Woggers Team - JOIN US!!!!!!!!

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• abuelita60
    abuelita60 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody, I just caught up with reading all the posts since Saturday. Sounds like there's a little frustation going around. I don't have any good advice to give but just be glad and thankful that we have this group to vent to. It makes me feel better reading that I'm not the only one fustrated.

Well I didn't wogg this morning. I couldn't find my keys. I probably could have wogged around the neighborhood but my ankles hurt alot when I walk around the neighborhood. I don't know why. Maybe its the sidewalk, uneveness, I don't know. I might not have wogged but I still managed to get a good workout by scrubbing the kitchen and family room's ceramic tiles. My knees hurt now. I hope they don't bother me tomorrow when I go back out to the sports park to wogg.
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    Hey everybody, I just caught up with reading all the posts since Saturday. Sounds like there's a little frustation going around. I don't have any good advice to give but just be glad and thankful that we have this group to vent to. It makes me feel better reading that I'm not the only one fustrated.

Well I didn't wogg this morning. I couldn't find my keys. I probably could have wogged around the neighborhood but my ankles hurt alot when I walk around the neighborhood. I don't know why. Maybe its the sidewalk, uneveness, I don't know. I might not have wogged but I still managed to get a good workout by scrubbing the kitchen and family room's ceramic tiles. My knees hurt now. I hope they don't bother me tomorrow when I go back out to the sports park to wogg.

the uneven sidewalk at my park is the reason I finally got a treadmil. In Feb, I wogged for a few weekd and then had to go to the Dr. my knee hurt so bad. I found that since I started withthe treadmil, my joints don't hurt. Know it's my inner thighs, abductors and quads. I'm going to try to some exercises to strengthen them. It's hard without a gym to use the machines. but I'll figure out something.
    I tink we are all feeling the mid summer blues and stress of the" lifestyle" I'm hoping we all feel more motivated and upbeat soon.
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    Hello, Woggers.

I feel a lot better than I did last week. I have not wogged yet, but I'm planning on going to the gym today. Week 4, Day 3. And if I don't, please yell at me.:wink: I have noticed than when other people know I forget instead of just me, I feel more motivated.:tongue:

Saving up to buy an at-home treadmill.

Finished Chapter 1 of "Fast Food Nation". I would definately recommend this book.:bigsmile:

And how are all of you doing????????????:happy:
  • happy_heather121
    happy_heather121 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I wogged this morning with my mother. It was really drizzly out but I knew if I didn't do it this morning, i wouldn't all day.

I have decided to stay away from the scale this week because getting this frustrated over not losing isn't doing me any good :)
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I was not good this past week. I cheated yesterday and the day before and a couple of times before that. Ate chocolate, icecream, fatty foods all bc I was upset. I need to some how learn not to do that, but I talk myself into eating bad stuff when I'm upset bc it's comfort to me.

Any advice?
  • kimss
    Options
    Hi Jenna,
    I know it's easy to eat emotionally. can you try to get like, light versions of the sweets you like? skinny cow makes great ice cream. With chocolate, try 1 square or a few M&M's and walk away or put it in the freezer. But the fatty foods, are we taking fast food? for that, your will power has to come into play. I wish I had some magical advice.....I fight this everyday, and sometimes I win and sometimes I lose. I got on the scale this moring with the same disappointing results that I deal with every week, up 2lbs. REALLY????REALLY???? how can that be???? I ate excatly 1200cals yesterday, and walked and I was only bad the one day, 2 days ago, how can it still be hanging on?
    I get really frustrated too. I am hoping that we can pull together and not giveup. keep checking out all the other threads for some new advice, that is what I've been doing. If I find anything , I'll let you know.
    I hope your day gets better.
    Kim
  • abuelita60
    Options
    Its 1000 and I didn't wogg again. So don't feel bad Rach, I'm right there with you. I'd forgotten that I had to take the new puppy to the vet for her first shots. Now I'm getting ready to go take mom shopping (she never learned to drive). By the time I get done with that, its going to be way too hot. Maybe I'll get a chance in the afternoon. Who am I kidding????? If I don't do my wogging in the a.m......later on, I just don't have the energy or the will to bring myself outside of the house......its muggy. I'm going to follow Rach lead........start saving for a treadmill :laugh:
  • kimss
    Options
    Hello, Woggers.

I feel a lot better than I did last week. I have not wogged yet, but I'm planning on going to the gym today. Week 4, Day 3. And if I don't, please yell at me.:wink: I have noticed than when other people know I forget instead of just me, I feel more motivated.:tongue:

Saving up to buy an at-home treadmill.

Finished Chapter 1 of "Fast Food Nation". I would definately recommend this book.:bigsmile:

And how are all of you doing????????????:happy:

Rach, Did you get your wogging done? I'm here to NAG you into your workout!!!!!!! I am a mother, so don't think for 1 minute that you can get away with not wogging today.
    I will be here to remind you that you forgot and that
    I only want whats best for you, and
    Don't make me tell you again, and
    You better wog today, do you think I talk just because I like to hear the sound of my voice?
    NO, Now Don't make me tell you again young lady :laugh: :laugh:

I hope that helps, have a great day....
    and Jenna that little NAGGING Rant can be for you too honey, if you need it.....

Kim
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    Hey Kim,
    I only eat emotionally every once in awhile...but I always feel horrible after I do it. I buy skinny cow and healthy foods for home...but if I'm not having a good day at home, I tend to take a drive (just to get out of the house) and I end up at some kind of grocery store or gas station with a friend and buy candy or icecream and then eat it in my car while talking LOL how sad. Oh man. That's kind of ridiculous lol Fortunately, I completely avoid fast food places no matter what.

I know, I feel your pain lol I'm having the same problems with the scale and it's funny that we're at the same weight dealing with it at the same time. I heard Banks talking about a situation like ours and he said if you have a good day or even a bad day it won't have an affect on you until the week after or the week after that. You won't see results the next day. I got a little confused by this, but he seems to know what he's talking about lol. What was your cal/exercise looking like last week?

I def don't want to give up, that's for sure! I'll def look around on the other threads too. I'll share whatever I find with you as well.
  • kimss
    Options
    Hey Kim,
    I only eat emotionally every once in awhile...but I always feel horrible after I do it. I buy skinny cow and healthy foods for home...but if I'm not having a good day at home, I tend to take a drive (just to get out of the house) and I end up at some kind of grocery store or gas station with a friend and buy candy or icecream and then eat it in my car while talking LOL how sad. Oh man. That's kind of ridiculous lol Fortunately, I completely avoid fast food places no matter what.

I know, I feel your pain lol I'm having the same problems with the scale and it's funny that we're at the same weight dealing with it at the same time. I heard Banks talking about a situation like ours and he said if you have a good day or even a bad day it won't have an affect on you until the week after or the week after that. You won't see results the next day. I got a little confused by this, but he seems to know what he's talking about lol. What was your cal/exercise looking like last week?

I def don't want to give up, that's for sure! I'll def look around on the other threads too. I'll share whatever I find with you as well.

I'm not giving up either,LETS FIGHT<FIGHT<FIGHT.......
    my cals were between 1200-1400 everyday but Sunday, that was my bad day. and I worked out everyother day for at least an hour. I did miss 1 workout that I wanted. I ended up with 4 days instead of 5. I did 16miles on the treadmil from Monday to Monday, only 4 miles short of my goal for the week.

I just thought of something though, I haven't been drinking my water the way I should. I will make that my mini goal for today. "DRINK MORE WATER"
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    That's a great goal. :smile: Maybe I should do that for myself today too...I normally only drink water, but sometimes I don't drink enough.

Would you be up for doing some kind of daily goal with me each day? Maybe we could make a goal every morning and check in randomly during that day just to see how each other is doing? I think it would be great motivation for both of us to stay on track and to keep our butts in gear. That's if u want to :smile:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    haha well at least you'll be doing some walking today while you're shopping, so at least you're getting some kind of activity. It's def better than sitting on your bum :happy:
  • kimss
    Options
    That's a great goal. :smile: Maybe I should do that for myself today too...I normally only drink water, but sometimes I don't drink enough.

Would you be up for doing some kind of daily goal with me each day? Maybe we could make a goal every morning and check in randomly during that day just to see how each other is doing? I think it would be great motivation for both of us to stay on track and to keep our butts in gear. That's if u want to :smile:

Sure what kind of challenge are you thinking of? I think that todays' should be Drink 8 glasses of water...then you get to think up tomorrows? :laugh:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    great! sounds like a good idea to me! :happy: I think our goals can be about anything....drinking water, doing something positive, something to do with exercise, longer minutes, anything to do with eating or not eating something etc etc. We can def take turns thinking of the daily goal each morning.

Anyone else can join in too! It's a great way to challenge ourselves :happy:
  • kimss
    Options
    great. drink our water it is!!!! I am on glass 3..... I'm heading out to walk right now, I'll check back in later. come on girls, join in.......:bigsmile:
  • abuelita60
    Options
    Hi, I like the idea of the daily goal, but I will have to start tomorrow. There's no way I can drink 8 glasses of water on whats left of the day. I'd be going to the bathroom all night:blushing: May I make a suggestion???? Can we decide what the challange is going to be for the following day the previous night? Sometimes I don't have time to check first thing in the morning, but I always log on before I go to bed.
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    Yea that could be a really good idea actually. We're all usually on here at night so yea it's completely ok with me :happy: Since the topic got brought up, what should the goal for tomorrow be?

Make sure the glasses you're drinking out of equal a cup. It's supposed to be 8 cups a day. I have several different sets of glasses and they're all different amounts, but they look like they'd be a cup...totally threw me off!

I'm on my 7th cup of water tho! Wooo! I drank hot tea (green tea) for dinner. I helped me feel full, which is something I need cuz I'm always hungry lol

I went out for a walk today too...15 mins into the walk, it started raining lol So I had to hurry back home.
  • kimss
    Options
    I'm on my 5th glass. and yes 8oz. each. fine with me to make our goal for the day the night before. I'm not sure what to do though.... I know I will be pretty busy and out and about tomorrow. I'm not sure how much exercise I'll get.
    today I only had 10min. beore the baby woke up and I had to quit. so wogging is out for today. and I have been nursing a peice of chocolate cake all day, iadded an apple and 1 tbsp of peanutbutter and made it my lunch. know to have a decent dinner and I'll be fine.
    I ll check in later to see if anyone has any ideas for tomorrow.
    Kim
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    How about no junk food/bad foods AT ALL tomorrow...like no sweets/chips/candy/ice cream/chocolate/sugary/fast food/resturaunt greasy food/processed junk.....