has your "type" changed?

Options
_snw_
_snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
I was just asked the "what is your type?" question ...

and it stumped me. My canned answer I've had for most of my life is definately changed. I had to really stop and think about it.

Let's say whatever partner you had in your life right now was out of the story. And you had to write down your "type" (yes, i know it always depends, changes, etc, but try to think about if you ~had~ to come up with one "type") ...

... has it changed from the "type" you had always looked for before?

Replies

• j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    my type starts with an _ ends with a _ and has a snw in the middle
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    My type hasn't changed much in the last twelve or so years. I started falling for chunky tatted up dudes in my late teens, and that continued through adulthood. Then I started falling for more fit tatted up dudes (not ripped, just tall/broad)... and then I just started having a thing for tall/broad/big dudes, tats or not.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I used to only like thin girls, then I dated two overweight girls in a row and appreciated their beauty and really enjoyed the sex even though the relationships didn't quite work out. Of course, then I ended up with a relatively slim girl who I love to death. However, she used to be fat and it's nice to know if she ever gets fat again I will be totally cool with it. So, I guess my type didn't change, I just broadened my horizons.
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    my type starts with an _ ends with a _ and has a snw in the middle

hey!!! i fit that description, right? huh? huh? ~wink~wink~
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Not really... Always liked the bad-boy-underachievers. I'm even with one now, even though I didn't know it until I learned more about his younger years! LOL.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    If you mean from "fat" to skinny, then yup!

Oh wait, you were talking about our preferences in others??? Nope, I've always been a legs man (first noticed this draw when I was in 4th or 5th grade, i think). Still love the legs; but have refined it to include a myriad of other attributes.
  • taldie01
    taldie01 Posts: 378
    Options
    I was really into bad boys, then I realized they would eventually suck the life out of you, know mine is a shirt ironing, comic book reading, over organized funny guy. OMG I married a nerd, at least hes cute, and is organized! I love him for this. Hes still kind of a punk rocker but definately a lil nerdy, thats why I love him.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I really look for one very important quality.......OK 2, a pulse and a mouth
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I thought my ex-bf was my type.. But I was wrong or tricked (depends on how you look at it) But I think my type has always been the same but it does vary. I just haven't really met anyone like that IRL but I have here on MFP. But as I get older, my type is slightly changing.
  • DAMNCHARLIE
    DAMNCHARLIE Posts: 569
    Options
    My" type" used to be very dark skin, bald (Tupac & Tyrese), thats when I was in my late teens. Since I have dated damn near everyone under the sun. So to me as long as he has good hygiene, treats me well......a must and has as much as I have and striving for more, thats my type we can kick it. Paul Walker, Idris Elba totally different looks I want them both. No type.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    My type used to be:

Older (by at least several years)
    Shorter (doesn't take much - I'm 5'10")
    Dark hair
    Light eyes
    Chest hair
    Bubble butt
    Big hands
    Chubby

Now, I think the chest hair and the big hands are still on my list, and I definitely wouldn't be attracted to someone younger than me, but they wouldn't have to be THAT old and I could care less about the height. Also, I think someone physically active is a definite MUST at this point.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    My type has never wavered and never will becuase it can encompass any physical attributes. You see my type is crazy.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I used to be attracted to men... but now I'm attracted to boobs. :tongue:
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options

Me too. :)
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Absolutely...I dated Italian guys (darker, Sicilian type looks) almost exclusively for most of my life, then ended up married to one of the whitest white-boys in town...and I wouldn't trade him for anyone else :laugh:
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options

^ She's on my friends list, and I am happy. =)
  • supermom2002
    supermom2002 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    nope. i always go for the *kitten*. all shapes and sizes.

maybe it's time i think about changing my "type"
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    No. I've always preferred chicks with big racks and I still do.
  • Qatsi
    Qatsi Posts: 2,191 Member
    Options
    My tastes haven't changed that much. My problem is that I'm too darn picky - I'm holding out for someone who can put up with ME. :ohwell:
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    My type changed the day I met my husband. Always like tall, broad, dark haired, light eyed, clean (no smoking, drinking) guys. My husband is 1" taller than me (I'm 5'9"), blond, grey eyes, and fit but definately not broad. Plus when we first met he smoked like a chimney and drank like a fish and I would consider him a bad boy (flavor of the week type of guy...). Now he's no longer a smoker, had a few beers on the weekend and that's it, loving father and husband, and I've been his only flavor for 12 years! :) I love a reformed bad boy! :):)