Non - Scale Victories (NSV) - care to share?

Replies

• LinsenNRoses
    LinsenNRoses Posts: 284 Member
    this may sound silly, but a regular size bath towel able to fit around me with no gap :) It feels good!!

That was the first thing that made me so happy with my lifestyle change!!!
  • insights2
    insights2 Posts: 52 Member
    I put on a blouse one day this week that I hadn't worn since fall. It's a fairly fitted cut. Not only was it loose, it was almost sloppy looking it was so loose. I can remember being concerned in the fall that it would gap at the buttons because it was too tight. I'm seeing my numbers going down, but this was kind of a lightbulb moment for me abut how much has really changed.
  • Yesterday my father in law noticed I had lost weight, he is the first person other than my husband to notice :happy:
  • kmillers
    kmillers Posts: 144 Member
    I teach in aninner-city school and one of my former students said to me as I walked into another teacher's classroom "Wow, your head is too big for your body" and another student said "Yeah, your so skinny, you look like your on drugs". Apparently that is their way of saying I lost weight. Hurray! Last year, they asked me if I was pregnant.
  • Lyndseed
    Lyndseed Posts: 79 Member
    Series of related NSV's last week:

-during a stressful day at work, I thought, "I can't wait to get to Zumba, that will make me feel better..." rather than, "I can't wait to pour a glass of wine, sit my butt down, & turn on the tv..."
    -when I got home from work and was trying to run right back out the door to the gym--realizing none of my newer workout pants were clean, because I've worked out 5 days in a row!
    -then putting on an old pair of yoga pants for Zumba, and then having to hike them up every minute or two during class, because they're WAY too big on me now. It was a bit annoying, but I couldn't stop smiling. :-)
  • Trishajac
    Trishajac Posts: 482 Member
    bump :flowerforyou:
  • RunTLS
    RunTLS Posts: 55 Member
    I've only been disciplined about this for about 6 days now and I already have a couple.

1.) I've had at least 8 glasses of water every day since I started.
    2.) I'm eating much better food with less calories and it turns out I'm not as hungry as I was, and I feel better than I did when I eat all of this stuff compared to how it was when I was eating the high-calorie processed garbage. Or even low-calorie ultra processed stuff.
    3.) I've started to genuinely enjoy doing TurboFire now that I've completed 5 days. I really noticed it last night.
    4.) Today I noticed that my bra is not as tight, which is a NSV and a bummer at the same time. At least I can tell I must be losing some though lol!
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    stayed away from soda for a week today!
  • terbee
    terbee Posts: 72
    I am noticing my dog slimming down a bit as well! He is a natural athlete, and has been enjoying my 3-4 mile runs lately. He has a slim build but had put on a little roll over the past year (just like me). Glad he's back in top form. I'm another month or two from it, myself ;)
  • waldenfam2
    waldenfam2 Posts: 203 Member
    this may sound silly, but a regular size bath towel able to fit around me with no gap :) It feels good!!

This!!!!

Oh, oh, and I got to buy a size Large top and size 10 pants!!!!!! First time as an adult, EVER!!
  • Superchikanthem
    Superchikanthem Posts: 362 Member
    Mine is at work we wear aprons and I can notice a big difference in the gap at the back of the apron has gotten a lot smaller!!
  • I fit into a size medium plain white t-shirt today and size 33/30 slim fit jeans (I used to wear large/extra large shirts and a size 36/30 relaxed or loose fit jeans) :)
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Every time I set a personal record for time over a distance lately, I celebrate. Usually with chocolate. Those are awesome NSVs for me.
  • striveforhealthy
    striveforhealthy Posts: 137 Member
    Officially out of 36D bras and into 34C. I got measured today. I was incredibly happy to see the band get smaller. Cup size, meh.. bittersweet.
  • nazashi
    nazashi Posts: 93 Member
    Hi, I've joined MFP for about 6 months now. I had a blood test done last week and was told my cholestrol level is within the healthy range now! (it used to be sky-high before!) Plus my HDL(the good cholestrol) has increased so much that even my physician was astonished! YaY!!
  • paulmrice
    paulmrice Posts: 34 Member
    Was on the verge of needing to up the waist size on my jeans size from 36 to 38. 3 months (and 27 lbs. later), I can pull those 36s on and off without unbuttoning them and had to move my belt back 2 notches to keep them on!

Not buying new jeans though until I get rid of that last 13.

Also after three months, people are noticing and commenting, and I just received high marks from a physical exam on blood pressure (which has always been pretty good) and cholesterol (which has always been borderline high).
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    I recently went from the biggest bra clasp to the middle with no back bulge! Also, I fit into a smaller pair of jeans. Pretty good for being plateaued for 2 weeks! :smokin:
  • jucciifruit
    jucciifruit Posts: 30 Member
    My NSV is learing how to eat a heathy salad lol. Normally i eat a salad and i pile everything i can find on it ham chicken, blue cheese everything. I have learned that food is fuel and not a hobby :) I felt so great today after having nice lite salad. I can honestly say i felt full with no craving or guilt. If felt great. BTW i still cant fit a normal towel but i am working hard everyday so hopefully a smaller towel is in the future. :blushing:
  • Superchikanthem
    Superchikanthem Posts: 362 Member
    I ran a total of 5 miles today and 4 of them were without stopping!
  • jroja021
    jroja021 Posts: 74 Member
    I looked at a picture of my son and I at his first birthday party in January.. My face was a perfect circle round and plump. Now since I've shed 8 pounds my face has some of it's old contours back and looks so much better.. It was a major motivating NSV!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!