eating 1000 cal and feeling great

Options
14567810»

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    What I find most amusing is that looking at the "join dates" on the predominate number of posters on this thread have dates this calendar year (or late last year). So mostly "New Year's Resolutions" type people.

And in these 6-12 weeks since joining we are to take as gospel that they really know what they are talking about and it is right cause they found religion this year?

Sorry - I wil read what everyone has to say - but then process it through my own BS filter and decide if it can be backed with some real science.

I will say the one that sticks as true (having been down this same path some 20 years ago) is a comment made occasionally on here by a gentleman with the handle Eric*** (don't have the full name) - "diet alone makes you look good with clothes on - resistance training makes you look good without' (something like that Eric - you know who you are).

Being someone who has a 'join date' of February, I feel the need to reply. Just because we only joined MFP recently does not mean we are necessarily new to this. I personally 'found my religion' as you put it about 15 years ago. I have used other tracking apps (and good old fashed pen and paper) in the past - I was recommended this site by a friend and found the app to be one of the better ones- and its free!

However, based on the quote you have, we are actually probably much on the same page as I am definately in agreement with the sentiment.
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Simple fix. OP, ask a nutritionist about your calorie level and fitness level and whether or not it works for you, and if it doesn't, whether or not he/she can think of anything that you could do to make adjustments. Like, physically consult with a nutritionist. I think they'd be better able to serve you on this point than a lot of people here. Not all of us have that sort of knowledge, which is why sitting down with a nutritionist would probably be your best bet.
  • JessLLoser
    JessLLoser Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Technically you won't lose weight very long at this level. Please try to eat at the reccommended calories.
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    first of all i want to thank all the people who are not being rude and mean and those who gave me advices and shared their storys with me.
    and for the people who are being rude and mean this is what i have to say - i'm very happy person. i have good parents,i have long - term boyfriend and supportive friends. also i'm a college student and i'm having lots of fun. and most important - i'm very happy with my life. i'm not frustrated with anything. but if you are - don't express your rage on me. i haven't done anything to you and if you think i'll get ill or something okay but remember i'll get ill-not you.so there is no need for you to be so rude to me.
    oh and we're not all the same - something that is working for you doesn't mean it's going to work for me.
    i rest my case.

I really think you should up your calories to at least 1200 a day and if you work out make sure your up to 1200 too. Try protein shakes if your not hungry.
  • watboy
    watboy Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Amen! Tons of judgemental wannabe Dr.s . She never and I repeat never said she was going to do this forever nor did she encourage anyone to do it. She asked if it was okay. Never ever said it was okay. Good lordy. This place is a high school full of bullies.
    She is not encouraging anyone she is just talking.....
    I thought this website was about support...
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    so i've been eating 900-1100 cal per day and i don't feel hungry or tired or anything. i feel great. i also do cardio for 5-6 times a week ( for about 30 minutes )
    i'm 5'5 tall,156 lbs
    i don't feel like my body needs more because i feel full all the time.
    is this wrong?

no its not wrong --- if you are happy and healthy
    I am EXACTLY the same as you, happy to eat under the 1000 ... "im not hungry why should I eat" totally agree :)

I also do allot of fitness and I am not tired or hungry ever however some days my cals would drop as low at 600 and i felt myself that long term that might not be a good idea ...... although i still wasnt tired lol

if you are worried by comments about harm you may be doing ... contact your doctor. but mine says im the picture of health :)

if you feel you want to higher your cals for little amount of food this is what I do, I make myself a little tub up at night to pick at during the day.

this is whats in it :)

Cashew nuts, 10 g 58cals
    Pistachio nuts, 10 g 58cals
    Pumpkin seeds, 3 g 18cals
    Sesame seeds, 3 g 19cals
    Sunflower seeds, 3 g 18cals
    Sultanas, 20 g 59cals
    Island Mix, 30 g 98cals
    Walnuts, 10 g 71cals

ps pumpkin seeds & island mix in the one handful .... YUM!!!!! that is all lol
  • Cwilliams8676
    Cwilliams8676 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I am losing usually 3-5 pounds a week for the past umm 8 weeks besides last week with no loss but I eat 1200 plus exercise calories which adds to about 2000 calories I exercise 2 hours daily 6 days a week. Id increase the calories to 1200 net at least.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I eat about 1000 net calories every day. I eat back my exercise calories. I go WAY over on protein. I'm on the 17 day diet so for 3 weeks now I haven't had any processed carbs. No flour, no white sugar, no starchy veg. I just started adding whole grains on Thursday. My intake of lean protein and vegetables is unlimited but I've found that with so much protein, I just don't get hungry. If I do get hungry, I have a fridge full of Greek yogurt (it was on sale). I've lost 5 pounds in these 3 weeks.

That said, keep in mind that I am very petite. I'm not quite 5'1". My doctor suggested going to 800 calories a day and making sure those calories counted. I can't do that. I get hungry. I was maintaining on 1200 net calories a day and eating 1500 a day is what got me here in the first place. So while some of you may disagree with my choice to go below 1200 calories, it works for me. I watch my food so I know I am getting all the nutrients my body needs. I listen to my body. And my body is telling me that we're doing fine. I feel energetic and alert. I'm losing at a reasonable pace.

Just because some of us choose to go below 1200 calories a day doesn't make us bad people. Many of us are making an informed decision. I know how my body responds better than anyone else. I know what it needs. Using that knowledge to make myself healthier doesn't make me a bad person. I am a different person from you. I have a different body. It makes sense to treat it differently.
  • Scott
    Scott Posts: 204 MFP Staff
    Options
    This topic has been locked due to numerous MyFitnessPal guidelines violations. The guidelines in question states:
    3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) No pro-anorexia or pro-bulimia posts, groups, profile names, or profile bylines. Photos intended to promote or glamorize extreme thinness are also not permitted.

We appreciate your participation in the community but please make sure to follow the MyFitnessPal guidelines.
This discussion has been closed.