Woggers Team - JOIN US!!!!!!!!

Options
Hey, welcome to the Woggers team! This team can be for people who are trying to run a mile or longer ("Wogging" is a combination for walking and jogging) but basically it's for anyone who needs motivation. We can help you reach your goals, while we accomplish our own!!!!!!! New members are welcome (the more, the merrier, right?)

The way to accomplishing your goals starts right here!

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• PinkShoes
    PinkShoes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    This is an awesome group! I am definately a wogger! :smile:
    I started out just walking briskly and began incorporating jogging into my walks. I "wog" about 3.5 miles now and I'm trying to work up the endurance to run a full mile without having to stop to walk. Even though I played sports in school, I've never been too keen on running so I need all the motivation I can get! :happy: However, now that I'm getting more used to running, I'm starting to enjoy it! Especially running downhill! :tongue:

133914.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • anthrochix
    anthrochix Posts: 264
    Options
    oooooo! me too! me too! i've been more of a power-walker (i can really haul if i get into it) but i haven't run since high school (i'm 35). would love to wog with a team!
  • rayemlls
    rayemlls Posts: 45
    Options
    I walk a lil over 3 miles a day. I keep saying im going to start joging but I havent ran since jr high..
  • easy2lov3
    easy2lov3 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    :happy: i am soo excited about this!!! i have not jogged in the longest and today i was motivated to do so. Come on Everybody lets Wog..lol..:drinker:
  • Ahmee2034
    Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    :drinker: LET THE FUN BEGIN!:drinker:
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    hi all, :happy:
    I love to woggle too. I warm-up walk for 4 min. then run at 6.0 for 3 min. then( walk 2-4) -(run 3) -(walk 2-4) (run-3) and so on until my running time is up to 26 min.It usually takes me about 35-45 min. total to reach that goal. It is a pace that works for me, and gets my heart rate up for the whole time. you can do any combo you want. I am trying to work my way up to running 3 miles without stopping, someday. every other day I run at least 1 mile without stopping in this schedual and I plan to increase it a little each week. I'm not in a hurry so I am taking it slow. So far,the longest run I ever did was about 1.5 months ago and that was 1.5miles in 14:50min. I had to find out if I could pass the military physical test. YES I CAN !!!! " my hubby is Navy..... I wanted to prove to him that I could do it too...If any of you want I can post the requirements so you can test and push yourself too. just let me know.
    I'm looking forward to having a fun group to talk with and share the successes of us all.
    :smile:
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    who knew i was a wogger! i can just now jog a 5.5 mile pace for five minutes straight, walk one min. i do that about five times so far.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am not near as good as you guys. I usually warm up for 4 min then jog for 1.5 min walk for 1.5 min for about 30 minutes. I plan on adding 30 secs to my time each week so hopefully by 3-4 weeks I will be able to jog the entire 30 min. Then I'll up my speed. I don't know if this is the best way to do it but we'll see what happens.

I only wog 3 times a week though. I am cross training with WATP, taebo and the firm.
  • easy2lov3
    easy2lov3 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    This is only the beginning, we can do this! :drinker:
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    Wow, you guys are amazing! Right now I'm up to 5 minute warmup walk, then alternating 1.5 minutes of walking and 1 minute of jogging. I hope to run 3 miles without stopping!

Here's an idea for increasing "Wogging" motivation . . . let's all post our top playlist of songs we listen to when we're exercising (and if you don't listen to anything while working out, just post some of your fave upbeat songs). I found out that when I listen to my ipod while Wogging, I'm more motivated to not give up!:wink:

I'll start . . . Just Dance by Lady Gaga - my favorite workout song ever!!!!!!!

I will think of more and post those too.

Stay strong, guys!!!!!!!!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • anthrochix
    anthrochix Posts: 264
    Options
    for those of you with sattelite radio, try listening to the "bpm" station on xm. all of the songs are 130 beats per minute. helps me get my butt moving! on my ipod, i like franz ferdinand and depeche mode from the 80s (i'm old).
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I am a wogger too!!!!
    I just finished week 3 day 3 of Couch to 5K.....week 3 was 5 minute warm up walk, then 1/2 lap each walk jog then whole lap each walk and jog then repeat I added in an extra lap of each at the end...

Week 4 starts with 5 min walk, jog 1/2m, walk 1/8 m, jog 1/2m, walk 1/4, jog 1/4, walk 1/8, jog 1/2

I love Just Dance by Lady Gaga and there's several Britney Spears songs that have a great push me beat....I can't think of the others right now...
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    I'm in I just started the C25K last night. any idea how I would log that in my exercise log?

I have a variety on my ipod I jusst like having the music to distract me
  • Ahmee2034
    Options
    Guys...the energy in here is awesome! I love it! Great idea fitgal! Thanks.

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what couch to 5k is? Anyone, please?

Also, as for music, I like The Message station on XM satellite radio and I have a CD I made of various really upbeat christian songs I love. They really get me going.

I also like some of Kidd Rock's music, not that terrible stuff but his newer songs. Oh, there is so many!
  • sinisme
    sinisme Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I'm a wogger.. LOL...
    My favorite tunes to listen to is mostly Rock... like 3 Days Grace, Seether, Our Lady Peace, NIN, Manson and Rob Zombie. Also some Depeche Mode and a couple of other 80's music artists! :bigsmile:
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    couch 2 5 K is a program that shows you how to become a runner from sitting on the couch. Go to coolrunning.com( I think) and go to the very bottom and they show you the program without having to purchase it.
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Bump:happy:
  • Ahmee2034
    Options
    couch 2 5 K is a program that shows you how to become a runner from sitting on the couch. Go to coolrunning.com( I think) and go to the very bottom and they show you the program without having to purchase it.

Thanks!

And the puppy...awww. Too cute!
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    I'm probably going to do Week 1, Day 2 of Couch to 5K tonight. I'm doing pretty well.

Do not give up on your goals, everyone!!!!!!!!! You can do this!!!!!!!!!!:happy:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    I am going to make my first outdoor attempt tonight - I am starting week 4 day 1 - we'll see how it goes with hills and all.....