Guide: Properly lose BODY FAT % (For Women)!

Options

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I am probably gonna get flamed for saying this.

How in the world are you gonna consume 2600 calories daily and eat right???? I see people saying they drink and eat bad and still have calories left. I dont think its a point of how many calories you consumes its WHAT YOU CONSUME.

I am eating mainly fresh fruits/veggies lean meats and I try to stay at 150 carbs. There is no way i can consume 20% less than me TDEE and eat healthy.

Im with the female posters, eat when your hungry but eat natural stuff. Exercise regularly but dont kill yourself. If you eat bad portion it small, if I eat out I eat 1/2 to 1/3 of the meal.

I am eating around my BMR before exercising and I have lost 12 lbs in 6 weeks. I am doing some form of movement/exercise daily and im not going hard core on it.

I think you have to personally experiment with calories/protein/carbs/fats/exercise till you find the right mix for you.

Never use a forum post for advice, if you really are worried i would seek out a professional.

Off my soap box now.

Its actually pretty easy to eat 2600 calories per day and eat very clean. I know because i do it. You just have to eat higher calories foods. For example, i have a muscle milk protein shake every day. Its 300 calories. I eat a handful of nuts most days. I generally est 6-8 oz of a meat. You can cook your meats in olive oil and add avocado. Its called smart eating. Also, i still have two servings of fruit and 3-4 servings of veggies. At some point it because easy as you stop surpressing the amount your stomach can expand. Bte, my friend eats 5000-6000 clean calories a day. Its a lot of chicken and eggs, lol
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    My BMR is: 1751
    my TDEE is: 3133

what's a good place for me to be at?
    I'm very active. I exercise every day. 45 to 60 minutes cardio.
    15-30 minutes strength training 5 days a week.
    My job is very physically demanding (cabinet/furniture finishing & house renovations)
    I am eating 6 times per day....adding in a whey/casein protein shake 3 times a day
    I am at around 1700 calories a day.
    What would your suggestions be for me?
    Add me if you want. I'd love to talk more to you about this.

You're already pretty close to your BMR right night, but how do you feel about our daily activity and recovery? It's up to you to figure out if you should go a bit above your BMR (1800 range) and still be able to lose weight without losing too much strength when doing strength training. I personally think you should because your job is really physically demanding and you lift 5 days a week.

Seriously bro, eating are your bmr while burning that much daily is horrible advice. She burns as much as me in a day. She will lose muscle mass by eating that little. She needs to be eating 2400-2600 calories a day.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I am probably gonna get flamed for saying this.

How in the world are you gonna consume 2600 calories daily and eat right???? I see people saying they drink and eat bad and still have calories left. I dont think its a point of how many calories you consumes its WHAT YOU CONSUME.

I am eating mainly fresh fruits/veggies lean meats and I try to stay at 150 carbs. There is no way i can consume 20% less than me TDEE and eat healthy.

Im with the female posters, eat when your hungry but eat natural stuff. Exercise regularly but dont kill yourself. If you eat bad portion it small, if I eat out I eat 1/2 to 1/3 of the meal.

I am eating around my BMR before exercising and I have lost 12 lbs in 6 weeks. I am doing some form of movement/exercise daily and im not going hard core on it.

I think you have to personally experiment with calories/protein/carbs/fats/exercise till you find the right mix for you.

Never use a forum post for advice, if you really are worried i would seek out a professional.

Off my soap box now.

Its actually pretty easy to eat 2600 calories per day and eat very clean. I know because i do it. You just have to eat higher calories foods. For example, i have a muscle milk protein shake every day. Its 300 calories. I eat a handful of nuts most days. I generally est 6-8 oz of a meat. You can cook your meats in olive oil and add avocado. Its called smart eating. Also, i still have two servings of fruit and 3-4 servings of veggies. At some point it because easy as you stop surpressing the amount your stomach can expand. Bte, my friend eats 5000-6000 clean calories a day. Its a lot of chicken and eggs, lol

This. Healthy does not mean low calorie, and low calorie does not mean healthy. It's very easy to eat 2000-3000 healthy calories in a day.
  • katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for posting this information! :flowerforyou:
  • LadyWingsFan
    Options
    http://www.health-calc.com/diet/energy-expenditure-advanced

Go to this website and you can calculate both numbers for yourself. :)
  • AutumnBreeze07
    AutumnBreeze07 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Bumping!
  • prettythinlove
    prettythinlove Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Bump- shall read this tomorrow when I can actually keep my eyes open for longer then a minute :-)
  • NatashaK29
    NatashaK29 Posts: 137
    Options
    Bump for later
  • SandersWifey
    Options
    Thanks for the info!
  • Lukazetta
    Lukazetta Posts: 427 Member
    Options

Seriously bro, eating are your bmr while burning that much daily is horrible advice. She burns as much as me in a day. She will lose muscle mass by eating that little. She needs to be eating 2400-2600 calories a day.

She already takes 1700 calories a day, I asked her if she was fine with that (which seems very low to me for what she posted) but your BMR and TDEE are both estimates based on a webpage; everyone has different metabolism rates...

1) Your age. Your metabolism may slow down about 5% per decade after age 40 if you are sedentary.
    2) Gender. Men generally burn more calories at rest than women.
    3) Your proportion of lean muscle mass to fat mass. The more lean muscle mass you have, the higher your metabolic rate will be.
    4) Heredity also plays a part in your body’s rate of metabolism.
    5) Thyroid problems may also cause your metabolism to slow down.
    http://www.thefitnesspersonals.com/blog/?p=167

I made a suggestion that she needs to up her calorie intake, HOW IS THAT BAD ADVICE? I told her it was ultimately her to decide and that her intake seemed very low to me at the moment.

Almost everything in fitness has to do with research because YOU have to decide what's good and bad for you, keep an open mind because what may work for me won't always work for you. RESEARCH RESEARCH and RESEARCH, it's not up to me to decide how many calories you need to take in and vice-versa,
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options

She already takes 1700 calories a day, I asked her if she was fine with that (which seems very low to me for what she posted) but your BMR and TDEE are both estimates based on a webpage; everyone has different metabolism rates...

1) Your age. Your metabolism may slow down about 5% per decade after age 40 if you are sedentary.
    3) Your proportion of lean muscle mass to fat mass. The more lean muscle mass you have, the higher your metabolic rate will be.

I made a suggestion that she needs to up her calorie intake, how is that bad advice? I told her it was ultimately her to decide and that her intake seemed very low to me at the moment.

So far 99% of the people in the Fuel the Machine group are losing body fat while staying the same weight.
    Some are on diets to gain lean mass while losing fat.

Most are eating 1800-2200 daily.

It looks a lot like this......
    om-nom-nom-nom.gif
  • Lukazetta
    Options

I made a suggestion that she needs to up her calorie intake, how is that bad advice? I told her it was ultimately her to decide and that her intake seemed very low to me at the moment.

So far 99% of the people in the Fuel the Machine group are losing body fat while staying the same weight.
    Some are on diets to gain lean mass while losing fat.

Most are eating 1800-2200 daily.

It looks a lot like this......
    om-nom-nom-nom.gif

It's very hard to lose body fat without losing strength/muscle mass.

Depends on how much strength you're losing, you have to figure it out yourself how many calories you should consume daily.
    It really isn't rocket science.

I'm will go ahead and repeat myself:
    Almost everything in fitness has to do with research because YOU have to decide what's good and bad for you, keep an open mind because what may work for me won't always work for you. RESEARCH RESEARCH and RESEARCH, it's not up to me to decide how many calories you need to take in and vice-versa,

Now go back to eating your pop tarts.

Haters_Gonna_Hate.jpg
  • kristarablue
    Options
    bump
  • mamapuddin17
    mamapuddin17 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    bump
  • giddyred
    giddyred Posts: 23
    Options
    Bump
  • jesusismyrock7
    jesusismyrock7 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options

Depends on how much strength you're losing, you have to figure it out yourself how many calories you should consume daily.

Haters_Gonna_Hate.jpg

LOL I was agreeing with you to an extent.

The Broscience part of your original post can take a leap but the Pop Tarts comment is pretty ignorant.

I was agreeing with you on upping calories if you read my post correctly.
    =D

See this thread if you want to judge me.... http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/518533-major-sucess-with-higher-calories

Pop tarts...
  • Lukazetta
    Options

Haters_Gonna_Hate.jpg

LOL I was agreeing with you to an extent.

The Broscience part of your original post can take a leap but the Pop Tarts comment is pretty ignorant.

I was agreeing with you on upping calories if you read my post correctly.
    =D

See this thread if you want to judge me.... http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/518533-major-sucess-with-higher-calories

Pop tarts...

I knew you were agreeing with me, it's just the fact that you try to bash everyone instead of actually giving any sort of advice or RELEVANT information .

That's why you I believe you fit the description of a hater and why I believe the comment (yes, pop tarts) suits you right.
  • dls0516
    dls0516 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    bump to read later
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Helloitsdan is anything but a hater ! .....sheesh