has your "type" changed?

Options

Replies

• yessiseguy
    yessiseguy Posts: 116
    Options
    My boyfriends were all the same type. Soccer players, nice bod and overall fun. However, I always knew my husband would be my real husband type. And to me my husband type was smart, a man (not a guy type), and successful. So my type never changed. It was consistent with my age! LOL
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    definitely. I don't care for the bad boy look anymore. Tattoos are no longer an automatic turn on. Not everyone can pull off that look, some of them just tend to look trashy. And, I have noticed that I check out older guys WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY more than younger now.

It's pretty odd.
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Mine hasn't a whole lot. My 'type' is mainly based on personality. There is one physical type I'm not keen on, but ultimately the attraction has always been to personality from a very wide range of physical builds.

I still go for the same personality. The emotional, caring type rather than those who are loud, brash or macho. I'm overly 'mature', and I like my guys to be a little more serious, to have interests beyond drinking, sport and working out, and to focus on being happy. That's still the same, and it's one side of my fiancé (though I think I've changed him. He also used to love drinking and gambling, and has cut down on those a lot).

I know your original question said not to include our other half, but I'm going to make mention of it so far as to say that where his weight in the past made him incredibly attractive to me and nothing else, now that I'm healthier I find it negative in a long-term partner - not physically, purely for the life we have together.

I suppose my type has changed so far as it's more important now for people to have some 'get up and go', a goal or aspiration, a hobby or something that gets them out of the house and can be classed as an interest. In the past, as long as someone had the personality I found attractive them sitting on the sofa eating pizza all day didn't bother me. I still love my fiancé just as much, but my heart skips a beat that little bit more when he decides we should walk, says he wants to go for a game of golf and asks if I can give him a lift, or tells me he's made plans to do a bit of home repair/gardening.
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I used to be attracted to men... but now I'm attracted to boobs. :tongue:

Haha same here...well I'm still primarily all about men.

Tall, dark features and funny. There isn't much else to it.
  • Nikkei24
    Nikkei24 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Yea I have never had a "type". I went all over the board. All different races, sizes, body types. I usually was friends with them first than ended up liking them. Never anything serious until the guy I am with now. I just was always looking for a guy who treated me & loved me as well as my dad treats and loves my mom.
  • kanmuri
    kanmuri Posts: 112
    Options
    Mine has changed. I used to be all about Asian guys, even married one. Now that I'm getting a divorce I'm going back to my original type: Tall, bleu or green eyes, and dark hair. I also see to have developped a taste for redheads, which I would never have considered before.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    My type has never wavered and never will becuase it can encompass any physical attributes. You see my type is crazy.
    That's my husband's type too.
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Nope, still attracted to the same type I've always been attracted too!
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    My type?

Hmmmmmmmmm. At my age, I want someone who's:

Got a good sense of humor.
    Has ambition.
    Likes to laugh.
    Doesn't drink TOO much ( was married to an alcoholic and chemical abuser.......no, no, no, never again!)
    Doesn't expect me to be Suzy Homemaker (sorry.......done with that.)

Looks don't matter as much, weight isn't all that important, hair? Well, if he HAS SOME, that's cool, but it's not necessary :glasses:

lol...........gadz, I'm old!
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options

this is why we are friends, isn't it? you ♥ my bewbs.
  • DAM_Fine
    DAM_Fine Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    This man has been my type for 40 years - don't think its going to change any time soon.
    Mmmmmmine-1.jpg
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    How about men with boobs?
  • Nikkei24
    Nikkei24 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    hawt!
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    My type hasn't really changed......the only thing that changed is that I became the type of guy more woman want. Losing weight was the best thing ever lol
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options

this is why we are friends, isn't it? you ♥ my bewbs.

This is true.... and the fact that you have awesome tattoos to go along with your bewbs.. is a PLUS! :bigsmile:
  • brittanylock09
    brittanylock09 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    My" type" used to be very dark skin, bald (Tupac & Tyrese), thats when I was in my late teens. Since I have dated damn near everyone under the sun. So to me as long as he has good hygiene, treats me well......a must and has as much as I have and striving for more, thats my type we can kick it. Paul Walker, Idris Elba totally different looks I want them both. No type.
    ]

Paul Walker is to die for!
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options

That would be moobs... and moobs are not hott.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I like smart, geeky guys. That's one thing that never changed, and likely never will. Thankfully, I've learned that geeky doesn't have to be Howard Wolowitz, who could have been based off my first boyfriend, mother and all. :embarassed:
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Nope, I've always preferred white guys.

Although I've never really been into bald guys and now that's all I'm dating, it seems. :bigsmile:
  • EvEboEvie
    EvEboEvie Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I. LOVE. NERDS. I married one. Just my luck, he's also 6'2" with broad shoulders ;-)