Girls...Makeup! :)

Options

Replies

• plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Foundation, urban decay primer, bobbi brown or givenchy photo perfexion with Makeup Forever veil
    lips, bobbi brown
    mascara, makeup forever aqualash
    blush, chanel bronzer

umm. yeah :o for my eyeshadow i'll take about any brand. i like dolly wink eyeliner which is a japanese brand.

Love love loveeee dolly wink brand!!
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    When went to school for Make Up Artistry I learnt this is STILL the best, most trusted mascara.

maybelline-mascara-300.jpg

Other than that I love love love Stila, Nars and Smashbox
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I use Bare Minerals and than only use it when going to church or when we are having a store visit. Its expensive and I have to make it last. Never used anything else expensive though. I use the drugstore stuff most of the time.
  • Glamour60Xtreme
    Options
    I love the new NARS Tinted Moisturizer. Also, I never wear anything on my face that has parabens, fragrance, sulfites, mineral oil, talc, etc. so a lot of the brands that are popular are out of the question. Josie Maran and Tarte are both good lines.

NARS= AMAZINGGG! I could spend all my money on nars, haha!
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I love Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse

dream-matte-mousse.jpg

other than that I just get whatever eyeliner and mascara is least expensive at the drug store, but right now I do happen to like:

small-shot_163932.jpg

The dream matte is the only one i've found to match my skin tone (pasty white/almostalbino). I don't wear much makeup, but i have to say i love OPI nail polish. Currently rockin the lincoln park after dark suede. Very nice.
  • taxidermist15
    taxidermist15 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    anyone got tips on how to find the perfect foundation for skin colour. Im just kinda guessing and i always gt colours on my jaw line. i just do a diffeent one every time and see if it works. its sucking ym bank balance dammit. I know i have cool skin tones, but oily skin, there is just so may out there!
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    My make up collection is fairly small and simple, a bit of mascara, bronzer, lip butter for the daytime and lipstick if I go out at night and that's it.
    I don't wear foundation as I have never found a colour that actually matches my skin tone. My face colour is alot lighter than my body so, plus I don't feel the need to wear foundation.
    I don't wear eyeliner because I just don't like it, I think it suits some girls but I have naturally big eyes or so I have heard so it seems unneccessary for me.
    I'm pretty low maintenance I think compared to most my age lol.

http://www.boots.com/en/Revlon-ColorBurst-8482-Lip-Butter_1252852/?id=10137480
    http://avonshop.co.uk/product/make-up/arabian-glow/arabian-glow-bronzing-pearls.html
    http://www.maccosmetics.co.uk/product/shaded/168/21707/Products/Lips/Lipstick/MAC-and-Marcel-Wanders-Lipstick/index.tmpl
    http://www.clinique.co.uk/product/1606/5785/Makeup/Mascara/High-Definition-Lashes/index.tmpl

Yeeep that's my collection, easy peasy:)
  • smoffette
    smoffette Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I love the brand "100% Pure" ( http://www.100percentpure.com/ )...because if it's sits on my skin all day I don't want it to be weird chemicals that are absorbed in. I can only really get on board with high quality fruit based, entirely edible makeup.
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Mmm covergirl loose translucent powder.
    Only thing I wear.. I don't like make up.. it does the trick though!
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    i want to try purminerals foundation wise.

i love mac's eye shadows.

cliniques moisturizers

maybellines eye liner pens

currently using shiseido as a foundation. its good for people with a yellow base to there skin that are in the sun a lot. since im asian and i live in hawaii its kind of my perfect match. Cx
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I mega hate how fast MACs quick sizzle lipstick sold out!!

I got one 1.5 hours after it came to my store. Mwahahahaahaha.

I wear a full face of makeup pretty much every single day. Some days it's super natural, some days it's heavier & darker, some days it's super bright.

My holy grail products are MAC's MSF Natural, Painterly paint pot & Smashbox's foundation, concealor, & their light skin primer. I don't leave the house without mascara. On days I want to let my skin breathe & heal (I have some acne) I use Smashbox's Photo Finish Light Primer, a light dusting of MAC's MSF Natural in Medium Plus, & a bit of mascara. I find that the skin combo actually helps clear up my skin because of all the vitamins & minerals in the products!!!
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I am obsessed with make up. Always have been and always will. I spend a fortune on make up, more than clothes or shoes.

My favorite foundation is Estee Lauder double wear. It's my perfect match to my skin type.

Favorite blushes are by Mac.

Favorite mascara is Lancôme Hypnoses.

Favorite lipstick are Mac, and favorite lip-gloss are from Estee Lauder.

Bronzer by Chanel, Eye shadow insurance by TooFace and BrowZinc for my brows by Benefit.
    Black eye crayon pencil by Urban Decay.

estee lauder have the best foundations and lip glosses <3

i also love urban decay. O: i got a set of there eye shadows, they're are so many interesting shades they offer.
  • Glamour60Xtreme
    Options
    What about brushes girls? What's your fav?
  • eillamarie
    Options
    Quo (a Canadian brand) has some really great brushes, but it can be hit & miss and sometimes they get rough after a while & they all shed. I'm very very slowly getting into MAC brushes. 227 is THEy best eye brush out there!! I want to try Sigma brushes. I randomly bought this $8 brush from Winners or WalMart & it's become my favorite foundation brush. My expensive Smashbox foundation brush is my least favorite.....who would've guessed?!
  • Glamour60Xtreme
    Options
    Oh I agree...sometimes the most expensive brushes are the worst!!! I have this really nice mally brush that I LOVE!!!! :)
  • eillamarie
    Options
    Anybody have any luck with the flat paddle-like foundation brushes? I loved my Smashbox one the first couple times I started using it, & it's OK with light-medium coverage foundation as long as I only use it once or twice between washes, but it was absolutely HORRIBLE with my full coverage stuff. Just ended up all streaky! Same with a smaller duo fiber I got from MAC (the step down from the 187). I use my cheapo brush to buff in the heavier stuff, also helps me not look like I frosted my face lol
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Some of my favourite brushes are brushes I bought at an art store, especially for concealer. You can get brushes in art stores that feather at the end which lets you blend concealer much better than the blunt rounded end of a normal concealer brush.
  • ThaRealNicki
    ThaRealNicki Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I am truely a MAC MUA! Not literllay working WITH the company as a freelance artist but my kits (except for my special effects kits) is mostly MAC and Makeup Forever !! MAC is just insanley gorgeous! beautiful finishes pigmented shadows the perfectly SOFT brushes Im IN LOVE WITH MAC!!! ALL THE WAY!! My personl makeup is a good mix of MAC Maybelline Makeup Forever Bobbi Brown NARS etc etc
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    i adore nutrogena naturals face wash, lotion, and lip balm. i have really horrible skin and just thought i had to live with it. but yesterday my friend told me "this is really weird, but your complextion looks amazing today." :D

as for makeup, its all drug store brand. i like almay foundation and revelon liner.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    I use a little bit of everything, I love mac eyeshadows, also too faced eyeshadows and blush, maybelline mascara, estee lauder or maybelline smooth mouse foundation, I also like some of the elf products and loreal, for lip gloss and lipsticks I have a little bit of everything