has your "type" changed?

Options

Replies

• Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    The type I am attracted to has always been different from the type I actually dated.
    I've always loved athletic builds, but never had the confidence to date them (being a chunky monkey).

When I realized that I was holding myself back because of my own insecurities about my size and fitness level, I came back here and will remain. Today is my 65th day. I hope to add 300 days to that, and lose the insecurities about my abilities to catch and satisfy a man whom I find attractive physically and mentally.
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I really look for one very important quality.......OK 2, a pulse and a mouth

i think you are being a little too picky
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Nope, mine had been the same pretty much forever: intellectual, dark hair, stubble, creative, honest... ^_^
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    I used to be attracted to men... but now I'm attracted to boobs. :tongue:

Me too. :)

Same here!
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Low self esteem, submissive, daddy issues. Mmmhmmm :noway:
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Yep. I used to use Calibri. Now I use Arial Narrow.

I prefer Comic Sans MS myself.

Comic Sans MS is my fav!
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    I was just asked the "what is your type?" question ...

and it stumped me. My canned answer I've had for most of my life is definately changed. I had to really stop and think about it.

Let's say whatever partner you had in your life right now was out of the story. And you had to write down your "type" (yes, i know it always depends, changes, etc, but try to think about if you ~had~ to come up with one "type") ...

... has it changed from the "type" you had always looked for before?

Female. And no, it hasn't changed.
  • MrsNoir
    MrsNoir Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Nopes, I always wanted them taller than me (not hard as I'm only 5ft 4") and slim but fit and with long hair. Never thought about the age or anything but analyzing my two main relationships I had I can say that my type was and still is

older guys (7 years apart with my ex) and (13 years apart with my hubby)
    Brown hair
    pale complexion
    green eyes
    and of a quiet character, hardly talk at all with other people but obviously they talked with me
    both happened to be capricorn too, my ex I met one day before his birthday and he invited me to his birthday, my husband I had met once even before I met my ex and liked him but never knew more about him after that summer, but he found me online just one day before his birthday.. isn't it that weird? who knows!:)
  • leannems
    leannems Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Going solely on looks - my type has been the same since grade school and only slightly changed.

Boys with long and/or red hair

I lovingly blame David Bowie in the labyrinth (I believe my childhood thought process was "WHAT is that in his pants and why do I like it so much??") and Eric Stoltz.

Slight changes - add in tattoos, and redhair no longer has gender. Hello Christina Hendricks!
  • FitLink
    Options
    I used to be attracted to men... but now I'm attracted to boobs. :tongue:

Me too. :)

Love me some boobies! Was never attracted to men, though...
  • FitLink
    Options
    My type has never wavered and never will becuase it can encompass any physical attributes. You see my type is crazy.
    That's my husband's type too.

LOL You're funny!
  • FitLink
    Options
    My type has changed very much over the past two years.

It used to be: jerks.

Then at my highest weight it was: male.

Now it's: tall, skinny white boys. usually relatively grungey or emo looking with a lesbian haircut.

WTF is a "lesbian haircut?"
  • DAM_Fine
    DAM_Fine Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Juston Beiber's hair? :laugh:
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options

Now it's: tall, skinny white boys. usually relatively grungey or emo looking with a lesbian haircut.

https://www.google.com/search?q=lesbian+haircut&hl=en&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS468US468&prmd=imvns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&ei=8tdwT_zHJKjjiALArJmxDA&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CAwQ_AUoAQ&biw=1600&bih=799
  • FitLink
    Options
    Nope. Breathing still works for me.
    Probably a good thing, since necrophilia is generally frowned upon.

And any day now I expect we'll see Rick Santorum saying that if we allow same sex marriage pretty soon people will want to be marrying dead people...
  • FitLink
    Options
    Juston Beiber's hair? :laugh:

Really?!? I've been an out lesbian, active in the gay community, for close to 35 years and I've never met a lesbian with a haircut like Justin Bieber's!
  • FitLink
    Options

https://www.google.com/search?q=lesbian+haircut&hl=en&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS468US468&prmd=imvns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&ei=8tdwT_zHJKjjiALArJmxDA&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CAwQ_AUoAQ&biw=1600&bih=799

Well, just LOOK at the variety! And I wonder if Leonard Nimoy knows Spock has a lesbian haircut! LOL
  • xonashwaox
    xonashwaox Posts: 108
    Options
    Tall White Tattooed rides a dirt bike drives a lifted truck drinks Coors camps in the desert yep that's my type and until about 5 years ago it wasn't all of that but it is now!!
  • theleftie
    theleftie Posts: 366
    Options
    For me - outward physical appearance is important, but secondary to: emotional stability, sense of humor, attitude, openness, compassion, forward - bordering on aggressive, intelligence......

For me that hasn't changed - but, as I get older - I do recognize beauty in many more formats than I did as a horny 22 year old kid.

So - I didn't really answer. Damn.
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Shorter women (5'6" and under preferably)
    Dark hair (never really liked blondes)
    Average sized chest (as long as they are real)
    Big butt
    A little chunky/curvy all over
    Thicker legs (cannot stand rail thin legs)
    Slightly darker skin (tanned white/latina)
    Good complexion

Been that way as long as I can remember, except for a stint where I had a huge crush on a blone in junior high. Only difference is that I am more ok with even heavier women than I was when I was younger. I'd much rather be with an overweight woman than an underweight woman.