Non - Scale Victories (NSV) - care to share?

Options

Replies

• Trishajac
    Trishajac Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    My NSV is pretty hilarious and maybe some girls on here can relate. I have been losing weight very slowly but I've noticed that if I stand up straignt with my legs shoulder width apart...my thighs don't touch anymore!!!!! WOOHOO!!!

can't wait for that one!! :happy:
  • nicolejanine87
    Options
    I can do the entire warmup and the first two rounds of insanity without taking a break! And I lost 6 inches throughout my body, 1 inch of which was at my waist and my husband has noticed :)
  • heatherterp
    heatherterp Posts: 239
    Options
    Water intake will help your skin!
  • LS7301853
    LS7301853 Posts: 16
    Options
    I put a dollar in the vending machine today and pushed the return change button without buying a thing.

I didn't have to unbutton my pants when I went to the restroom...weird I know.
  • momjmd
    momjmd Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Some may not understand but as a diabetic, we are measured by our A1C- and mine has dropped an entire point (from 7 to 6) in the past 6 months!!! Wanting to get it down to 5 so I can try going off of some of my meds!
  • lovemycakes
    Options
    I thought I was the only one that wanted to achieve that goal.
  • lidybug1984
    lidybug1984 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Wearing a dress that is a size smaller to work for the first time :)
  • tyoung4
    tyoung4 Posts: 30
    Options
    this may sound silly, but a regular size bath towel able to fit around me with no gap :) It feels good!!

Yes! I do that also !
  • Micahroni84
    Micahroni84 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I couldn't walk up my stairs without getting winded 3 weeks ago. Today I can run for 5 minutes without stopping.
  • Trishajac
    Options
    :flowerforyou: bump
  • Emv79
    Emv79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    - It's still surprising every day to me that I fit in clothes that I could not have fit in even when I was 15 (I'm now a size 4/6).
    - Every time I run (well, even the fact I can now run...) and can go faster for longer

Recent one:
    - I weight train with a personal trainer 3 times a week since January. He decides on the weights for any given exercise and since I'm focussed on just getting the job done, I sometimes don't notice how heavy I lift. Well, I crossed 2 other personal trainers at my gym yesterday and they came over to me and both said : "You're a machine! Heard about the impressive job you did with the deadlifts Wednesday. You're lifting heavier than all the girls we both train and even half of the guys!". I was really surprised that my trainer felt the need to boast about my performance and it made me proud...but I was also feeling a bit stupid as I still have no clue how much weight I lifted. Note to self: ask my trainer on Monday :)
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I can finally run (this is a huge one for me)
    and on vacation every morning my husband and I worked out before we started the day. It felt great!!!
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Starting to try on clothes for warmer weather... some items are loose.... some I would even call...."too big"... Yippee!
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    My cankles have finally reduced to allow me to wear my first ever pair of Gladiator sandals (WOOT!), and my pants are falling off :-)
  • lacensuch
    lacensuch Posts: 36
    Options
    Going shopping in my closet! I found a pair of gap jeans that I haven't worn in quite a while and I put them on yesterday and they zipped up easily. YAY for me! I like having to retire clothes because they are too big rather than too small!
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    OMG I thought I was the only one that did this with the towel. Too funny!! Today was the first time I realized I was able to cross my legs comfortably also. How silly is that?

Not silly at all! I've been so embarrassed, sitting in meetings at work, not knowing whether to sit without my legs crossed (making me feel more self-conscious about my stomach) or to cross my legs (requiring me to physically pull my leg to get it to cross properly)...I felt doomed either way!

Other NSVs: my clothes fitting comfortably, almost too big. Friends, coworkers, and family noticing the loss. Going grocery shopping and feeling good about what I bought. Choosing a Lean Cuisine or pre-made salad as my "fast food" instead of burgers and fries. Being able to exercise without feeling like I'm like dying.

A backwards NSV: saw a photo of myself recently- at first I was devastated- I looked huge even though I had lost 20 lbs at that point. BUT then I realized- I'm fixing that- I'm not there yet but I KNOW I will get there. I can't become slender overnight so there's no point in beating myself up over a bad picture. All I can do is keep going and use that as motivation not to go back to how I was. Just being able to THINK positively like that was a big step for me.
  • Trishajac
    Options
    @ Moxie 42 "then I realized- I'm fixing that- I'm not there yet but I KNOW I will get there."

Great attitude!! thanks for sharing!
  • lacensuch
    lacensuch Posts: 36
    Options
    Well it's kind of a scale so I hope this will count. About 1.5 years ago I bought a Wii thinking I would use it at home to exercise (HAH). I measured on the Wii balance board for the Wii Fit. I played with for a couple of months and then put it away from non use. I decided to put it out again yesterday and stepped on the board. It took me through my measurements (BMI - ugh and weight) and it told me that I had lots 17 pounds since my last weigh in! WOW Imagine that! I'm further along than when I started.....or should I say.....I didn't realize I had gone that far up in weight.
  • Trishajac
    Options
    bump :flowerforyou:

really great NSV's here... care to share?
  • KarensCanDoIt
    KarensCanDoIt Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    :blushing: this is kind of a weird one. My napkin kept falling to the floor at lunch today. I realized that over the years I had fallen into the habit of tucking my napkin under my belly to keep it in place. Today I realized that I don't have enough flab there to hold my napkin in place. :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!