Non - Scale Victories (NSV) - care to share?

Options

Replies

• ball858
    ball858 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Not having to go to big shops (like Evans) or Online to buy my clothes - I can now go to Topshop with all my friends
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    fitting in and performing in my $4000 wedding dress :)
  • 5Btieden
    5Btieden Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Took the kids down to the park today and was making laps around it. Our local pastor and his family were out for a walk. They told me how they think it is just great that I am that I am out getting healthy :) They said they have seen me down at the park at night and how they think its a huge accomplishment for me to start running. Just the right NSV to get me back on board with the C25K. Week 4 is so hard for me!
  • ErnieM88
    ErnieM88 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    when I'm lying in bed on my side or laying on the sofa watching tele, I can feel my hip bone jutting out! I'm sure it was never there before!
    Also, being able to say no to things like cakes and biscuits. Generally all shop bought so I just tell myself the next time I fancy them I can hop on my bike and do the 10 minute journey myself.
  • CareyOstertag
    CareyOstertag Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i have not seen a dramatic weight loss, but yesterday i was able to fit into a dress i have been trying to get back into for 6 years now. then realized that i was down to sizes. this dress has been hanging in my bedroom for about 3 years now just waiting for me to fit into it again. i never really got the whole exercise thing till now. i was almost in tears.
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    My coworker told me I looked goo last night ^_^ She hadn't seen me in weeks :P

Also, my belt needed a new hole <3
  • phillieschic
    Options
    All along the way, my 14 year old son has measured my weight loss and body transformation by hugging me...he tries to see how far he can wrap his arms around my waist and touch his wrists, elbows, etc.. He doesn't get excited anymore though because the other day he said, "Mom, I can always wrap my arms around you and grab past my elbows and half way up my bicep...so it's no big deal to me that your waist is so small now."

LOL...it sure is a BIG deal to me! :tongue:
  • lclowe0808
    lclowe0808 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    With losing over 75 lbs.....I am able to:
    - put on my socks without assistive device
    - tie my shoes
    - walk up stairs
    - just being able to walk more than 10 steps period
    - ride a bike
    - participate in an indoor triathlon!!!!!

It's those little things in life that make a big difference!

Hugz

Linda
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    Had a couple of people tell me that I look taller, my mum said that it's like I'm standing taller. Shoulders back instead of slouched. Also told my arms and chest are looking nicer and more firm. Happy dayze
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    The pants that were too snug to wear when I first bought them a month ago are now almost too big to wear.
  • Redapplecandie
    Redapplecandie Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Collarbones... Hip bones.... I have muscles in my legs.... Flex my arms and actually see muscle, not fat.

Having some body builder type flirt shamelessly with me last night at the gym.... while my fiancee was standing nearby.

My fiancee being able to literally pick me up and walk around and toss me on the bed.

Piggy back rides!

Smaller clothes of course! 24W? No way! 12-14 please. 3X tops? Nu Uh! Large!

Seeing my toes, and polishing them myself.

Being able to sit Indian style in my work chair.

Drawing my knees up to my chin
  • Trishajac
    Trishajac Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    i have not seen a dramatic weight loss, but yesterday i was able to fit into a dress i have been trying to get back into for 6 years now. then realized that i was down to sizes. this dress has been hanging in my bedroom for about 3 years now just waiting for me to fit into it again. i never really got the whole exercise thing till now. i was almost in tears.

How awesome for you!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Collarbones... Hip bones.... I have muscles in my legs.... Flex my arms and actually see muscle, not fat.

Having some body builder type flirt shamelessly with me last night at the gym.... while my fiancee was standing nearby.

My fiancee being able to literally pick me up and walk around and toss me on the bed.

Piggy back rides!

Smaller clothes of course! 24W? No way! 12-14 please. 3X tops? Nu Uh! Large!

Seeing my toes, and polishing them myself.

Being able to sit Indian style in my work chair.

Drawing my knees up to my chin

Wow!! So many great NSV's here..... you have done so well.... I love the piggy back rides.... :happy:
  • SpaceFanMomma
    Options
    I actually kept up with the FRB's (Front Running Btards) in my bike hash group on Sunday. It was a 20 mile course and up until now, I've been toward the back of the pack. I was so stoked!
  • EgyptianMushroom
    EgyptianMushroom Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    So far my NSV's come from the measuring tape! I've lost 13 inches in the past 4 weeks. :love: And people are noticing! Huge motivational boost!

Plus, I pick yummy nutritious foods that I won't hate. :laugh:
  • crystallayne
    crystallayne Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Giving my former skinny clothes away because they were to big too!
  • Skeen903
    Skeen903 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    this may sound silly, but a regular size bath towel able to fit around me with no gap :) It feels good!!

Not silly at all!!! I can't wait for that day :D
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I went for a run today and I had to hold onto my pants cuz they were falling down...
    annoying but I'll take it!
  • Trishajac
    Options
    :love:

Love this thread!! Such great sharing!
  • maryduggins
    maryduggins Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Running my first 5k (last Saturday!!!) in 33.42!!!(: Just started running in February!(:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!