gluten-free, low-carb, 20 calorie pancakes!

Options

Replies

• mississippi_queen
    mississippi_queen Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cmdwyer00
    cmdwyer00 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • allegram
    allegram Posts: 117
    Options
    holy moly I've been craving pancakes like nobody's business. Thank you for posting! :)
  • speded
    speded Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thanks going to try this weekend!
  • kristynleigh0407
    Options
    I can tell you for a fact that once you blended our process the cottage cheese you wont be able to taste it. I make "milkshake" protein shakes with a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese and it tastes so amazing you would NEVER know it has cottage cheese, but it gives you this thick milkshake consistency! So don't be shy about trying recipes that sound a little weird because you are only missing out :)
  • lexximan
    lexximan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    um OMG perfect!!
  • missbethea
    missbethea Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    *bump* so I can make these later :)
  • Wendyerickson
    Wendyerickson Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    bump
  • audreygonzy
    audreygonzy Posts: 169
    Options
    BUMP
  • dsteph944
    Options
    Has anyone tried using Splenda instead of Truvia? This sounds really good!
  • femmi1120
    femmi1120 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Sorry to be a negative nancy, but I just tried these and they were a disaster. I'm still not sure how OP is getting such a low calorie count, but whatever, the ones I made are still pretty low-cal. Second, I used a hand mixer as per others' suggestions, and I still couldn't get it to a pancake batter consistency. They came out to be the thinnest "pancakes" I've ever seen, and no matter how long I cooked them, I couldn't seem to get the middle to cook all the way. Basically, they looked like pancakes, but the center was completely egg - it just tasted like an omelet, nothing like a pancake at all.

^Same experience, except mine didn't hold together at all and did have much more of an omelette flavor. It was totally worth a shot but I'll stick with my oatmeal-egg white base :)
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    bump
  • FireSwan
    FireSwan Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Looks Yummy! I'm going to try and make these tonight. I checked for hints on cooking these on several different low carb forums and the recipe is slightly different.

2 oz cream cheese
    2 eggs (whites/yolks separated)
    1 packet stevia sweetener
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)

They use 2 full eggs instead of just egg whites. It seems that the trick to get the right consistancy is to beat the egg whites until peaks form. Then in a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese, egg yolks, and sweetner until creamy. Then fold the egg whites into the cream cheese mixture. Then cook as you would regular pancakes

It's a little more work, but you may get a better result. I'll report back once I try it.
  • Carlyannabelle
    Carlyannabelle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy
  • smcesko
    smcesko Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JBsCrazyGirl
    Options
    bump.

YUMM.