Replies

• joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I like the cut of your jib, ma'am! I wholeheartedly agree and think that more people should hear this message! Speed does not determine whether you're a runner, but the heart with which you put into every single effort! Awesome, now that's BAWSS!
  • cvanbeek
    cvanbeek Posts: 107
    Options
    Its great to read this. I ran my first 5k then I start reading around and hear people saying how they could jog/walk it in that time. I was thinking I worked my butt off for this I should be proud not disappointed. :( Thanks for making me proud again!
  • Laoch_Cailin
    Laoch_Cailin Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I read the heading and thought I'd come on and say that I definately was a jogger, but after reading.....your right I AM A RUNNER!!! Wohooo who'd have thought it. Completed my first 5k run in 34mins 40 seconds, and just signed up to my first and second 10k. Great post thanks xx
  • w2bab
    w2bab Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    bump.
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Love this :) I'm a runner and love encouraging others to just get out there and RUN no matter the speed or distance, and this post only reinforces that. Go runners!! :)
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    thank you for this!
  • aTROOPSTER
    Options
    Awesome! I did my first official race today - 8K, 1:06:16. Woohoo!
  • Jmstill300
    Jmstill300 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Never, in my wildest dreams, would I have ever considered myself a runner. Then I started losing weight and the more I ran, the more I liked it! Today, I set a distance PR for myself by running 7.12 miles in a little over 65 minutes! It was a wonderful feeling to know that I've done that! :)
  • Rugbychick16
    Rugbychick16 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    "No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everyone sitting on the couch"
  • bander21
    bander21 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    AWESOME, thank you! I thought I was a jogger! You have boosted my confidence tremendously! THANK YOU
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    YES!! I love you China - you are SoOooOOoooOOoo inspirational ~ Thank you! I AM a runner, and I LOVE that I am a runner and love my - get this - SPORT! I am an athlete! Ha ha - I AM AN ATHLETE!!! W000-Hooo!
  • nerdygirl2
    nerdygirl2 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thank You! I am a runner! I always felt embarassed to say I ran a race because I am slow. Now I don't. Thank you.:smile:
  • JoshuaL86
    JoshuaL86 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    This awesome!! Thank you for the great encouragement!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Awesome post! Thanks for posting this.
  • sunshinekind919
    sunshinekind919 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    :heart: Thank you :heart: First 5k today in 29:41 and I still feel I could do better. This is what I needed today.
  • hottiebikerchick
    hottiebikerchick Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Great Job- I did a baseline for my 5K and it took me 54 minutes.... got a lot of work to do!
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Yay that means that I RAN 2 miles without stopping for the first time ever, I didn't JOG those 2 miles :happy:
  • donnam40
    donnam40 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Great words - remember slow and steady wins the race and who could forget the tortoise and the hare.
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I love it! Thanks for reminding us of this.