Ideas for quick high protein breakfast

Options

Replies

• gimmewellness
    gimmewellness Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    protein for breakfast is new to me too, but I've been trying since joining MFP. I was always a cereal girl, but now I love to make smoothies. Thanks for all the great ideas everyone.
  • Kevveroo
    Kevveroo Posts: 1
    Options
    I think it would be more beneficial to eat a balance breakfast consisting of carbs, fats and protein and micronutrient content. EG 1 1/2 scoops of whey protein in water, 2 servings of liquid fish oil, and 2 otis spunkmeyer muffins would give you a 50/30/20 split of carbs fats and proteins.
  • mom2mozart
    mom2mozart Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Thomas light whole grain english muffin 100 cals 26 carbs 1 fat 5 protein 8 fiber
    with 2 tablespoons Smart Balance peanut butter 190 cals 6 carbs 16 fat 7 protein 2 fiber
    Bananas - Raw, 1 medium (7" to 7-7/8" long) 105 cals 27 carbs 0 fat 1 protein 3 fiber
    Totals 395 calories 13 grams protein 13 grams fiber

Wash it down with some black coffee, unsweetened tea, herbal tea or water.
  • Charlottejogs
    Charlottejogs Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Could you get a protein bar? Non-dairy is hard. I usually drink a cup of skim milk with a scoop of protein powder and that gives me 34 g of protein for the am. I'm sorry I'm not much help! Good luck to you!

Could always do this with almond milk
  • joec63
    joec63 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Is there a reason your're looking for low carb in the morning ? I'm cutting right now but I still get 30% of my daily calories from good carbs.50% comes from protein and the rest, 20%, from good fats. Most days I have 2 scoops of Whey Protein isolate, 240cals, in water , mix in the blender with ice or (1) whole Egg and six egg whites scrambled and then 200 cal of oatmeal on the side.
  • alb_photog
    alb_photog Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You can also eat salsa over eggs.

Spinach egg quiche cups

http://under400.tumblr.com/post/3334930421/egg-and-spinach-quiche-cups-10-ounces-frozen
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • amie0724
    amie0724 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Feta cheese and onion omlette with spinach or protein pancakes that are made from orotein powder .
  • papa3x
    papa3x Posts: 286
    Options
    wholegrain bagel toasted with peanut butter and nutella is one of the reasons i love strength training days :D (same protein content as i get with my 2 eggs on normal mornings)

also love smoked salmon with the scrambled eggs.

How is a bagel considered low carb?

There are places that make what they claim are low carb bagels.Like 27 grams per bagel, I believe.
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I'm curious as to what you guys would suggest for a quickly made, high protein, no/low carb, non dairy, breakfast with about 300 - 400 calories. Scrambled eggs and turkey bacon or sausage is what I'm doing now. It's fine but looking for variety. I'm open to non-traditional breakfast foods too.

mine is eggs and peanut butter!!!!
  • kath20lbs
    Options
    you can also do 6 egg whites
    3 oz chicken breast diced
    1 1-2 ounces fat free parmesan cheese
    basil

cook the chicken and dice it up and scramble with the rest,

320 cal
    6 g fat
    49 g protein
    16 carbs

is there a way of getting the best protein for a commuter? Right now i use an overnight-thawed tortilla wrap to grab when running out the door.
  • alb_photog
    Options
    wholegrain bagel toasted with peanut butter and nutella is one of the reasons i love strength training days :D (same protein content as i get with my 2 eggs on normal mornings)

There are places that make what they claim are low carb bagels.Like 27 grams per bagel, I believe.

27 g per bagel is not low carb! What's the fiber? You subract fiber from the carb. I eat 25-35 grams in an entire day!
  • kate_sunflower
    kate_sunflower Posts: 152 Member
    Options

27 g per bagel is not low carb! What's the fiber? You subract fiber from the carb. I eat 25-35 grams in an entire day!

I'm right there with you - a lot of these suggestions would have me nearly double over my carb intake for the day :-/
  • rainydaze613
    rainydaze613 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I often have one or a combination of the following for a high-protein dairyfree breakfast:

-Edamame
    -So Delicious Greek Style Yogurt made with coconut milk
    -Unsweetened Organic Soymilk
    -Organic oatmeal with flaxseed
    -Almonds
    -Organic pb on ezekiel bread
    -Tofu scramble
  • kath20lbs
    Options
    Does anyone know of a QUICK, LIKE RUNNING OUT THE DOOR high protein food for breakfast? Greek fatfree yogurt seems the best with berries to eat as you ride/drive.
  • alb_photog
    Options
    Does anyone know of a QUICK, LIKE RUNNING OUT THE DOOR high protein food for breakfast? Greek fatfree yogurt seems the best with berries to eat as you ride/drive.

Atkins breakfast bar & Atkins shake. Bought at your local grocer or Walmart. Some fruit are NOT low carb.
  • deb54
    deb54 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Very interesting suggestions !!! Bump
  • Lucy_Alice
    Options
    What about protein pancakes?
    There's tons of recipes on here: http://blogilates.com/category/recipe-index/healthy-breakfasts

She has a recipe for high protein yogurt oatcakes too but then I realised you wanted non-dairy.
    The protein oatcakes are great for anyone who doesn't have protein powder though (:
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Bonk
  • Leanne926
    Leanne926 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Bump