Guide: Properly lose BODY FAT % (For Women)!

Options

Replies

• TLC1975
    TLC1975 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I don't see where to calculate TDEE on this site. I only see the BMR and BMI.

try here:

http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html
  • TLC1975
    TLC1975 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I don't see where to calculate TDEE on this site. I only see the BMR and BMI.

or here:
    http://free-workout-routines.net/tdee.html
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    hmm, bump.
  • cindyluu17
    Options
    So I just wonder should I be netting between BMR and TDEE or is it food intake total before exercise.

Thanks for post! :)
  • MayberryMama
    Options
    I really appreciate this post - thank you very much! And nobody can tell me carbs don't matter when you're talking about fat loss, I have seen it myself and also with others. It's all about that balancing act! Have a great weekend everyeone!
  • xYumzx
    xYumzx Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Feel really dumb because im so lost on this post
  • Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I don't know how I feel about this but I'm going to go ahead and bump it.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I really appreciate this post - thank you very much! And nobody can tell me carbs don't matter when you're talking about fat loss, I have seen it myself and also with others. It's all about that balancing act! Have a great weekend everyeone!

Hold protein and cals constant and it really doesn't matter if you eat high or low carb for fat loss or weight loss
  • ClascyParra
    Options
    bump
  • iamladibeast
    iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    bump
  • RikanSoulja
    RikanSoulja Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cdparrish
    cdparrish Posts: 30
    Options
    bump
  • Lifting_chick
    Lifting_chick Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Brandie6004
    Brandie6004 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • josol1971
    josol1971 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Bump for later.
  • wren176
    wren176 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Bump for later!!!! Thanks for the interesting and helpful info!
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Ok, break it down for my brain to understand.
    Currently, MFP has me set up to lose one pound a week at a base of 1560 cals a day. (sed. job, I use a HRM and add cals when I work out) I suppose I keep at that rate of a pound a week, I don't weigh in every week.
    My BMR is 1646.
    My TDEE with moderate (3-5 days of excercise) is estimated 2586.

I'm 5'8, 190 pounds, and 27 years old. I have a large amount of body fat to lose while also building muscle.

Now I'm lost as to what you're suggesting. Am I to be consuming between 1646 and 2586?
  • nutandbutter
    Options
    Currently, MFP has me set up to lose one pound a week at a base of 1560 cals a day. (sed. job, I use a HRM and add cals when I work out) I suppose I keep at that rate of a pound a week, I don't weigh in every week.
    My BMR is 1646.

I'm 5'8, 190 pounds, and 27 years old. I have a large amount of body fat to lose while also building muscle.

Now I'm lost as to what you're suggesting. Am I to be consuming between 1646 and 2586?

If you take 500 from your TDEE (2580) you should lose 1 lb a week (3500 calorie deficit). You do not eat back your exercise calories because they are taken into account with TDEE.

Edited for a very important missing "not"
  • Lukazetta
    Lukazetta Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    My BMR is 1646.

Your calories should be (IMO) around your BMR (1646) as you're trying to lose weight but you can't overdo it by going too much under because you will lose some muscle mass you already have. So that's the basics of it but you really need to find that sweet spot where you're still losing weight but not losing strength/recovery at the gym - because your BMR is an estimation everyone has a different metabolism.
  • minit54
    minit54 Posts: 27
    Options
    bump!