Non - Scale Victories (NSV) - care to share?

Options

Replies

• Hoakiebs
    Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Even though the scale is not moving I can tell a huge difference in the way my clothes fit now. Plus I no longer have to take heartburn medication anymore!
    Heck, I never even thought of that, but I used to get heartburn so bad after spicy meals, and all I eat is spicy meals, but it's gone now!
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    My 5 year old told me I'm super skinny, I'm so not...but it was nice to hear :love:
    My jean are so loose, even the belt isn't helping, they are bunching up in the waist :bigsmile:
    People are finally starting to notice :happy:

Congratulations to everyone for your NSV! :flowerforyou:
  • cranberrycat
    cranberrycat Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this counts or not, but I consider it a victory!

Was gone all weekend, dependent upon restaurant food and the continental breakfast at the motel. Since I have MFP on my phone, it came in very handy for tracking cals, looking up restaurant meals, etc. Caught myself before making some huge mistakes!

Anyway, was only 0.4# above my weigh in on Friday, so I consider that a huge success, even if the scale went up instead of down!
  • amazon75
    amazon75 Posts: 165
    Options
    The best NSV so far? My little brother asking me for a meal plan.

Oh, and sitting down and unconsciuosly crossing my legs. I do it all the time now.
  • Larry0445
    Larry0445 Posts: 232
    Options
    Second hole in my belt,to third... :-)
  • drusselm
    drusselm Posts: 5
    Options
    clothes fitting nicely very nice feeling
  • cranberrycat
    cranberrycat Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Oh, and my best friend commented to me that I looked younger than most everyone else at the event we were at yesterday...
    being that today is my 48th birthday, I ate that one up!
  • tinamatteson
    tinamatteson Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Catching my reflection in a mirror or store window and NOT trying to look away as quickly as possible.

Wrapping my bath towel all the way around me,

Shopping in the 'regular' size section of the department store instead of the 'plus' department.

Feeling the muscles in my legs and arms when I put on body lotion.

Having my friends say, 'you've gotten so skinny!' (not quite, but it's nice they think so)

Not having to wear vests or jackets to hide the rolls around my middle - I can wear fitted t-shirts or tank tops and that's it!
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was my 75th session at Jazzercise for this year. Off to a good start!
  • DalexD
    DalexD Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Got wolf whistled at last week!!
  • leahnoelle31
    leahnoelle31 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I bought a size small dress in JUNIORS yesterday. And the size 6 dresses in ladies that I usually wear are getting loose! Crazy...
  • HLeAnn
    HLeAnn Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I have an old leather belt that, when I was at my heaviest (195), I had added a hole to on the end because it had become too small. Today, I still wear that same belt, but just a couple weeks ago, i had to add a hole to the OTHER side because it had become too big for me! Very cool NSV for me :)

ETA: It has been over 2 years since I was at 195. I started MFP this last December/Jan. at 171 lbs. My current weight is 158.
  • Trishajac
    Trishajac Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    1. One of my students from November didn't recognize me as I walked past them in the hall.
    2. Went to buy some new shorts for spring, fit into a 34. ( started @ 40)
    3. Coworkers saying I inspired them to do something about their weight issues.

I've let my hair grow - and I'm not recognized.... can't wait til I can add the loss of pounds and inches!
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Catching my reflection in a mirror or store window and NOT trying to look away as quickly as possible.

Wrapping my bath towel all the way around me,

Shopping in the 'regular' size section of the department store instead of the 'plus' department.

Feeling the muscles in my legs and arms when I put on body lotion.

Having my friends say, 'you've gotten so skinny!' (not quite, but it's nice they think so)

Not having to wear vests or jackets to hide the rolls around my middle - I can wear fitted t-shirts or tank tops and that's it!

:smile:
    I can so relate to the vests and jackets... that made me have a HUGE grin!! Congrats on your success thus far!
  • princessdracos
    princessdracos Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    14 pounds down, and have to wear a medium in our unisex work polo shirts so I don't look sloppy! Also, I purchased shorts for work a few weeks ago...I bought size 18, put them on yesterday, and they're actually a little loose!

But my biggest NSV was calling my doctor to adjust my insulin. My fasting sugar was hitting the low 70s, and the receptionist I spoke with said I really know what I'm doing and I should teach the patients! :happy: Then she called back to tell me the doctor wanted me to reduce my dosage by 8 units :bigsmile: I can't quit bragging to my friends about it...lol
  • graebnerkm15
    graebnerkm15 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have a few that I would like to share...
    I have logged for 15 days now!! That is a record for me, usually I get discouraged after less than a week and give up.
    When I sit down I can see my belly button instead of it being covered in a yucky fat roll.
    My jeans are fitting looser even after just being washed!!!!!!
    And my work pants are fitting looser after just being washed as well.

I can't wait until my face starts getting thinner too and I can lose this lovely double chin I've gotten.
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Today I got my License renewed 4yrs later and down 23pds from that time and my face doesn't even look like the same person...I guess I am not anyway...My entire thought process of health is different
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Yesterday was my 75th session at Jazzercise for this year. Off to a good start!

sounds like fun!! Congratulations on your success!
  • emmalecras
    emmalecras Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Dread one of the meeting rooms at work as the chairs are the worst and I always feel squished. But, today, I actually fit in the chair!!!
  • milzu
    milzu Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Flexing my willpower muscle and not having any chocolate all day. It's happened once or twice in the last three months :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!