Always single!

Options

Replies

• AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I can't remember how many times I felt exactly as you do now. Hope you meet someone AMAZING! Until then, keep your head up.
  • Neize
    Neize Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Don't let the Dust settle! Keep it moving. I've learned in life that I'm no longer going to analyze why a guy don't call/text me after a couple of dates. I just keep it moving because if you are content with the situation then you have him second guessing hisself!
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    It's not you. It's just the way the dating scene is these day. Totally sucks!
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Did you give up the goods?
    Sometimes if you give it up to soon.............they leave
    Sometimes if you dont give it up soon enough...........they leave

And you dont want either of that type anyway.

Too many unknown factors..........but its most certainly not entirely your fault.
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Be happy with yourself and happiness will find you! If the spark isn't there for both you and him, it's best to know now. Just don't go thinking there is something wrong with you just because some guy is to much an idiot to want to date you or man enough to say why not. You don't need someone who plays games like that.

As a single guy, I deal with the same from single women.
  • Cupcake1015
    Cupcake1015 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Don't let the Dust settle! Keep it moving. I've learned in life that I'm no longer going to analyze why a guy don't call/text me after a couple of dates. I just keep it moving because if you are content with the situation then you have him second guessing hisself!

I totally agree! however, I haven't met my Mr. Right either, and I know how frustrating it can be to have a guy drop off the face of the earth after you guys seemed to have a good time together. do NOT blame yourself. you are a beautiful person and your prince will come! and if a guy ever makes you feel sad, remember this: A man who makes you cry is not worth your tears, a man who is worth your tears will never make you cry!
  • chaniray
    chaniray Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    try dating a different type of guy. try not to take dating so seriously. it should be fun and light. try and keep it that way. i wouldn't call more than once. if you leave a message not only did they get the message but they more than likely saw you called. if you do more than that it may become a turn off even if they WERE going to date you again. when you are dating you should have a life outside of that person. if you don't then pretend you do. remember to keep it positive!

the thing i hate about dating is that it seems like a game even tho it shouldn't be but giving too much of yourself too soon can work against the situation. everyone isn't comfortable jumping in with both feet. take it easy.

please keep in mind that i've said all of this not knowing what kind of dater you are so please don't take offense.
    Don't worry about it. I think most of us involved in long term relationships wish their significant others would just disappear once in a while.

lol
  • HealthyHappy120
    Options
    Dude.. same here. *hugs*
  • tradaboie
    tradaboie Posts: 132
    Options
    I hear ya!!! The same thing just happened to me....GREAT first date (HE said so afterwards, more than once), made plans to see each other again, then he just stopped replying to my texts. I was tempted to ask for an explanation, but what is the point??? It is really hard to believe that there isn't something wrong with me, even though everyone tells me that it isn't me. I don't really have much advice to offer since I feel like lately I am in the same boat, but I can let ya know that you're not alone! You look great, your progress is amazing, so don't let it get you down...I just try to tell myself that I wouldn't want a guy who thinks it's OK to just disappear with no explanation - that says a LOT about their character, and very little about anything you could have done wrong. Seems like people are always looking for the next best thing - they might think you are great, but maybe there is something greater. There are just too many options these days, that makes it hard. I swear that guys were much more committed and willing to settle down with me when I was in my early & mid 20's than they are now. I know what you're dealing with! :angry:

Yeah I'm not even that upset about this guy...was only 3 dates...and you're right if he thinks its ok to just disappear that's not what I want....just keeps happening. I think most of these guys are looking for just sex and when they realize it's going to take longer to get it than they want they bounce. I'm just not sure where to meet other guys lol
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    That sucks! I can't understand why?
  • Pifflesmom
    Pifflesmom Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this!
    Hey there. If they have disappeared then it is there loss. Do not blame yourself. As my Mum always tells me "What is for me will not go past me"

I truly believe in this. If he is for you it will all work out. if not Mr right is out there somewhere

I like that I'm going to remember that one....your Mum sounds smart :)
  • darkmouzy
    darkmouzy Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! same thing happens to me and I just gave up for now, I gotta focus on me for a while :)
  • deedog007
    deedog007 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    If they are poor communicators (wont call back) , then u dont need them and its disrespectful. Chalk it up as they did you a favor.
    Why dont u communicate with them and see whats going wrong, or if there is anything wrong. Maybe....just maybe thats the problem (Lack of Communication),

Which is most important in all relationships. ;)

I called and left a message and sent a couple of texts....no response.
  • tradaboie
    Options

Too many unknown factors..........but its most certainly not entirely your fault.

Went out for 2 dates and one lunch....no sex yet.
  • deedog007
    deedog007 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I hear ya!!! The same thing just happened to me....GREAT first date (HE said so afterwards, more than once), made plans to see each other again, then he just stopped replying to my texts. I was tempted to ask for an explanation, but what is the point??? It is really hard to believe that there isn't something wrong with me, even though everyone tells me that it isn't me. I don't really have much advice to offer since I feel like lately I am in the same boat, but I can let ya know that you're not alone! You look great, your progress is amazing, so don't let it get you down...I just try to tell myself that I wouldn't want a guy who thinks it's OK to just disappear with no explanation - that says a LOT about their character, and very little about anything you could have done wrong. Seems like people are always looking for the next best thing - they might think you are great, but maybe there is something greater. There are just too many options these days, that makes it hard. I swear that guys were much more committed and willing to settle down with me when I was in my early & mid 20's than they are now. I know what you're dealing with! :angry:

Yeah I'm not even that upset about this guy...was only 3 dates...and you're right if he thinks its ok to just disappear that's not what I want....just keeps happening. I think most of these guys are looking for just sex and when they realize it's going to take longer to get it than they want they bounce. I'm just not sure where to meet other guys lol

I think your right on this one.. looking for sex and your better than that .. .chalk it up in your favor.
  • tradaboie
    Options
    Be happy with yourself and happiness will find you! If the spark isn't there for both you and him, it's best to know now. Just don't go thinking there is something wrong with you just because some guy is to much an idiot to want to date you or man enough to say why not. You don't need someone who plays games like that.

As a single guy, I deal with the same from single women.

I understand when there is no spark....sometimes it's backwards and I'm the one just not interested...but I say so grrrrr.
  • Heartpath
    Heartpath Posts: 33
    Options
    All you can do is be the best you that you can be, to be satisfied with who you are and true to yourself. Be awesome in the way that is authentic to you. If you try to change yourself to please someone else, then that person isn't really dating you. He's dating some imaginary person you think he wants to date. Then, hold out for your match, for that person who sees and appreciates the genuine you and wants to be around her. If you date some guy who just fades away, that's his deal, not yours. He wasn't the right match. No commentary on you as a person, because you're living the life that you choose to live and that makes you happy to live, that you believe to be right. There are literally millions of people in the world who aren't a good match for each other, and that doesn't mean that there's anything wrong with any of them.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you have to kiss a lot of frogs:grumble: before one turns into a prince. :love:
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options

Went out for 2 dates and one lunch....no sex yet.

From what i know of guys...........they will not usually say they are not interested...........they will SHOW you they are not interested. Either by doing this dissapearing act, or giving you a reason to leave them. I've done it.
  • GB333
    GB333 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    We've ALL been there! You're not alone, girlie! Hang in there - it took me 31 years but I finally found one worth keeping (who also wanted to keep me). Met him on eHarmony, believe it or not! Hang in there! When he's the right one, you'll both know it! :flowerforyou: