Non - Scale Victories (NSV) - care to share?

Options

Replies

• Trishajac
    Trishajac Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Running my first 5k (last Saturday!!!) in 33.42!!!(: Just started running in February!(:

WOW!
  • nrsloat
    nrsloat Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    NSV! Got my labs yesterday and compared them to a year ago. Total cholesterol went from 157 to 125! LDL (bad cholesterol) went from 91 to 61. HgA1C which measures for diabetes and tells you your average daily sugar level went from 4.9 to 4.5. Or daily average sugar from 94 to 82. I've been eating more fruits and veggies for the past 6 months with no change in weight until I joined MFP several weeks ago. It's encouraging to me to see that despite the fact I wasn't loosing weight, changing my eating habits is resulting in a healthier body!
  • Trishajac
    Options
    NSV! Got my labs yesterday and compared them to a year ago. Total cholesterol went from 157 to 125! LDL (bad cholesterol) went from 91 to 61. HgA1C which measures for diabetes and tells you your average daily sugar level went from 4.9 to 4.5. Or daily average sugar from 94 to 82. I've been eating more fruits and veggies for the past 6 months with no change in weight until I joined MFP several weeks ago. It's encouraging to me to see that despite the fact I wasn't loosing weight, changing my eating habits is resulting in a healthier body!

I agree - healthier choices for a healthier you... I'm feeling that too!

Thanks for sharing your great NSV's
  • Trishajac
    Options
    NSV over Easter..... recorded / logged every day. Hard to do - was visiting my hometown and being fed by family and friends. Knowing the scale numbers won't be great.... but - my NSV.... recorded / logged every day!! :flowerforyou:
  • Trishajac
    Options
    anything new to celebrate folks? great thread here to share! :flowerforyou:
  • KidsnK9s
    KidsnK9s Posts: 3
    Options
    I just had one today! I noticed my jeans were getting pretty loose and I thought "yay, these size 16s are getting loose!" Then I noticed I was wearing a pair of my size 14 jeans! I was wearing jeans that I thought I couldn't fit into yet and they were big on me :happy:
  • Trishajac
    Options
    I just had one today! I noticed my jeans were getting pretty loose and I thought "yay, these size 16s are getting loose!" Then I noticed I was wearing a pair of my size 14 jeans! I was wearing jeans that I thought I couldn't fit into yet and they were big on me :happy:

AWESOME!
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Didn't let gaining a couple of kilos over the holidays destroy me because I realize they are temporary and most likely are mostly water weight. I have already taken one off 1 and hopefully the next will come off in a day or so plus more. :)In the distant past I would let a minor setback wreck all my progress. One foot in front on the other :)
  • scarlettgeorgia4
    scarlettgeorgia4 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    its only been two weeks, but two weeks of healthy not of me starving myself untill i go crazy and then binging on everything in sight, i think this may actually STICK, ive had no temptations yet because i'm eating enough & loosing! .. :)
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    My grumpy "You've gained weight" mom telling me my butt looked firm! LOL
  • GeekyGirlLyn
    GeekyGirlLyn Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I bought some clothes last year before Christmas telling myself I would fit into them by Christmas. I didn't, of course. But just this morning I fit into my tuxedo style slacks and cute little top with cardigan for work! I was so excited that even though theyre a tiny bit too tight, just barely, I had to wear them to work. Next up is my silver-grey slacks I bought last spring telling myself Id fit in them. Theyre two sizes smaller than these pants which are two sizes smaller than my usual! (Which Im holding up with a safety pin atm!)
  • PHS7
    PHS7 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Had a couple of pairs of Levi's in the laundry room that haven't fit in a couple of years. Put one pair on straight from the dryer and they fit a little LOOSE! Felt great.
  • garita93
    garita93 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Just the idea of not seeing that 200lbs is huge for me. Even after a high calorie weekend I didn't have to see that number. And knowing that that high calorie weekend only included 1 bite of sweets. I feel so much stronger mentally.
  • Skeen903
    Skeen903 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I had my first official NSV this last weekend :) I went to Victoria Secret in the mall and bought a 38 DD bra. I got it home and went to put it on the next day and realized it was a 36DD... I was ecstatic when I found out that it actually fit and still looked good!!! :D
  • mgs68pony
    mgs68pony Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Realizing you are wearing capris two sizes smaller than in the fall and being able to make thru 20 min Jillian Michael 30 DS with out collapsing on the floor and gasping for air.
  • pogojr
    pogojr Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    A few NSV's from me!

-Last week I filled 376 Easter Eggs with candy (chocolate was my downfall) and didn't snitch a piece (now the kids have their candy stash from the weekend and I filled two gallon ziploc bags and brought it to work to feed them and get it out of my house!
    -The watch I received for Christmas and was snug, is almost to the point of being able to spin all the way around on its own (time to take some links out)
    -Wore a shirt on Sunday that I wore to a wedding last July. When I wore it in July, I wore Spanx and was still uncomfortable about my appearence.
    -I don't have to unbutton any of my jeans or dress pants to take them off or put them on (time to go shopping!)
  • rlwinton
    rlwinton Posts: 101
    Options
    One big one for me today,
    I quit smoking 42 days ago and began working out more intensely - increased to 5x a week.
    Anyway, today in Zumba was the first day that I was able to get through the Zumba class w/o hyperventilating or feeling like I was going to pass out! I worked up a great sweat and kept up the entire time! So much fun!
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Didn't let gaining a couple of kilos over the holidays destroy me because I realize they are temporary and most likely are mostly water weight. I have already taken one off 1 and hopefully the next will come off in a day or so plus more. :)In the distant past I would let a minor setback wreck all my progress. One foot in front on the other :)

I can relate to this one... gained a couple of pounds over the holiday weekend... but refusing to let it bring me down! I, too, remember when that may have been just and excuse to keep on eating... not now!! :noway:
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    My size 11 skinny jeans slip off without unbuttoning.
  • juliedozier
    juliedozier Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to cross my legs again! WTC!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!