REAL MFP women, weight training Befores and Afters

Options

Replies

• meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Weird, some people look better in their BEFORE pictures.

You understand that this is just RUDE, right? I mean, I hope your body is just perfect in every way that you feel it's acceptable for you to squat on other people's amazing achievements.

Of all the jerky things I've read on this board, yours is right up there, 'lady'.
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options

You understand that this is just RUDE, right? I mean, I hope your body is just perfect in every way that you feel it's acceptable for you to squat on other people's amazing achievements.

Of all the jerky things I've read on this board, yours is right up there, 'lady'.

you might be overreacting a tad
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

I don't think so. What she said was just rude and unnecessary. These women have worked hard for their acheivements, and while I'm the first person to tell others to grow a thicker skin, that comment served no purpose whatsoever.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options

You think? I guess it would be ok to comment that you look better fat than healthy then, would it? Cool. While I'm at it, I'll offer you some commentary on unibrows... ?

Wasn't it you who, just the other day, thought that a woman who was being slapped in the face by her partner was 'overreacting a tad' too, in describing it as abuse? Cause to be honest, I'm not sure I think much of your sense of personal judgement.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    A very long-term before and after...

Me at 18-ish dressed as Axl Rose for Halloween. My mom drew my tattoos on my right arm and I drew the ones on my left with Crayola markers (which work FABULOUS, by the way) and I was wearing a wig because my own black, permed hair looked more like Slash's.

axl.jpg

Me about 22 years later.

IMG_4424-1.jpg

Every once in a while, I get self-conscious that my arms are kinda biggish for a woman (12" bicep). Then I look at the little Ramen Noodles my arms used to be, and I love my guns. :happy:

(Tee hee... didn't realize the pun. Then I was Guns N Roses. Now I just have guns!)
  • lkt1970
    lkt1970 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Cmonnowguys
    Cmonnowguys Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    The ladies here on MFP were the reason I started lifting a little over a month ago.
    Here are a couple of my "during" pics. All of March I did a combo of running, Zumba and calisthenics using 7lb weights. My weight was 168.4 with close to 34% body fat. In a month I lost 6 lbs, but my body fat was still at 33%. I decided to cut back on cardio (elliptical or light running twice a week) and started the Stronglifts 5x5 power lifting program. Since then I have only lost another 3 lbs, but my body fat is now at 28%. Not to mention, I am much stronger. Here are my current stats:
    Squats - 115 lb
    Bench - 85 lb
    Pendlay rows - 90 lb
    Overhead press - 70 lb
    Dead lift - 145 lb

I still have a long way to go, but hopefully my progress so far will also motivate someone to pic up some weights! :)

inze36.jpg
  • shell3986
    shell3986 Posts: 98
    Options
    Bumping...love this!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    The ladies here on MFP were the reason I started lifting a little over a month ago.
    Here are a couple of my "during" pics. All of March I did a combo of running, Zumba and calisthenics using 7lb weights. My weight was 168.4 with close to 34% body fat. In a month I lost 6 lbs, but my body fat was still at 33%. I decided to cut back on cardio (elliptical or light running twice a week) and started the Stronglifts 5x5 power lifting program. Since then I have only lost another 3 lbs, but my body fat is now at 28%. Not to mention, I am much stronger. Here are my current stats:
    Squats - 115 lb
    Bench - 85 lb
    Pendlay rows - 90 lb
    Overhead press - 70 lb
    Dead lift - 145 lb

I still have a long way to go, but hopefully my progress so far will also motivate someone to pic up some weights! :)

inze36.jpg

TWO MONTHS ladies. This is the kind of results you can expect.

Awesome work!
  • workshy000
    workshy000 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who posts their pics - great to see!
  • poohbear1971
    Options
    Bumping!!! I am getting ready to start a weightlifting regimen. Getting ready to take my before pictures.
  • i_miss_donuts
    i_miss_donuts Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Bump. So inspirational ladies!
  • teenasbody
    teenasbody Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Bumping

You ladies look AMAZING!

CHEERS!

I love this tread I hope I get these results I am doing Insanity and lifting :-)
  • eig6
    eig6 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Wow, you all look great!
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    great work ladies!!
  • ASMartin3
    ASMartin3 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Bump