Non - Scale Victories (NSV) - care to share?

Options

Replies

• Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I went shopping for some nice shorts to be able to wear to work. I went from a size 28-30 to a 20-22!!!!
  • JWmovin4ward
    JWmovin4ward Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Having to go clothes shopping cause nothing fits!! :bigsmile:
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I've had many NSV's. But my absolute favorite so far is that I no longer have sleep apnea and dont have to use a CPAP machine anymore! Also, just bought bathing suits for the summer that is 10 sizes smaller than last summer is another great one!
  • GLJezebel
    GLJezebel Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I have 2:

My daughter saw me at a party and didn't recognize me from the back.

My mom is giving me clothes.
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    No need to use the bra extender anymore!
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I've had many NSV's. But my absolute favorite so far is that I no longer have sleep apnea and dont have to use a CPAP machine anymore! Also, just bought bathing suits for the summer that is 10 sizes smaller than last summer is another great one!

Holy crud! TEN sizes??? Way to go! :) Same for the sleep apnea. That is some scary stuff.
  • holly3585
    holly3585 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    recently went to the Dr. (been waaaaay to long) and when they brought me to the back and walked me up to the scale I got excited and not bummed for the 1st time EVER!! *this part i suppose IS a scale victory* and when she said the final number I swear I was so happy I squeeked :drinker: A pound lower than I thought!!
  • emczech5
    emczech5 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    recently went to the Dr. (been waaaaay to long) and when they brought me to the back and walked me up to the scale I got excited and not bummed for the 1st time EVER!! *this part i suppose IS a scale victory* and when she said the final number I swear I was so happy I squeeked :drinker: A pound lower than I thought!!

A pound lower than you thought? That's great, especially since those scales at the doctor's office tend to be high.
  • annahiven
    annahiven Posts: 185
    Options
    Bought a Catholic Schoolgirl outfit for, eh... "extra-curricular activities". Was sure that "one size fits all" wasn't gonna fit me.

And it did. Yowza! :wink:
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I have a jaw line!
  • shawn46106
    shawn46106 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Around a month ago i had to go out and buy about 4 pairs of pants because my old ones were way to big. Then just a week or so ago I had to pull the belt one notch tighter. NSV's!
  • Missi3601
    Missi3601 Posts: 264
    Options
    ok so mine is kind of odd for some....
    1st NSV was walking a mile
    2nd- Jogging on the treadmill
    3rd- burning 1000 calories in ONE workout
    4th- seeing my feet when looking down at the scale and not having to suck in my gut!

Hopefully I will have a lot more as well!
  • anewme1202
    anewme1202 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I bought a leather jacket 2 years ago on the advice of 2 friends, but I didn't feel 100% comfortable in it as you could see my gut when I tried to zip it up. I thought, no biggie, I can lose 10 lbs and it will fit. The 10 pounds never came. Now the jacket did zip up (and I use the term "zip" loosely as I could barely breathe and my chest was screaming to be let out haha) It's been in my closet the whole time (tags still on) and I tried it on yesterday just for the heck of it ... IT FIT!!! I screamed with joy.

I also grabbed a cute denim skirt out of my closet and it fit (even a little loose.) I wore it to work today and got so many compliments on it.

If those 2 things didn't make my day ... today we were celebrating a co-workers birthday - we bought these delectable cupcakes (to die for, not even kidding) and I passed them up. I used to eat 2 of them in one sitting... sugar high and wasted calories that I didn't need. I lasted the whole day and didn't cave.
  • michaelsgirl1210
    michaelsgirl1210 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Today was the first time since my baby was born (2 1/2 years ago!) that I bought clothes from the Misses' instead of Plus section of my favorite local store. Everything fit and some were a little loose!
  • dogacreek
    dogacreek Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    My husband has worn the same size jeans for the past 10 years or so. He is retired and washed a load of jeans yesterday. I came home and went to fold my jeans and items from the dryer. I asked him what happend to my new pair of jeans and he just looked at me. He had folded them and put them up with his other pairs!!! He said that he thought they looked "funny" ... s-u-r-e sweetheart. :laugh:
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    This past weekend I ran two 5ks, and ran them both in under 30 minutes! This is my best time yet! And then on Monday, I hit my longest distance yet at 8.71 miles!
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    I can do a buttload of jumping jacks without stopping! :) My endurance increases weekly, it's awesome. :happy:

Also, I log every day, even on "bad" days. I know these changes are permanent, because before "bad" days turned into weeks, months, years... i.e., giving up. Not anymore!!
  • Trishajac
    Trishajac Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I can do a buttload of jumping jacks without stopping! :) My endurance increases weekly, it's awesome. :happy:

Also, I log every day, even on "bad" days. I know these changes are permanent, because before "bad" days turned into weeks, months, years... i.e., giving up. Not anymore!!

Good for you!! I too am logging good and bad days.... fool no one but myself otherwise.... I also agree that the bad days are also that for me - a day... (or two).... and getting back on track is much easier! :happy:
  • hotmamastone
    Options
    New PR's in the weight room two weeks in a row!
  • Trishajac
    Trishajac Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Grilled a porkchop (4.7 oz) this evening for supper and baked a medium potatoe in the microwave.... It was very filling....

I remember when I could EASILY chow down a couple of porkchops!! loving the changes in my eating habits...

:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!