Woggers Team - JOIN US!!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• easy2lov3
    easy2lov3 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    No wogging for me today:frown: i am soo scared about gaining weight this weekend. Its my birthday and that means party time...
    \
    good luck everybody!
  • Ahmee2034
    Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :drinker: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BREE! Have fun! Don't worry about any of this...it'll still be here Monday! Have a great birthday!
  • Nlongenecker
    Nlongenecker Posts: 765
    Options
    I see alot of you guys are having issues with shin splints and stuff hurting. Soooooo.....just a reminder....

Please.....Make sure you spent 10-15 minutes stretching BEFORE & AFTER your wogs to avoid injury!! Even 5 minutes before and after is better than nothing. If your not sure what kind of stretches to do, do a websearch. Seriously, it will save your shins, ankles, calf muscles, hips, back, knees and any other joints in between and will make your recovery alot faster.

Also, make sure you have good, decent pair of running shoes...not just ones ment for walking. No wogging allowed in old beaters you dug out of the closet. :laugh:

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Dont forget your water too!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Happy wogging!

I have noticed my shins killing me lately when I wog. Is there any special strech for your shins. Or if I do all the regular streches - hamstring, quad, calft, etc. will that help the shins?
  • Nlongenecker
    Options
    I wogged last night. It has been such a long time since I did that (intervals of 1 min jog, 1.5 walk) that every part of my legs were hurting especially my shins. But I did not stretch beforehand. I have to remember that wogging is a little more intense than walking.
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    I see alot of you guys are having issues with shin splints and stuff hurting. Soooooo.....just a reminder....

Please.....Make sure you spent 10-15 minutes stretching BEFORE & AFTER your wogs to avoid injury!! Even 5 minutes before and after is better than nothing. If your not sure what kind of stretches to do, do a websearch. Seriously, it will save your shins, ankles, calf muscles, hips, back, knees and any other joints in between and will make your recovery alot faster.

Also, make sure you have good, decent pair of running shoes...not just ones ment for walking. No wogging allowed in old beaters you dug out of the closet. :laugh:

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Dont forget your water too!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Happy wogging!

I have noticed my shins killing me lately when I wog. Is there any special strech for your shins. Or if I do all the regular streches - hamstring, quad, calft, etc. will that help the shins?

Here are some websites that I found:

http://www.racewalk.com/Stretching/ShinStretches01.asp
    http://www.walkinghealthy.com/WalkingHealthy/Stretching/Shin.asp
    http://walking.about.com/od/stretching/a/shinstretch.htm

Hope this helps! I haven't noticed any shin splits, but maybe I'm next!!!!!!!!!:noway:
  • fitgal411
    Options
    I went wogging today. I've never had so many problems with it before...I had such a hard time getting my butt in gear. I was gasping for air and feeling like I just couldn't do it. Idk what my problem was lol I wanted to quit, but I ended up doing it anyways :smile: How do you guys motivate yourself on days like this?

When I'm about to give up, I think about what I'm going to do if I finish this workout. Maybe go shopping for new clothes (imagine your old jeans zipping up all the way) or treat myself to a mani-pedi (DIY!) I imagine that if I finish the workout, I will have the body I've been dreaming of. I imagine my friends giving me compliments on how great I look. It all comes down to visualization. It's good to have some ideas like these ready when you feel like giving up.
  • fitgal411
    Options
    No wogging for me today:frown: i am soo scared about gaining weight this weekend. Its my birthday and that means party time...
    \
    good luck everybody!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't worry about gaining weight - take a day off to celebrate! :drinker: Would you rather focus on every single calorie you're eating or just having a great time??????
  • easy2lov3
    easy2lov3 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone... i think im jus goin to have a good time....:drinker:
  • fitgal411
    Options
    Hey, guys, what is this Wii Active that I've been hearing about???????? For the people that have it, is it really better than Wii Fit? (can you Wog on it, too?)

In: Wii Active??????????
    Expiring: Wii Fit
    Expired: Wii Sports (no one talks about that anymore!!!!!!!)
  • fitgal411
    Options
    HAVE THE WOGGERS ALL DISAPPEARED?!?!?!?!?!?!:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:
  • Ahmee2034
    Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I'm here! :sick: In bed. Not feeling well today...TOM, I think. Just blah.

I DID want to share with y'all that I finally got my EZ Gym in Friday. I love it. I can't wait till I can incorporate a real "routine" for my abs...any suggestions? The DVD that came with it really isn't that great.

As for the Wii Fit, don't have one. Wish I did!
  • Nlongenecker
    Options
    Good Morning. I wogged 3 mi last night. It was a great evening for it.
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I picked up the active the other day. There is a leg strap that you put the nunchuck in. You do squats, lunges, walking, running, kick backs, knee lifts, boxing, kickboxing, inline skating. You can choose what level of workout you want (easy, medium, hard). There is a 30 day program you can choose. I worked up a sweat.
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I went wogging last night and ended up going farther than I expected! :noway: :happy: We have a bike path that runs thru a HUGE section of housing developments that are around mine...i started and just kept going and going! It was fantastic :laugh:
  • fitgal411
    Options
    I went wogging last night and ended up going farther than I expected! :noway: :happy: We have a bike path that runs thru a HUGE section of housing developments that are around mine...i started and just kept going and going! It was fantastic :laugh:

How do you show your food diary on your posts like that??????????????????

Oh, it doesn't show the link when I quote it, but it would be really cool if I could show my food diary.

Or . . . maybe not:blushing: Not today, anyway . . . had some Chinese food, and . . . :embarassed::laugh:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    ."my home".."settings"..."change forum signature"..uh and then it just has a link next to the signature box that you can paste into the box
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    sorry, i edited that last post. I wasn't really paying attention and realized you were actually talking about the food diary. hehe
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Mornin' Woggers!!! Back to work today . . . :grumble: Had fun camping, hiking and playing over the weekend though :love: Did water aerobics today - will hopefully wog a little tomorrow. I can't believe how much the water aerobics class has improved my jogging time. Hope everyone has a great day!
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    hi woggers,
    Well, our long fun weekend is over:cry: and back to the real world. I hope you all had a great weekend.
    I did really good on my wogging, I took my car in on Friday for an oil change and ended up spending 5hrs sitting in the waiting area for them to replace my CV Joints too :noway: So no wogging for me that day....:grumble:
    But sat, I reached my first goal. I ran without stopping for 2miles, in 21:05min. I was so thrilled....:happy: ..... and then I wogged the rest of my time. another 40 min. That was the best time ever for me. I hope to repeat this all 2 more times this week.( my feet and legs were a bit sore, but I recoverd quickly) I took Sunday off to go on a date with my hubby, then we had a friend over for a BBQ on Monday. I did wog on Monday, but nothing more than my average routine, 3jog-2walk-3jog-2walk......for 45min. But I'm glad I at least got out there. I have a bit of water weight from the weekend and I will spend this week being really good on my eating and wogging and hope to lose the water and an additional 1 pound towards my goal.
    I hope to hear about everyones great weekends....I"ll keep looking for you girls to post throughout the day..:wink:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Going to do week 4 day 3 of C25K in just a couple minutes....week four is tougher than the others have seemed but I am pushing thru it.....yesterday I had to add in an extra couple minutes when I was in the blaring sun - I couldn't breath....oh well it may have taken a bit longer but then I added in another couple miles of wogging too - total of over 5 miles....I was wiped.