One Year and 80lbs: Couch Potato to Runner

Options

Replies

• NicholeRobb
    NicholeRobb Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an amazing transformation! I have been reading up on that program as well & have been thinking about giving it a try. U r def a testimony in itself to how well it must wrk! Great job!
  • sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Congratulations you look amazing. I am learning to love c25k. I actually have to redo week 7.
  • alangholz
    alangholz Posts: 69
    Options
    Awesome!
  • april1lowe
    april1lowe Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    ooh, ooh, friend me! My weightloss is 30 more lbs. too. I am running my first half marathon this Saturday. I have trained for 4 months for this day! I can't wait. I used Hal Higdon's training schedule online.
    I am also running another half marathon in May.....4.5 mile mud obstacle in May....and possibly tough mudder in October.
    good luck on journey. you have already done an amazing job. you've saved a life, yours!

I'm doing my first half in a few weeks and Warrior Dash in May! :) Good luck on your runs!
  • M77308
    M77308 Posts: 183
    Options
    Awesome story!!! You honestly look amazing and you look years younger!!! All your hard work is definitely paying off!! :)
  • joey200for2
    joey200for2 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Great job, congratulations on your success!!!!!
  • wisebadger53
    wisebadger53 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    You're looking awesome man! I have been working on my running for the last couple of months with the goal of entering a 5k (it's only been about 50 years since the last time I can actually say I "RAN" anywhere. LOL), and I do find it to be fun! I never thought I would say that! Good luck with the rest of your weight loss, and especially with the 5k!
  • ukloveme
    ukloveme Posts: 125
    Options
    keep it up, I bet yo feeling amazing.
  • nickyeatrunread
    nickyeatrunread Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Wow, what amazing results! Well done, you look amazing! Very handsome!

Anyway I'll add you. Imalso as looking for more supportive friends! I finished c25k in march 2010 and it totally changed my life. About to start training for my first marathon.
  • onewithwings
    Options
    I was a couch potato too!

After running my first 5K, I got addicted. This year I'm entered for 3 half marathons, a 10K, an 8K a 6K and 4 5K's...and not looking back.

I found a running club that utilizes the Jeff Galloway training method and my time and performance have improved by leaps and bounds!
  • bigswedeman
    bigswedeman Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hmm... Interesting reading up on his 'running' style...
  • ToEKnee213
    ToEKnee213 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I was reading your blog last night as a matter of fact....you are an inspiration for sure!

I am starting C25K on the 1st - I HOPE - I'm also doing 30DS and I may have to crawl through my cardio days.

Way to go on your success & best of luck to you on your journey!!!
  • mousecat84
    Options
    Fantastic read! Really glad to hear of your very positive results! Keep it up and you're sure to be at your goal in no time! :)
  • KristyB32
    KristyB32 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Wow! Way to go! What is couch to 5k? I've heard of it before but no clue what it is.
  • wow.. thats a great change buddy.. congratulations
  • ball858
    ball858 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Looking good ;)
  • gailosborne
    gailosborne Posts: 435
    Options
    excellent work Kevin!! Impressive stuff!
  • ToEKnee213
    ToEKnee213 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Wow! Way to go! What is couch to 5k? I've heard of it before but no clue what it is.

It helps you become a runner over the course of 9 weeks. It walks you through step by step what "running" activities to do to be able to do a 5K (a little over 3 miles). It's fabulous!
  • KristyB32
    KristyB32 Posts: 76 Member
    Options

It helps you become a runner over the course of 9 weeks. It walks you through step by step what "running" activities to do to be able to do a 5K (a little over 3 miles). It's fabulous!

Is it a website or some kind of program you buy? Thanks!
  • bigswedeman
    bigswedeman Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Is it a website or some kind of program you buy? Thanks!

There are a few apps out there, I had the one that Bluefin created (http://www.bluefinapps.com/)... It starts off slow and SLOWLY works your way up... If you have trouble with a week, just do it again. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!