Non - Scale Victories (NSV) - care to share?

Options

Replies

• BigMike915
    BigMike915 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Had a couple this week.

1st- I needed some new shorts because all mine were falling off me. I went to the store to try some on, and ended up buying a size 38. I was in a 46 (tight) when I started. I couldn't believe it. I haven't been in that size since I was in middle school. Also I haven't been able to buy pants/shorts in a regular store for over 5 years. I was always to fat and to tall. All the stores sold were short lengths for big guys.

2nd- Yesterday I was searching my closest and come across a shirt I had bought 4-5 years ago. It was way to tight when I bought it. I tried it on and now it's a little big on me.
  • pogojr
    pogojr Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My co-worker, who in on this life change with me, told me I need to go shopping! (now only if the money tree would start dropping - might try and journey to GoodWill this week).
  • katekizm
    katekizm Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Walking two blocks with a very full duffel bag & I'm not out of breath & sweaty!
  • teesams21
    teesams21 Posts: 20
    Options
    I agree , this was one of the first things I had happen to me when I realized what a NSV was
  • carwen62
    carwen62 Posts: 7
    Options
    This weekend my friend said I looked like I had lost weight since she saw me last. That was only a week ago! Thanks, D!
  • ajcamber
    ajcamber Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have been doing MFP for 30 days and I wore my favorite sundress yesterday without spanx to shrink me down
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I fit into size 6 jeans now from a size 22!

Amazing and inspiring! I'm down from a 24 to 12, so I look forward to catching up to you!

I had a new NSV moment today... I have to push my boobs out of the way to see my belly LOL
  • meggy_182
    meggy_182 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Managing to curb my addiction to diet coke! I was drinking 3 or 4 cans a day, and wondered why i was so bloated. I haven't drank a diet coke for 2 weeks :D
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    According to my wife I have stopped snoring completely. An NSV for her I guess. :wink:
  • sheschemes
    sheschemes Posts: 67
    Options
    A dress shirt I've had for years is no longer tight around my upper arms!
  • jessicaacampbell1
    jessicaacampbell1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fiona2785
    fiona2785 Posts: 82
    Options

^^^ You. Are. AMAZING!
  • terewilliams
    terewilliams Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    My boobs stick our futher than my stomach!

Oh Yeah!
  • meechi53
    meechi53 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Some clothes I wore at this weight before are now too big...must be the working out, clothes I wore nicely when I was 10-15 lbs less than I am now (on the way to my first goal) fit me now nicely. I have a whole new wardrobe again!
  • dogacreek
    dogacreek Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    We were in a Harley dealership Saturday and went to buy matching shirts. Hubby said to get him a medium and I picked up a large for me. I figured if I couldn't wear it right now, then I probably could in a month or so. Well.......guess whose medium was too tight and who it did fit!!!! I almost did a happy dance in front of hubby, but he was not in a good mood because his stomach was "swollen". LOL
  • normatus
    normatus Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    buying a pair of workout pants this saturday with only 1 x in them!
  • helenprimorac
    Options
    Logging my food intake and seeing the calories makes me more aware of what I eat. I was up north for the weekend and went grocery shopping. I had a package of chocolate fudge cupcakes in my hand and I watched as my hand put the cupcakes in my cart.

I then decided that eating those cupcakes would make my calorie count go up way to high and I still had to eat dinner. I took them out of my cart because I didn't even want to know the nutritional value and would have hated logging it.
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    My OH has stopped complaining that my snoring kept him awake again.
    At my Pilates class this morning the person behind me said they could see I had a waist.
    :-) x 2
  • Trishajac
    Trishajac Posts: 482 Member
    Options

Amazing - Congratulations!!
  • Trishajac
    Trishajac Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Had a couple this week.

1st- I needed some new shorts because all mine were falling off me. I went to the store to try some on, and ended up buying a size 38. I was in a 46 (tight) when I started. I couldn't believe it. I haven't been in that size since I was in middle school. Also I haven't been able to buy pants/shorts in a regular store for over 5 years. I was always to fat and to tall. All the stores sold were short lengths for big guys.

2nd- Yesterday I was searching my closest and come across a shirt I had bought 4-5 years ago. It was way to tight when I bought it. I tried it on and now it's a little big on me.

Way to go!! love shopping in my closet! you are inspiring!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!