Always single!

Options

Replies

• EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I feel like this too! But you know what I always get? We hang out, we have great sex, we have lots of fun.....then I get "I don't see myself being in a romantic relationship with you." Like I'm always good enough to have fun with....but I'm never good enough to be emotional with! I always get thrown to the friends category. "You are beautiful, fun, intelligent, an amazing lover....BUT" WHY IS THERE ALWAYS A BUT!!!!!!!!!! I'm beautiful, fun, intelligent, able to keep you sexually satisfied, independent, have a graduate degree, a stable career, my own place.....WHY IS THERE ALWAYS A BUT?!?!?!?!?!?!

My friends say and most of them are guys....that I intimidate men because I am so amazing. HOW IS THAT MY PROBLEM?!!?!?!?!?!:ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell:

Seems like it's that you give him what he wants without him needing to be in a "relationship" with you, thus letting him do what he wants with others as well.

Some people call those open relationships ;)

Yeah, I'm not own for open relationships. Maybe I need to set expectations earlier (I'm looking for a solid relationship), but even when I do that, it seems to make them think I'm moving too fast. IDK about others, but when I'm seeing someone multiple times a week, cooking for him, having sleep overs, talking every day....that seems to be turning into a relationship. If I like someone, I show it....but then they always turn around and say that's not what they want.

Honestly, I would say, " I am not trying to get ahead of myself, but if you are looking for a hook up or just sex, then you are not getting it here or I am not ready until......" Honestly, you will know how many are TRULY interested in you. It seems as though you are attracting the wrong type of men.
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I feel like this too! But you know what I always get? We hang out, we have great sex, we have lots of fun.....then I get "I don't see myself being in a romantic relationship with you." Like I'm always good enough to have fun with....but I'm never good enough to be emotional with! I always get thrown to the friends category. "You are beautiful, fun, intelligent, an amazing lover....BUT" WHY IS THERE ALWAYS A BUT!!!!!!!!!! I'm beautiful, fun, intelligent, able to keep you sexually satisfied, independent, have a graduate degree, a stable career, my own place.....WHY IS THERE ALWAYS A BUT?!?!?!?!?!?!

My friends say and most of them are guys....that I intimidate men because I am so amazing. HOW IS THAT MY PROBLEM?!!?!?!?!?!:ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell:

Seems like it's that you give him what he wants without him needing to be in a "relationship" with you, thus letting him do what he wants with others as well.

Some people call those open relationships ;)

Yeah, I'm not own for open relationships. Maybe I need to set expectations earlier (I'm looking for a solid relationship), but even when I do that, it seems to make them think I'm moving too fast. IDK about others, but when I'm seeing someone multiple times a week, cooking for him, having sleep overs, talking every day....that seems to be turning into a relationship. If I like someone, I show it....but then they always turn around and say that's not what they want.

Then they aren't into you.

And if you aren't ok with being the booty call then you should put a stop to that.
  • tradaboie
    tradaboie Posts: 132
    Options

Are women really that dependant on a man. What I mean is, if a guy likes you, then that's it for you? There's no filter on your side too? I find that pretty hard to believe, especially after what happened to me with my ex wife.

No sometimes I'm the one not feeling it...but I don't just disappear...I say we should just be friends.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    The right one for you will always appear when you are ready to commit to him. Be patient. He's out there. Don't throw yourself at someone who's just nice. Wait for the one who is IT!
  • ChaosMoosie
    ChaosMoosie Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about people who aren't alert enough to see who is standing in front of them. Be patient and good things will come your way soon enough.

Just don't push yourself into doing something you might regret. My son married a lady he thought he knew (he'd known her about 10 years and dated her for two). Three years later their marriage was annulled because the judge even recognized they didn't have a clue. They're both better off, but it was a very painful experience for my son - he was simply heart broken.

My kids were raised to dedicate their lives to their wives when they married. My oldest waited until he was 34 - youngest is now 31 and is again looking, but both of them work like 100 hours a week, so it will take a miracle for him to meet someone.

You can find someone who is trustworthy, loyal, honest and who will cherish you as a rare jewel. When you do, you'll know it. Then, assuming he deserves it, you do the same.

Fairy book tales do exist. You can live one.
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I think you are beautiful! and if you were closer (Houston) I would be one of those moms who sets you up on a date with her son. (he's just a little bit younger than you) LOL
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options

Are women really that dependant on a man. What I mean is, if a guy likes you, then that's it for you? There's no filter on your side too? I find that pretty hard to believe, especially after what happened to me with my ex wife.

No sometimes I'm the one not feeling it...but I don't just disappear...I say we should just be friends.

Some guys are spineless, I guess. You're better off.
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    You're an attractive young woman, and there are plenty of really great guys out there.
    not to sound goofy or corny, you might mix it up a bit -- pursue a new activity, maybe something you thought about and haven't tried.
    I think when men and women are having a good time it brings out the best in them and everyone just really shines.
  • tradaboie
    tradaboie Posts: 132
    Options
    I think you are beautiful! and if you were closer (Houston) I would be one of those moms who sets you up on a date with her son. LOL

LOL....That's awesome
  • amie0724
    amie0724 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    awww , I am sorry . Me too I am single . I am also hopeful that I will find that special guy that will give me butterflies when I think of him . I AM TOO PICKY! Anyway , all you can do is maybe ask them what was wrong , maybe they are not ready themselves to be in anything comitted
  • starcatcher1975
    starcatcher1975 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel with the always single. I get tired of feeling like the only single in a world full of doubles. I've been through so many crappy dates the last few years it's ridiculous. I've just resigned myself to the fact that even though everyone always says "there's someone out there", "it just takes time", "you'll find him eventually" (it's always people in relationships who say that, lol) some people are just going to be single. Most the time I'm fine with it but there are times and days when it would be wonderful to have someone around. But after a while, I guess you just get used to being single and you go on with your life as it is. But you're young and beautiful so I'm positive you'll find someone, and it'll probably be when you least expect it :)
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    Ugh....so I'm not sure what is wrong with me. But yet another guy just disappeared....Asked me out on a few dates....I thought they went well....all of a sudden the texts slow down and then nada. I just don't get it. Used to blame my weight....now I'm afraid its just me haha. Ugh...sorry just wanted to vent :(

Thats no good! Wish I could have an explaination for you.. its probably something irrational anyways that you are probably better of without him, if he didnt have the balls to tell you face to face. My guess, and sorry to say, is that you were probably filling in time for him. So just move on and find someone who makes time for you! Theres nothing wrong with the way you, you look great! Its just him being a douche!
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I hear ya there girl.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel better, women do the same thing as far as disappearing ;) and in the world of facebook you can watch their relationship status switch over to hooked up afterward and illuminate you as to why they disappeared.

Uh not for me, I just changed my relationship status from single to in a relationship with my bf's name linked into & after that, guys have been chatting or sending me messages that I'm pretty, blah blah blah & that they want me to be their gf. They didn't mind me when I was still single but now that I have somebody, suddenly they begin to appear from nowhere. I don't get it.

What I meant is you can date someone and then they disappear and then a few days later their facebook status changes over to in a relationship with some other guy and that tells you why they disappeared.

As to what you are talking about, yes ... that is something that happens a lot. People want what they can't have. Or at the very least want to **** you and then don't need to hang around because you're already with someone else so they can cut and run.

Yes you're right & that's very ridiculous. Truth is telling someone that you're not interested in his/her face is very difficult thing to do. We human beings are built to socialize & therefore its not easy to be vocal about your negative feelings which is why people just rather show it than to talk about it.
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    awww , I am sorry . Me too I am single . I am also hopeful that I will find that special guy that will give me butterflies when I think of him . I AM TOO PICKY! Anyway , all you can do is maybe ask them what was wrong , maybe they are not ready themselves to be in anything comitted

You have to be somewhat picky and know you are worth. If you expecting something you can't give also, ok that is being unreasonable.
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Age is only a thing if you let it be ;)

And guys are taught by the female species that nice guys are the ones you use as an emotional tampon. No guy wants to be labeled a nice guy. It's a death mark.
  • ChaosMoosie
    Options
    You are not alone. I am in the same boat as you. I've met too many *kitten* and because of that I have not gone out on a date in awhile...and I am ok with it. I figure he will come along at some point :)

Seems there are zero "good" guys left plus I get hit on by 21-24 yr olds or 70+ year olds. Never someone my own age :(

LOL!!! Gotta watch out for those 70+ year olds...
  • ChaosMoosie
    Options
    There are 'nice guys' and there are good men.

The trick is to recognize the diffence. Pick a good man and you'll never go wrong.
  • starcatcher1975
    starcatcher1975 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    lol@nice being the death mark. At my age I would LOVE to meet a nice guy! It's been so long since I've actually met a nice guy I'm not even sure I'd recognize one now.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. I am in the same boat as you. I've met too many *kitten* and because of that I have not gone out on a date in awhile...and I am ok with it. I figure he will come along at some point :)

Seems there are zero "good" guys left plus I get hit on by 21-24 yr olds or 70+ year olds. Never someone my own age :(

For me I would rather go with the 21-24 year old dudes than being with someone who is even older than your own grandfather. At least the younger ones makes you feel young.