Woggers Team - JOIN US!!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    I am going to make my first outdoor attempt tonight - I am starting week 4 day 1 - we'll see how it goes with hills and all.....

Sounds hard. I usually do the challenge on a treadmill . . . there's not many places to run in my neighborhood. Well, good luck!
  • easy2lov3
    easy2lov3 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    usually i try to do it at the park but it's hard, today i used the treadmill. I think i will be challenging on the treadmill from now on. so much easier.
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I'm a little late to the party, but can I join in too?? I hadn't wogged for a few weeks until this a.m. - and with my other stuff I've been doing I was amazed at how much longer I could run! 3 weeks ago I was dying at 2 minutes - today I ran (lol-jogged!) 5 minutes, walked 2.5, ran 5, walked 2.5 then did 3 sets of 2 m run and 1 m walk. I was pretty tripped. I think I'm getting addicted . . . :tongue:
  • fitgal411
    Options
    Hey MTGirl!!!!!!

You're not late . . . you're right on time! :smile: We just started yesterday.

Hey, does anyone have any more songs for a workout playlist? I'm starting Week 1, Day 2 in an hour or so and I need some music to listen to!!!!!!!!!!!
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    I wish I had some good songs for you all, but, I'm a country girl and my music isn't very ""Ummm, get up and move" kinda stuff. My husband teases me about how I could possible run to such slow music? It doesn't bother me, I like it. :smooched:
    give me some Brad Paisly, Rascle Flats, and Emerson Drive and I am happy and ready to run.
    today was my walking day so i walked uphill for 65min. I alternate run and walk days.... my poor legs can't handle running every day.
    I also find it easier to talk on the phone to my friend back home when I am walking rather than running.:wink: OH well, some day are just made for taking it easy. but I still burned over 400 cal's . I'm happy with this. :bigsmile:
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    hi,
    so for all of you young and contemporary types, these are the songs my daughter thinks are good,
    #1 Running up that Hill....By- Placebo
    #2 Roof Tops.....By- The Lost Prophets
    #3 Fake It.....By- Seether
    #4 Move Along... By- The All America Rejects
    #5 The (Shipped) Gold Standard....By- Fall Out Boy
    Have Fun everyone.

:smile:
  • fitgal411
    Options
    Well, I didn't have time to go to the YMCA yesterday, so instead I did some Wii Fit. I never knew that there's a game on there where you can run 2 miles! Well, I guess it's not the same as actual running, because you're kind of running in place. The bad news is, I got out of breath towards the end.:grumble:
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    hey fitgal! Thanks for sending me a msg. I def do a lot of "wogging" and I would love to join your Wogging team! :smile:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    did day 1 of week 4 of C25k yesterday - outside - whew what a workout....after I finished I walked another 2 miles - I am sore today...I hope I'll feel better by this afternoon to workout but if I don't I'll rest today...
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    HOw do yall log your wogging. is it jogging or walking. I don' thave a heart rate monitor so I need to know how to log it.
  • Nlongenecker
    Nlongenecker Posts: 765
    Options
    I would like to join this thread. About a year ago I was doing the Couch to 5K program and got about half way through and then quit. I haven't jogged since, but I would like to. Last week I just started walking 4 miles 3x a week. I would like to Wog the other days to work to a 5K.

For music ideas, check out www.motiontraxx.com. The music is free and very motivating for wogging. Also, check out www.dontquitmusic.com. It is not free, but they have great mixes to keep you motivated. And the one I have encourages you throughout, telling you to go a little longer, don't give up, etc.
  • Brittany_Kayy
    Brittany_Kayy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I wanna join. I got an email froms oneone letting me know about the group. Thank you so much Fitgal :]
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Welcome Brittany Kayy !!
  • baby_gyrlamc
    Options
    So this week has been my first week and I have been eating like I normally do until today. Today I am tired of looking at how badly I have been going over my calories (ofcourse I get the midnight munchies or go for the seconds) so I have started out great today and got a workout in early this morning. I am going to put my food into the calorie counter before I eat it to make sure I don't go over my calories. If it is a high calorie/intake count I will find something better for me and not eat the bad. I am going to start getting myself in the bed at a descent time to eliminate the midnight snacking. Maybe I can convince my husband that if I don't go to bed he doesn't go to bed until he convinces me to go. I am only 25 and granted I have had three children or that's what everyone tells me is my excuse, but it is an excuse no more. TIme to get my body back to a way that I am proud of it again. When I got finished doing a 15 minute workout I felt refreshed and after the kids take a nap I am going to go wogging while the kids ride their bike. It's a great way to have family time and be healthy.
  • Ahmee2034
    Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone! Well, so far so good today. I was able to take my son for an "outing" to buy new guitar strings. That was a big deal. He seems to be okay. Not in pain, so that's good. Now I'm eating lunch. Some chicken sausage and pork patty from my bbq last night. Still keeping it healthy. No sauce, turkey & chicken sausage. Still under my usual cal count for lunch. I got grilled veggies, too.

Anyway, I'll be wogging this afternoon either before my Pilates or after...not sure yet.

Have a great afternoon!
  • Nellie1drfl
    Nellie1drfl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    OOOh me too, I love to Wogg!
  • easy2lov3
    easy2lov3 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    HELLO WOGGERS!! So far so good.

Today I feel Great! i jogged alittle over 2 miles:drinker: I cant believe it. I really thought i was going to die..lol... but i did it:happy:

Good Luck Everyone!!! Lets do this
  • ang1977
    ang1977 Posts: 21
    Options
    Sounds like a plan!! I started this morning and did 2 miles of "wogging". Felt great , well most of it :-).
  • JustAnotherGirl
    Options
    I am an avid WOGGER....may I join?! :bigsmile:
  • PinkShoes
    PinkShoes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Fitgal411 - I've totally ran in place before for my workout! It probably doesn't burn as many calories as actual running but it does burn more than you would think! You can find "jogging in place" under the exercise database on MFP. And I get out of breath doing it too! So at least I know my heart rate is up!

Oh...and some of my favorite songs...I love songs by the Beastie Boys, old Greenday, Muse, some of the faster songs from Dave Matthews Band and Big Head Todd and the Monsters. And even though I'm only 24, I've been in love with Swing/ Big Band Music my whole life so I love running to Frank Sinatra, Benny Goodman, Glen Miller, etc.

Some specific songs that I like include:
    "Take On Me" by A-Ha
    "Technologic" by Daft Punk
    "Best of My Love" by the Emotions
    "We Got the Beat" by the Go-Go's
    "ABC" by Jackson 5 (this is just a happy song that puts me in a good mood when I'm running)
    "Gimme Three Steps" by Lynyrd Skynyrd
    "Sinnerman" by Nina Simone
    "Keep On Dancing" by No Doubt
    "Break on through" by the Doors
    "Gonna be Some Changes Made" by Bruce Hornsby
    "Here We Go" by the Grits

133914.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter