What does you gym cost??

Options

Replies

• Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    $30 a month no contract. Has some pretty limited staffed hours, but you have 24 hour access via a keycard they give you.
  • HWeatherholt
    HWeatherholt Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    We go to Planet Fitness... they have two plans. The $20 a month plan (what I do) lets me bring a guest anytime I want, tanning booths and red light therapy (don't use them) and the massage chairs (forget to use them) and 50% of cooler beverages. They also have a bare bones $10 a month plan with unlimited use 24 hours except the weekends they close at 7 p.m. Both plans offer unlimited training.

I wish my Planet Fitness was open 24 hours. That is the only down fall for me, because my work schedule is so odd. But, I have been doing really good at finding the time.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Mine used to be $65 / month......(American Family)

I switched to Golds Gym and was $10/month. I added in unlimited guests, unlimited tanning and half-off drinks for another $10/month so I pay $20/month.
  • Nikki_42
    Nikki_42 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    $14.99/month. Gold's gym. Includes all classes and sauna. M-F 5am to 11pm; S-S 7am to 8pm (might be 9pm, but I think 8pm); Friend has same gym for $29.99. All depends on the specials when you sign up.
  • msbellzee
    msbellzee Posts: 69
    Options
    I pay $23 NZ per week, so $92 a month, that includes, monthly assessment adn review of my programme, measurments and weight etc, plus as many classes as i want to take. I think that's around $108 USD a month
  • msbellzee
    Options
    Crickey, I'm moving to your town :)

ETA: that was at dad106
  • Babs0077
    Babs0077 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Club Fitness here in the St. Louis area is the best deal I have found, and I have been a member of 3 different gyms in the past 8 years!! I pay the $19.99 for the 24 hour access and unlimited classes, but my "main" club (the one closest to my house) doesn't have spinning, so I'd have to go to a different one but no worries, they seem to be EvErYwHeRe!!! :bigsmile:
  • msbellzee
    Options
    Seems the gym is a lot cheaper in the USA than it is here in little ole NZ :sad:
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Lucky. :P I'm paying about 35 a month on a 2 year contract... Don't know how I got talked into that one. But most of the prices around here are the same and I figured at least with Anytime fitness, I'll still have one close to home when I visit and traveling.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Crickey, I'm moving to your town :)

ETA: that was at dad106

Lol, I go to X-Sport Fitness... and I really like it!

Granted, I never took a class until this year.. and now I take Yoga.. and been using a trainer since I started.
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    i go to the ymca because i need the daycare i would have spent 60 a month for a single parent with kids (hubby doesnt workout unless needs to for work) but the ymca does a financial aid program everyone is able to apply for and they said everyone gets something off i get 55% off so i only pay 28 a month now :) and its done month by month so no contract...i use to go to golds gym paied 48 a month had to pay for daycare on top of it and was in a 6 month contract so this is much better.

what stinks is my hubby is military so i have a free gym but have no daycare lmao
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    $20 for a small gym that is 5am-10pm weekdays and 8-8 weekends. There's no sauna, pool, or locker room. It has great machines and is maybe the size of a strip mall pizza place. I pay it because it's WAY cheaper than 24 hour fitness.

Same rate, same hours. We have a sauna and locker room, a lot of free classes too.
  • ToEKnee213
    ToEKnee213 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    3 year contract @ $22/mth for everything except tanning and any classes (aerobics, zumba, pilates). They have a special "ladies only" area where the machines are much cleaner & they are more comfortable than the regular equipment (and the free weights are nicer!). The cardio area is shared by both guys & gals.

It also is 24 hour access with a key card, but is staffed from 9-9 during the week & 8-5 on Saturdays.
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I go to Goodlife gym. Been a member there since 1997. Right now I'm paying about $13 a month.
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Options
    I pay $95/month for a family plan. I get access to 3 gyms, indoor and outdoor pools, tennis courts. Its worth the high cost if you use the facilities regularly.
  • lucy0326
    lucy0326 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I go to Fitness Connection and I pay $10/month. I paid a good sum of money at the beginning but now its just $10. I get 24hour access with a pool, hot tub, and sauna. I like that they have a women only area that includes a sauna too. I know they have a daycare during the day and some classes but I'm not really sure. I like it a lot since they employees are nice and some of the trainers are nice too. Trainers charge extra for sessions but if you ask them a question they will help you and even show you some new techniques.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    We pay $44 for a dual membership. Our gym (Powerhouse) has 24/7 access - which we need with our weird work schedules.
  • LinsenNRoses
    LinsenNRoses Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I pay 10 dollars a month at Planet Fitness. It's open 24 hours! I wish it has a Bball court and pool and all that but I like it!! It's right next to my house and I can definitely afford that! :)
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Way too much! I have a family membership at Lifetime Fitness, it's $100+ per month. It IS pretty posh, they have everything - indoor/outdoor pools, tons of equipment, classes, basketball, rock climbing wall, even indoor soccer! I was at 24 Hour Fitness for $35/month with access to any of the facilities across the US.
  • Meeperslove
    Meeperslove Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Our gym is free and we have access to 3 gyms (All within about a 10 mile radius of each other). That includes pool, sauna, basketball court, racketball court. We have to pay for classes and massages though. The one right down the street from my house is 24 hrs (has a door code) while the other two have some great hours.