Non - Scale Victories (NSV) - care to share?

Options

Replies

• bzmommy34
    bzmommy34 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm finally able to wear some really cute tops my husband had bought for me (well intentions - he's never seen me as anything but beautiful) that were too small.

I can run 3 miles without much effort.

I can see definition in my arms for the first time EVER!

I no longer dread looking in the mirror when I'm naked.

I crave water.

My kids are so happy that I no longer say "I'm too tired".
  • cohenkatz
    Options
    :laugh: Walking every day no matter what! A newbie, but it's a great start!
  • Redheadllena
    Redheadllena Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I have another!! My 6 year old gave me a hug and said mommy I can hug you better now :)

Soooo cute!^

My NSV has been people telling asking me if I've lost weight- SO much better than being asked (incorrectly) if you're expecting.
  • barrb1234
    barrb1234 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That does not sound silly at all. It is an achievement you need to be proud of. Wear it around the house for awhile.
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Have a cousin who shrunk from 250+ to 213 and I have shrunk from 290 to 261 so far. I hugged her today and it was amazing how close we could get! LOL...now that was a nice NSV for the both of us!!
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Bought two new bras last week (underwire, which I have not been able to wear in a long, long time!) The first couple of times I wore them, they pinched me and my scale was not budging, so I wondered if I had made a mistake getting them in this smaller size (still a 44C, but it was smaller for me!)

Today, I put one on and it has not pinched me a bit. It is 11 PM and no pinching! YAY! NOw that is an SNNSV (super nice non scale victory) for this girl!! YAY!
  • mshealy
    mshealy Posts: 36
    Options
    I can now walk up the two flights of stairs at my work and still have breath at the top!!!! Could partially be due to not smoking since Sunday but that is what I noticed today :smile:
  • sukatx
    sukatx Posts: 103
    Options
    I think this is too cute.

I teach a class of students, most of whom are second language learners. They often struggle with language, trying to find exactly the English word they're looking for.

Last week, one of my girls said, "Ma'am, you look...how you say...you look...less wide than you did before."
  • FitSuga
    FitSuga Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    My most recent NSV is being able to finally do real pushups! So thrilled!
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    Being stronger and getting close to dropping down a jean size are a couple of my NSV.
  • Redheadllena
    Redheadllena Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Realizing this morning that all my pencil skirts were too big to wear anymore :)
  • Ainsprid
    Ainsprid Posts: 25
    Options
    Bump for later! I love reading these..

Today I started to keep a list of little victories, inspired by this topic. It feels so good to read them over!
    Today I also finished the 4th of 6 weeks training for 5k (similar to C25k) AND I took "Before" pics because I'll be starting to lift soon. Took me lots of courage though!
  • Trishajac
    Trishajac Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Bump for later! I love reading these..

Today I started to keep a list of little victories, inspired by this topic. It feels so good to read them over!
    Today I also finished the 4th of 6 weeks training for 5k (similar to C25k) AND I took "Before" pics because I'll be starting to lift soon. Took me lots of courage though!

Congrats!!

I agree - love the sharing.. the great NSV's we may not have even considered... much better than waiting on the scale!!
  • Trishajac
    Options
    I think this is too cute.

I teach a class of students, most of whom are second language learners. They often struggle with language, trying to find exactly the English word they're looking for.

Last week, one of my girls said, "Ma'am, you look...how you say...you look...less wide than you did before."

"less wide than you did before."... that IS too cute! :smile:
  • tthroenle
    Options
    congratulations on your NSV successes. I actually only get weighed by my trainer every 3 months. I don't focus on the #, i focus on meeting my conscience eating goals and my workout goals. I've lost 60 lbs. total, I'm working on the last 10 lbs. I'm 50 and i ahd twins at 45, so my body really wants to hang on to that last 10 lbs! ( i also have a lifetime of yo-yo dieting). I've kept my weight off for 2 years so far (the 60 lbs.) so i reward myself with clothes to stay on track. Best to you. Tere
  • Lissalyn824
    Options
    I am so with you there! Can't wait for that!
  • colobon
    colobon Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Tonight I realized I no longer think I need some wine after a stressful day at work. Instead I'm thinking, "I'm going to be good tonight because I've been doing well and I want the scale to go down tomorrow."
  • Trishajac
    Options
    bump :flowerforyou:
  • Hoakiebs
    Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    this may sound silly, but a regular size bath towel able to fit around me with no gap :) It feels good!!
    This!
  • Hoakiebs
    Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Plus, now I can see where I'm peeing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!