This suggestion is for all those eating below their BMR by 200-400, and not eating back exercise calories, double-bad-whammy.

Yes my BMR is just over 1500.

So what im doing atm is good then? and no need for change?

I usually burn about 400cals a time at the gym 4 times a week and then eat the majority of them back. So i eat about 1800-1900 cals on workout days and normal 1410cals on non-exercise days. Unless im saving exercise cals for the day after when i dont work out if i have something planned.. ie. night out meal out.

Am i a-okay?
    1850 a day would be what i would recommend. Heybales sums up to why its important to eat enough. Keep in mind its just important to eat enough so your body can repair itself. So dont decrease tue intake on non workout days. Its possible short term to lose less but long term you will burn more as you will have greater lean muscle mass which burns more.
  • Cupcake596
    Options
    Thanks guys :)
  • EmeriaDewes
    Options
    Bump, thanks