Non - Scale Victories (NSV) - care to share?

Options

Replies

• Trishajac
    Trishajac Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Logging my food intake and seeing the calories makes me more aware of what I eat. I was up north for the weekend and went grocery shopping. I had a package of chocolate fudge cupcakes in my hand and I watched as my hand put the cupcakes in my cart.

I then decided that eating those cupcakes would make my calorie count go up way to high and I still had to eat dinner. I took them out of my cart because I didn't even want to know the nutritional value and would have hated logging it.

Excellent - logging does make you more aware!
  • Trishajac
    Trishajac Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    would love to have a THUMBS UP button.... I could click that for every entry!

the people who share here are AWESOME and INSPIRING!

Thanks so much!! :flowerforyou:
  • randomnennie
    randomnennie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Jeans that fit me a month ago are now SUPER baggy today. Even though the scale doesn't show a difference, other things do! :)
  • MsALMill
    MsALMill Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My prior students coming up to me in the hallway and telling me there is something different about me, other than the hair cut, and they just can't figure out what.
  • MsALMill
    MsALMill Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Amen to this! I was able to go through my closet and find clothes I haven't worn in over a year to wear and had to take them up because they were to big for me.
  • Amber50lbsDown
    Amber50lbsDown Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Today I am wearing one of my own T-shirts. its kind of form fitting and its not my SOs. yay for wearing girl clothes again!!!!
  • kvan64
    kvan64 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Same thing with the bath towel happened to me this morning! Feels Good! Made me smile to myself
  • deniseselah
    deniseselah Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    had a friend who hadn't seen me for a few weeks ask if I'd lost weight :smile:
  • mexy04
    mexy04 Posts: 96
    Options
    Eating smaller meals. Eating only what I serve and stopping there.
  • cellokitty91
    cellokitty91 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Two pounds up but 1 inch down in my waist as of today ^.^
  • lidybug1984
    lidybug1984 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    A blouse that I couldn't even begin to button when I began my weight loss journey now buttons all the way up and is incredibly baggy!!!! It's an awesome feeling :)
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    I have a bunch of old clothes from when I was a teenager and in the mid to lower 200s that stopped fitting but I never tossed because I liked them. The other day I was going through a box of said clothes to see if anything fit and sure enough plenty did and some were even baggy! The workout pants I bought not quite two months ago that were tight when I bought them are now as baggy as my old pants. I have a Deuce brand watch (it's a silicone-rubber watch) that I had to buy in a smaller band size two months ago and the new size was tight. Yesterday I could pull the band away from my wrist and fit a penny in the gap.
  • Sweet_Pea_82
    Sweet_Pea_82 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I used to hate to sweat, I mean, really hated it. It would make me feel like a fatso, dirty, disgusting person. Today, after my workout (gotta love weights!!) I was getting ready to shower (b/c I MUST after a workout) and I looked in the mirror and there I am, red faced and sweating and for the first time, I smiled at myself. Never done that before. So now, I'm going to view sweat as my bodies way of saying, "Awesome workout: good job!" I think I like that....
    :happy:
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    1. Ran at 5.5 for 6 minutes straight.

2. Discovered my scale I've been using for the past month gives the same number no matter what you put on it. i.e. it's busted. Tossed it and didn't care.
  • HarleyQuinn_12
    HarleyQuinn_12 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Today, my friend brought cupcakes for the pre-game gathering. I passed them up. As a girl who loves cupcakes...that is huge and It felt good too!
  • MissC787
    MissC787 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Not paying a dime to lose the 18lbs I have lost since April 6th. After seeing my SIL pay nearly $130.00 for fat burner injections, B-12 injections, and diet pills that depressed her. Only to see her lose 6lbs.
  • nessa786
    nessa786 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    The other night when I was changing my son on the floor, and when I got up, I didnt have to hold on to anything for help =)
  • nessa786
    nessa786 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I used to hate to sweat, I mean, really hated it. It would make me feel like a fatso, dirty, disgusting person. Today, after my workout (gotta love weights!!) I was getting ready to shower (b/c I MUST after a workout) and I looked in the mirror and there I am, red faced and sweating and for the first time, I smiled at myself. Never done that before. So now, I'm going to view sweat as my bodies way of saying, "Awesome workout: good job!" I think I like that....
    :happy:
    I once heard a trainer say, "No pain, no gain, BUT no sweat lost means no fat lost" =)
  • hoppinfroggin22
    hoppinfroggin22 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I can fit into some new shorts that I had bought last month that were too small!! yea me!!
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Being smaller than my husband:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!