anybody else constantly consumed in MFP!?!

Options

Replies

• Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    yep
    I ditched facebook (checkin for 5 sec a day, once a day)
    but I'm checkin mfp like every 30 minutes when I'm at work
    and on my smartphone when I'm going from work to home by metro
    and at home

Houston, we have a problem :D
  • Siannah
    Siannah Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I deleted my MFP account last year because I found myself being too obsessed. And I guess the fact that I'm back under a new account proves that I really AM too obsessed.

Seriously though, sometimes I do think I'm nearly unhealthily (is that a word) obsessed with this. Always thinking about food, calories, exercise.... it's not normal right?! I've lost the weight, I'm at a good weight now (less would be nice but not a necessity anymore), so why am I still so obsessed with this, wish I could let go more and just eat/exercise normally without thinking it over so much.
  • StarIsMoving
    Options
    I call it my "Fitness Facebook"

OOOoooOOOOO... I LIKE it! I am on this SOOO much more than Facebook. How can you NOT be addcited? :)
  • mrscampbell318
    Options
    Yessss!
  • jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    ...............There is a whole sub-culture of us that should really be in treatment.

^^^^^^this. Love it.
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    i love it too :)
  • jenniferg83
    jenniferg83 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    me me me. i'm sad you can't browse forums on phones lol.
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Yes! It's embarrassing how much time I spend on here.
    Barely even look at facebook anymore.
  • chub_b_gone
    chub_b_gone Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    there should be meetings for MFP like they have for AA
  • jenniferg83
    jenniferg83 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I am. Not only because it keeps me motivated, but because everyone on here cares more about me doing a workout than people on facebook. People probably go blah blah blah but on here they encourage me! I love this site. Yes, it's my social site as well!! And tons of people in similar situations!!
  • nwoolley
    nwoolley Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Love love love it! I am a relative newcomer... I should probably get more friends who like to write because I only have a few. And the ones who I interact with are so supportive and help keep me going!
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM and MFP is up and running on my laptop whenever I'm home. I check in every few minutes and log meals and exercise as I go...and read the message boards... and check in on my friends.....does that mean I'm addicted ?? ;)
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Yup, same here!

I rarely go on FB except to wish someone a happy birthday and am on this site to log my food and exercise ... and then I get caught up in blogs and diaries and friends ... so, all of that does consume time!

275 days ... 40 weeks ... 9 mos. ... 29 pounds lost ... as of my first day here on June 23, and counting.
  • laurarpa
    laurarpa Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    guilty. But I can't think of a better-for-you internet addiction :)
  • TerrJohns
    TerrJohns Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Yes. A constant observer of MFP and the posts.
  • lorigreg
    lorigreg Posts: 61
    Options
    Funny I was just thinking before I found your post that if I could just stay on MFP all day long, I would lose the weight because it is such great motivation for not eating.:flowerforyou:
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    MFP has definitely taken the place of FB for me. I get great ideas and support from this site. Love it!!
  • MarincicS
    MarincicS Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Yes - totally obsessed. I've been sitting here for an hour about to go for a walk but scrolling through more and more community pages. But i'm getting up and going for that walk right now. Really. Right now.

:laugh: Are you still here or have you really gone for that walk lol???

Finally! I did the walk! And about twice as far as i intended. And note, the minute i'm back from my walk, i'm back on MFP!
  • fergie2812
    fergie2812 Posts: 162
    Options
    I had no PC yesterday and felt liked lost an arm!
    was checking on phone but nowhere near the same!
    SO glad to be back today!
  • BeeSunny
    BeeSunny Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Totally hooked!!!!

I love seeing everyones success pictures, seeing I am not alone with certain issues, get/give support to others!!!!
    Much better than facebook, wish there were like/love/you are awesome buttons though!! :bigsmile: