Non - Scale Victories (NSV) - care to share?

Options

Replies

• l3long
    l3long Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Have gone from intervals of running
    1 min walking 1 min
    to
    running 7 min walking 2 min
    and
    ran a toatl of 7 km yesterday
  • Trishajac
    Trishajac Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    NSV - ENJOYING WALKING AGAIN - going to get new songs for my ipod - as I've gone through the loop!!

:glasses:
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Fitting in my old clothes and getting some new ones

Recognition at work

Feet don't hurt at all anymore
  • Whisperinghorse
    Whisperinghorse Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Dropping 2.3% bodyfat in 2 weeks..... And gained 4lb lean mass :o) Chucking away the scales :flowerforyou:
  • PandaPop87
    PandaPop87 Posts: 131
    Options
    When my boyfriend hugs me our legs touch before our bellies :)

I managed to fit into size (uk) 16 clothes! (I started at 24)

I love NSVs they make losing weight even more worth it!
  • chanson104
    chanson104 Posts: 859
    Options
    I just came across this tread, and I love it! These are a few of my favorite NSV's:

I was looking for my 18 year old son at a ball game, and I was trying to get one of his friend's attention to ask him if he knew where he was at, but he wouldn't answer me until I got right up in his face. A couple days late my son said, "Mom, you know when you were trying to get Chad's attention? He said that he heard his name, but he was just looking over the top of you trying to figure out who was calling him because he didn't know who you were."

The young lady fixing our sandwiches at Subway said to me, "I have a question. Have you lost weight?" When I told her yes, she said, "I thought that was you, but I wasn't sure. You look really great."

My boss made me get a new badge because the picture on mine didn't look anything like me.

I filled in at an Assisted Living facility that I use to work at full time. I overheard a couple of the resident's conversation (from the other side of the dining room). One of them referred to me as "the new girl." The other resident said, "Oh, no. She has worked here for years. She is doing a great job reducing. She use to be quite the fatty."
  • chanson104
    chanson104 Posts: 859
    Options
    Dropping 2.3% bodyfat in 2 weeks..... And gained 4lb lean mass :o) Chucking away the scales :flowerforyou:

I love this. I have been thinking about monitoring body fat instead of watching the scales.
  • DalexD
    DalexD Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    My boss came up to me yesterday and said "Dale... you look FABULOUS!" I was like :blushing:
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I dropped 2.25 inches in the waist in a month and only lost 5 1/2 lbs that same month. - I can run 12 miles without thinking about it - I can look down both legs of my old yoga pants. - I can fit a size small if need be.

The list goes on. I have more NSVs than anything.
  • annafonte
    annafonte Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I lost a lot of weight last year and bought a pair of black work trousers in a smaller size last year. Even though I lost a lot of weight, I still could not do up the button and zip. Tried them on two weekends ago, and still couldnt but could get them on. Last weekend, I tried them and I can do the button and zip on but they're still tight but hey ho, I am not complaining. :D That half a pound weight loss in a week seemed to have done the trick even though it's not much :D

I had someone say to me the other day, that I'm glowing and that I've really slimmed down :D
  • Dragonnade
    Dragonnade Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    My waist measurement. I spent about 30 minutes going "surely not" when I saw how much it'd shrunk.

Then when working out what size I now am to buy a dress for my birthday party in 2-3 weeks time, I went "oh, I'm still a 14?" before putting the two together and realising quite how vanity sized my size 14 jeans are. Swiftly turned from oh noes to a Hell Yeah I'm a 14!

*can't wait to be a 12*
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    A notch down in my belt this morning!
  • CShepherd91
    Options
    Sticking to the exercise regime. Even when the last thing I want to do is go out for a walk/jog, just getting up and going for it.

And if the weather won't co-operate, blaring out some music and dancing around my bedroom for 30 minutes instead.

I've exercised for a minimum of 30 minutes a day since I started this, and I feel so much better for it! :D
  • maryduggins
    maryduggins Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Starting to get quads! XD Already have the 'cut' down the sides of my thighs, and I've got pretty good calf muscles... but now I'm really starting to get quads!!! I'm kind of obsessing over them actually :tongue:
  • THEErikaR
    THEErikaR Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    unloading groceries without being out of breath, missing the gym when I don't make it (sick I know!! lol) bending straight over while sitting on the bed or couch to tie my shoes instead of having to lift my leg up to tie them.

I was sitting in my car the other day and I dropped something so I looked down quickly to see where it had fallen and guess what I saw...??? MY THIGHS!! My stomach isn't in the way anymore and its also doesnt poke out from under my boobs anymore. When I look down all I see are my boobs and then my feet!!! My own body changing before my eyes has been my biggest motivator!! :)
  • SaraRT1983
    Options
    I was able to remove my bra extenders today!!! :)
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    I managed to buy a dress in Coast a shop I would not have dared shop in before and buy a dress for my friends wedidng it was an awesome feeling that every dress I tried on fit and I had a choice of what I wanted to buy. :tongue: :flowerforyou:
  • monindro
    monindro Posts: 3
    Options
    money comes to people who do not chase it but diligently and sincerely execute their role ................

once you have decided u want to lose weight one have to have a weekly plan.
    for the first month the weekly plan is this
    - calorie deficit by food = 3500 cal ( 7 days x 500 cal)
    - calorie expended through exercise = 2000 cal ( 4 days x 500 cal )
    - total weekly deficit = 5500 cal (3500 + 2000 )
    - total for month
    = 22,000 cal ( 5500 x 4 weeks)
    = 2.85 cal ( 7,700 cal = 1 kg)
    = 2.0 -2.5 kg a month the scale
    = 4.4 - 5.5 lb a month

One should measure one's success by the lvl. in which one follows this routine or any other routine relentlessly till goal is achieved and not by what the scale shows. And weight loss will surely follow.
    Besides, the scale is not a reliable thing if one does not understand the working of the body intricately.
    Body weight can vary between 1.5 - 4.5 kg ( due to glycogen depletion) on a single day without any change in basic composition of the body .

this is my NSV ( if you insist - on the short form .... LOL!)
  • mollymoo
    mollymoo Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks for spelling out what NSV stands for, I have been trying to figure it out for days now!!
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I planked for the first time yesterday. I loved it, I'm feeling it today but it was great knowing that I'm getting stronger and I was able to actually do it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!