eating 1000 cal and feeling great

so i've been eating 900-1100 cal per day and i don't feel hungry or tired or anything. i feel great. i also do cardio for 5-6 times a week ( for about 30 minutes )
i'm 5'5 tall,156 lbs
i don't feel like my body needs more because i feel full all the time.
is this wrong?

Replies

• tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Yes, this is way to few calories to sustain you nutritionally! Our cells, muscle, bone etc all need specific nutrients and this is very low especially if you exercise as much as you say you do.
  • amy_marlene
    amy_marlene Posts: 178 Member
    Yes, this is way to few calories to sustain you nutritionally! Our cells, muscle, bone etc all need specific nutrients and this is very low especially if you exercise as much as you say you do.
    well the thing is i don't feel hungry.i can't force myself to eat if i'm not hungry at all.
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    How much protein are you eating?
  • wow really as im on 1200 calories and I do a 45 min personal trainer gym work out 6 days a week ?
  • p.s im hungry alot ;-( well sometimes lol
  • amy_marlene
    How much protein are you eating?
    my daily goal is 45,and i'm always at least 10 over my goal
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    wow really as im on 1200 calories and I do a 45 min personal trainer gym work out 6 days a week ?

just 1200 calories, or 1200 NET calories?
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    so how much weight are you losing on a 1000 cals?
  • amy_marlene
    i've started 2 weeks ago. i've lost 4,4 lbs so far
  • kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    Yep, that's wrong.

If you are only eating 1000 calories a day with 30 mins of cardio (lets assume that burns atleast 300 calories)....

1000 - 300 = 700 NET

Just think about it - This is an unhealhty deficit. Plain and simple. You are probably eating less than half of your BMR, which is eating away at your muscles.

EVEN if you don't notice any unhealthy effects, which you will soon, believe me, your body is ADAPTING to this.
    You are training your body to survive on 700 calories a day... even if you do meet your goal eating so little, you have now trained your body to gain weight if you eat more than 700 calories.

Sounds REAL sustainable, eh? /sarcasm
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Why would you come here and brag about your unhealthy and unsustainable weight loss?
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    i've started 2 weeks ago. i've lost 4,4 lbs so far
    Wow your lucky i hate eating..i tried low cal but my scale didnt move till i upped my intake
  • Airbear3
    Airbear3 Posts: 335 Member
    how long have been doing this? if not long...you will soon find your body asking for more. do some research on here about nutrition and eating more to lose weight. i'm sure you've heard of your body storing fat and eating muscle when it doesn't get enough fuel. i think its unhealthy and dangerous. the way i understand it is if your bmr (Resting calorie need) is 1450 and you eat 1000 and burn 300 this is the math 1000-300=700 and not close to the 1450 that your organs, nerveous system needs to live=danger....just my thoughts. your body will perform better when fueled highering your metabolism thus burning more cals and building muscle!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    I was losing on 1200 when I first started but after about a month I changed it to 1700 and I am losing so much more. Try eating your BMR.
  • amy_marlene
    Why would you come here and brag about your unhealthy and unsustainable weight loss?

why are you being so rude?
    i'm NOT bragging about anything. i'm just saying how i feel and asking people for advice. that's all.
    i guess i should be apologizing for not being hungry o.O
  • The body get's used to whatever you do to it. If you give your body to little food it craves less food. That does not mean it's healthy. Over time it will backfire. You will lose muscles, you will lose energy, you will easily get overtrained and your immune system wil get weaker.

You mught feel great right now, but that will not last.
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    You won't lose for long at that low a calorie intake.
  • amy_marlene
    You won't lose for long at that low a calorie intake.
    not being rude or anything but i know a lot of people who lost lots of weight on this intake and haven't gained it back
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member

why are you being so rude?
    i'm NOT bragging about anything. I'm just saying how i feel and asking people for advice. that's all.
    i guess i should be apologizing for not being hungry o.O

I'm being rude because I don't want people to see this thread and get encouraged to starve themselves skinny like you are doing. There is a million threads on this forum addressing why this is a unhealthy and unsustainable weight loss method.

If this is working for you, well, good for you. Just don't come here and encourage others to follow in your foot steps.
  • amy_marlene
    oh and one more thing.
    i have a binge eating disorder since i was 12.
    so i don't have any eating habits. the only habit i have is overeating all the time.
    so for me this is a lifestyle change.because i don't know how to eat 'normal'.
This discussion has been closed.