Non - Scale Victories (NSV) - care to share?

Options

Replies

• Suz_w8loss
    Suz_w8loss Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    being able to run for 3 miles without stopping, going clothes shopping in my closet for old clothes that now fit. Having co-workers comment and notice my weight loss.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    7434194_1237.jpg

See the white tie on those pants? 3mos before this picture was taken...THAT was my waistline. Seriously...that tie was tied tight.

I've still never retied it.
  • fitoverfat
    fitoverfat Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My kids have started telling people that their mommy is a runner. :happy:

This just about made me tear up. You go girl!
  • wendolene17
    Options
    Whoops.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Definitely for me it's fitness levels!! I was a college athlete.. I had a knee injury, ended my activity and put on like 55 lbs. Strong feels good :)
  • KarensCanDoIt
    KarensCanDoIt Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I can get in and out of my car without experiencing hip pain anymore. I can walk quite a good distance without leg/hip pain either. Also, I went shopping last weekend and bought pants that were two sizes smaller that what I was wearing in February.
  • Travelfixer
    Travelfixer Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I was trying on clothes to go on vacation, my favorite capris from last year hung off me! So I thought I'll try on the rail of jeans I've not been able to get into for years, they all fit including the smaller ones, 2 skirts it, not worn those for at least 3 years, ad finally fit in a size 10 skirt I wore in 2004 ( not worn since 2004). Only 26 more pounds to go!
  • Travelfixer
    Travelfixer Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I had to keep pulling up my underwear while I was working out this morning, and my workout pants I was wearing were so loose they no longer contained my jiggle. They will be washed and put right in the giveaway pile!

I had to do that with my sweats yesterday lol, every time I went from walking to running on the treadmill I had to keep hitching them up :-)
  • Trishajac
    Trishajac Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Amazing stories on the NSV's..... Keep on sharing - the motivation gained from reading the great stories is AWESOME! :flowerforyou:
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I got a new 1 rep PB for the back squat on Tuesday night of 97.5kg (215lb)... I am sooooo close to breaking the 100kg mark!
  • calgarychick2012
    calgarychick2012 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    :smile: I just went to visit family in the states and for the first time in quite a few years I did not need a seat belt extender on the plane. I could actually tighten the belt yahoo
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Today marks the first time I have run over 50 miles in one month!

And the month isn't even over yet. I should hit at least 55 before it's all said and done. I never thought I would be able to say that.
  • long4theocean
    long4theocean Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Not having one single cookie for 28 days!
  • sheschemes
    Options
    I thought of another one! I'm down to 1 energy drink a week instead of 1 a day!
  • KWake1
    KWake1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I have another!! My 6 year old gave me a hug and said mommy I can hug you better now :)

LOVE!!!!!
  • workingitout2012
    Options
    1) I just resisted eating a delicious berry pannacotta.
    2) after 3 weeks of eating well & exercising I can now easily wake up at 5am to exercise instead of rolling out of bed like a zombie at 7.30 for an 8.15am start at work.
  • kurenaikumo
    kurenaikumo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Fitting into this pair of shorts I couldn't button a month ago...
  • queenofbabble
    Options
    BUMP!

These are soo motivational when your having a down day. It helps so much to take the time and appreciate the little victories! :) Good job to everyone and their NSV's :):)
  • Trishajac
    Trishajac Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    BUMP!

These are soo motivational when your having a down day. It helps so much to take the time and appreciate the little victories! :) Good job to everyone and their NSV's :):)

I agree!! so good to read, aren't they?!
  • kriskaryl
    kriskaryl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    The beautiful white size 6 jeans I just bought last week for this summer season are too big and I kept pulling them up all day at work. I made an off-hand comment about my pants falling down and one of the guys said he wouldn't mind if that happened...lol...made me think maybe I am looking better. I've gone from 244lbs to 141lbs in 9 months and size 20-22 jeans to size 6(?) in that time.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!