One Year and 80lbs: Couch Potato to Runner

Options

Replies

• KristyB32
    KristyB32 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I will definitely check it out! :)
  • Libbyly
    Libbyly Posts: 175
    Options
    I'm still in the early days of running but managing 1 k at a time before I need a walking break. Never ever thought I'd get there either.

Well done - you very well may have saved your own life.
  • lilyjay_
    lilyjay_ Posts: 86
    Options
    Amazing well done! And I love a c25k success story to help get me through the next few weeks of it!
  • Neize
    Neize Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Awesome! What an inspiring story!
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Kudos for choosing the natural route to lose weight and yet again proving weight loss can be achieved without radical and unnatural changes to your body (i.e. surgery). {I'm strongly opposed to those surgeries - in case it is not apparent.} :wink:

You look great and thanks for sharing what helped you in your journey! Keep up the good work! :flowerforyou:
  • bigswedeman
    bigswedeman Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Yes, I was able to make the change without medical intervention... but I know not everyone can for a multitude of reasons. My co-worker had surgery around the same time I started my journey, and she's doing wonderful. And compared to what I went through, and what she went through... I took the 'easy' route. I don't begrudge anyone for doing something proactive to save their lives :)
  • Floridaboiler
    Floridaboiler Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    congratulations!!!
  • TraceyDonna
    Options
    Wow looking HOT!!! I agree about the running - it was the one thing I discovered that really does shed the weight. x
  • Jemiliee
    Jemiliee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow this really makes me want to get off my bum and actually do some exercise! You look so different! But C25K looks so daunting - I really can't see myself running for more than a minute without falling over into a heap haha.
  • bigswedeman
    Options
    *lol*

I totally know what you mean! I WAS THERE GIRL! I know EXACTLY what you're talking about!

But that program CAN help you do it! Try it, I promise it'll help you :)

K
  • grizzlymaze
    grizzlymaze Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    You are doing a great job. That is so awesome that you have been able to pick up the sport of running. Its not easy, and its not hard all at the same time. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other and you'll being doing fine. Congrats on the 5k finish. I know how hard that can be. The hardest part about running is the first mile. Anything past that is a walk in the park.

You can add me as a friend if you wish.

Cheers.
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    You look great, :flowerforyou: can I ask how tall you are? My son is just starting this journey and I would love to show him your story as inspiration. Thanks for sharing your pictures and story - off to read your blog!
  • paulaann67
    paulaann67 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    What a transformation thanks for sharing the photos! You look sooo much younger in the final photo this shows what can be done w diet & exercise. Feel free to friend me always looking for positive people on this journey!
  • lilyjay_
    lilyjay_ Posts: 86
    Options
    Wow this really makes me want to get off my bum and actually do some exercise! You look so different! But C25K looks so daunting - I really can't see myself running for more than a minute without falling over into a heap haha.

I'm halfway through and was exactly the same when I started, just take it one day at a time, don't dwell on what's coming up in the next weeks :)
  • bigswedeman
    Options
    I'm 6'4 and currently 249.6lbs. :)
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • usedasbrandnew
    usedasbrandnew Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Must remember to fist pump* :)
  • CosmicBella
    CosmicBella Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!... Great job! :)
  • TerresaJ
    TerresaJ Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    You've done an awesome job!!! I am running my first 1/2 marathon next month. :) Good luck on your 5K.
  • yspen42
    yspen42 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Good job! I am so happy for you!

You are an inspiration to me!

Thanks
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!