Guide: Properly lose BODY FAT % (For Women)!

Options

Replies

• pumpkin_mel
    Options
    bump
  • debwaid
    debwaid Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Temple_Fit
    Temple_Fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Great post! I just recently started eating back my calories and added more protein to my diet and I can really tell a difference in my body.
  • rugbygirlca
    Options
    bump
  • kvissy
    kvissy Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Is this a good site to check the calculations?

http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators
  • dschavers
    dschavers Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Kelekat
    Kelekat Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I've recently hit a wall in my weight loss (funny how that continues to happen). I hit one during the first five pounds, so I upped my calories from MFP's recommendation of 1200 to 1410 and started lifting heavy and promptly lost four pounds. But my initial four pound weight loss after I upped my calories turned out to be a net of two since the other two can't decide whether to come back or go away for good. So I re-figured my TDEE this morning (1971) and my BMR (1433). I figured a little low on the activity part of my TDEE since I have a relatively sedentary job although I get exercise every day. I've come to the conclusion that at 1410 calorie allowance per day, I must be short-changing my BMR and that is why my body is holding fast to fat. So, today I upped my calories to 1625--which shortchanges my TDEE by 346 calories a day. But I don't know if I should continue to eat back my exercise calories while continuing to lift heavy three days a week along with getting at least 20-30 minutes of good cardio on non-lifting days (15-20 minutes on lifting days) through the week and several hours of cardio each weekend in the form of hill and mountain hiking.

I can't do the low-carb/no carb thing. The last time I tried, I nearly passed out over my keyboard at work. But I am trying to get more protein every day.

I'm going to see how it goes. One way or another, I've got to figure this out. Weight loss has never before in my life been such a science project! I just ate less and exercised more. Super simple. Amazing how when you get older, that just doesn't do the trick any more.
  • sniperzzzz
    sniperzzzz Posts: 282 Member
    Options
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    BUMP:drinker:
  • lmd172
    lmd172 Posts: 172
    Options
    smh...
  • Lost_Mermaid
    Options
    I'm trying to figure all of this out because I have not been successful at all with 1200 calorie diets, just miserable with no energy to excercise, and I really want to exercise. I'm a stay at home mom of two toddlers, so at first I was thinking I would be 'sedentary', but that's comparable to a desk job and I definetely don't sit all day...so I was wondering if I might be more along the lines of lightly active? There's a difference of 256 between my tdee as sedentary or lightly active. any thoughts or suggestions?
  • mountaingirl222
    Options
    bump
  • sniperzzzz
    sniperzzzz Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to figure all of this out because I have not been successful at all with 1200 calorie diets, just miserable with no energy to excercise, and I really want to exercise. I'm a stay at home mom of two toddlers, so at first I was thinking I would be 'sedentary', but that's comparable to a desk job and I definetely don't sit all day...so I was wondering if I might be more along the lines of lightly active? There's a difference of 256 between my tdee as sedentary or lightly active. any thoughts or suggestions?

lightly active maybe active if your on your feet most of the day seeing to your children.
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    You are making this WAY too complicated for every. Here is the simplest way to cut body fat"

1. Figure out BMR
    2. Figure out TDEE (include exercise into your TDEE, so you don't need to eat back exercise calories)
    3. Cut 20% from your TDEE

Here is the results:

"I just wanted to thank you for your help. You helped me a few months back and I just wanted to give you an update on my progress. 12 weeks ago I started at 154 and 28% bf. I got my bf remeasured last Friday and it was 24%. But I only lost 1 pound. It is crazy to me but I have learned to ignore the scale. You were right that keeping consistent and not giving up my body would finally adjust.

Thanks again for your help!

Stephanie"

Hi psulemon...

Okay, so I'm trying to ignore the scale and rely on measurements, but I still want to understand. Here is the way I'm interpreting what I've read so far.

My BMR is 1,740. According to this site: http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html my TDEE, NOT including exercise, is 2114, but it's 2730 including moderate exercise (I'm currently doing 30-60 min of various types of exercise 5 days a week). Calculating a deficit at 20% of 2114 is 422.8, and 20% of 2730 is 546. If I quit logging exercise and use the higher TDEE, these numbers suggest I should eat 2184 calories a day (2730 - 546 = 2184).

My current MFP allowance is 1,680 calories/day and I am supposed to log and eat back my exercise calories. However, the most I've ever logged in a day is 2186 and most of the time I'm under 1700 (including eating back all the exercise cals I can manage to eat).

Background: I plateaued for a few weeks and finally, last week, broke through with a .9 lb loss. However, I am steadily losing inches. I've dropped 1 pants size and 1.5 bra band sizes. I have been interpreting this to mean I am losing body fat.

What's your recommendation? Thanks in advance!
  • prettygirlhoward
    prettygirlhoward Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Kattarra
    Kattarra Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • shelleytobefit
    shelleytobefit Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    bump:smile:
  • biged335
    biged335 Posts: 734
    Options
    Bump
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    BUMP thank you so much for sharing this!!!
  • sma83
    sma83 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    bump