Woggers Team - JOIN US!!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    For not being into exercising today, 3.5 miles in 45 mins is great! Good job :smile:

Hope everyone's having a great weekend :flowerforyou: Keep on woggin :happy:
  • mskellyw
    mskellyw Posts: 111
    Options
    Hi, I'm brand new to the site and just came across this thread.

I started the couch to 5k plan several years ago, but gave it up after a few weeks because my knees and hips were getting really sore. About a year ago I discovered I have an allergy to gluten and since eliminating it from my diet my joints are in much better shape. I've decided to give "wogging" another shot and am planning on starting the couch to 5k plan in about a week after my 8am summer school class ends.

My plan is to start slow, wogging 2-3x/week and staying at 60 seconds jogging / 90 seconds walking for several weeks to make sure my joints can handle it. I'm also planning to swim a few times per week. I was doing master's swim last summer and swimming for an hour 3x/week, so I'm hoping to be able to quickly build up to that point again.

I'd love to join your group to stay motivated and have some accountability. I don't think I've run a mile straight in my entire life (I was a fat kid with asthma, so I always got out of running in gym class), so that's definitely my first goal!
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    welcome mskellyw,
    we are happy you could join. there is no pressure here for us woggers, you just go at your own pace and do the best you can. if you have any questions , were here and will do our best to help answer them.
    I know I had never run a mile straight without walking in my life either. so I totally understand what a rush it is to finally do it. and now after almost 3 months I can run 2 miles without stopping. so you keep up the motivation and the training and you will be doing it too before long.
    just start slow and work your way up, you'll do great.

take care and have a good weekend,
    :happy:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    Welcome mskellyw! :smile: Good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    I went for a wog today :smile: Wogged for about 31mins/2ish miles. My knees are killing me today!:frown: I didn't eat many carbs before wogging, which I don't ever do. I think eating carbs helps me out...I've never had problems with my knees before. :ohwell:
  • kimss
    Options
    wow kid,
    your out here early this morning!!!! good job on getting your exercise in so early on a sunday morning. Be sure to get some ice on your knee and take some ibuprofen to help with the inflamation and the pain. put it up if you can. I hope it feels better soon
    Its noon and I'm still in my bathrobe, drinking coffee. :drinker:

I haven't decided if I will work out today or not. I've wogged 5 days this week for a total of just over 20 miles, so I'm thinking I should take a day off so I can be fresh for this coming week. But as the day wears on, I sometimes start missing the walking, so I might just go out a do a little walk on slow motion.
    I hope you all have a great day today, and I will check in later to see how everyones been doing this weekend. KEEP WOGGING !!!!!!:bigsmile:

P.S. My hubby is a Navy sailor, and he told me that, in his profession, a WOGGER, is a person who has never crosssed the Equator. :glasses:
    Well, I don't know about any of you, but that fits me. how about any of you? anybody here been south of the equator?
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    wow kid,
    your out here early this morning!!!! good job on getting your exercise in so early on a sunday morning. Be sure to get some ice on your knee and take some ibuprofen to help with the inflamation and the pain. put it up if you can. I hope it feels better soon
    Its noon and I'm still in my bathrobe, drinking coffee. :drinker:

I haven't decided if I will work out today or not. I've wogged 5 days this week for a total of just over 20 miles, so I'm thinking I should take a day off so I can be fresh for this coming week. But as the day wears on, I sometimes start missing the walking, so I might just go out a do a little walk on slow motion.
    I hope you all have a great day today, and I will check in later to see how everyones been doing this weekend. KEEP WOGGING !!!!!!:bigsmile:

P.S. My hubby is a Navy sailor, and he told me that, in his profession, a WOGGER, is a person who has never crosssed the Equator. :glasses:
    Well, I don't know about any of you, but that fits me. how about any of you? anybody here been south of the equator?

lol! I didn't know that! I've never been south of the equator (actually, I've never been out of the United States)
  • abuelita60
    abuelita60 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Wow, tell your husband I am Navy retired and I was one of those sailors that never set foot on a ship for duty, but I was stationed in Panama and thats the farthest south I ever went/gone. I took the weekend off from wogging, went to pick up my son from Camp Pendleton, he had overnight liberty.
  • kimss
    Options
    Panama, sounds cool. must be nice to be retired. we have 5yrs to go.
    Today was my day off, but I wogged 20 miles this week so I needed a rest.:happy:
  • Nlongenecker
    Nlongenecker Posts: 765
    Options
    I was gone several days on a camping trip. I didn't do any wogging, but I hiked (which I discovered is way harder than just walking) and kayaked. I missed this group of people and the support. The weather here is very stormy today so I doubt I will get to go outside to wog, so I will have to get on the treadmill. Now that Spring/Summer are here I'm beginning to hate my treadmill! I want to be outside enjoying the weather.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I finished day 2 of week 5 in Couch to 5k....today is supposed to be 2miles all at once or 20 minutes....I am going to try the 20 minutes today and if I can do it then I'll try the distance with my next "run" - this one's no walking break in between....yesterday was 3/4 mile jog, 1/2 mile walk, 3/4 mile jog - I ended up with a total of 2.5 miles after I added in a few laps at the end and 1 warm up to start. But to do 2 miles all at once - I am scared!!
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    Don't be scared! You can do it :happy: You're off to a great start! Keep up the good work :flowerforyou:
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Hi guys - I decided over the weekend that I am going to start the Couch to 5K this week. I didn't drag myself out of bed early enough this a.m. to do it, but we will go to the Y tonight so I will start on the treadmill. Kind of disappointed I didn't get started this a.m. - but all is not lost yet :laugh:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    MTgirl - I love the C25k program so far....I started on the treadmill but now I try to alternate with outdoor runs too - it's amazing what a difference a couple little hills and sunshine will do to you....you can do it!
  • kimss
    Options
    morning ,
    :happy: sounds like you all had good weekends. me too. glad to see your all getting yourselves reved up for the week. I am hoping to run the 2mile in 20 min. agian this week. I was only able to do it twice last week, " I was hoping for 3 times" but I will put that as my goal this week. I tend to have stiff and sore front quads, so I need rest in between my long runs. I was still happy with my total for the week of 20 miles. I hope to repeat those numbers this week.
    I wish you all good luck on accomplishing your goals
    In the next couple of weeks I would like to expand my goals to include some outside running if I can get away from the kids.:happy:
  • abuelita60
    Options
    Hi everyone: I couldn't bring myself to wogg today, but I did do a three mile walk at my own pace (short legs). The weather outside was cloudy/foggy, damp, it didn't help with the motivation. But hey, something is better than nothing. I won't be able to wogg tomorrow cause I'm going to Camp Pendleton to watch my son graduate from Marine Combat Training School, maybe, just maybe, I will go for a walk after we come back into town.....
  • fitgal411
    Options
    Impressive, you guys!!!! (ahem, girls:wink: )

Well, I had not such a good day today. Basically, people who I thought were my friends have been backstabbing me. I got really depressed and didn't have enough motivation to exercise at all. I don't want to ruin your good days, so I'll stop ranting now.

High point of the day: A REAL friend said I looked a lot skinnier and asked me what my secret was:

WOGGING!!!!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • abuelita60
    Options
    Hey there fitgal411: Just remember, God loves you and isn't He the ONE who is there for us no matter whats going on in our lives.....a true friend. So SMILE.....you are blessed today and always....
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    wogged 4 miles today :happy: woo! it totally kicked my butt tho. I'm ready for a bubble bath now! :tongue:
  • fitgal411
    Options
    Hey there fitgal411: Just remember, God loves you and isn't He the ONE who is there for us no matter whats going on in our lives.....a true friend. So SMILE.....you are blessed today and always....

Thank you!!!!!!! :flowerforyou: That is good advice. The "backstabber" called and tried to apologize, but it didn't sound very sincere. I will just keep my head held high and try to move on.